59. Emmanuel

Em is looking at my face which, I'm sure, is showing every emotion that passes through me.

   "You're wondering why everybody is convinced that the three of us are more than friends, aren't you?" he softly smiles, stroking my cheek.

   I only nod.

   "Well, people started making up these stories since it was obvious that we're very close. We just didn't deny." He shrugs his shoulders. "It was beneath us to refute rumors. I'll be honest and admit that we fueled them to some extent. You saw it at the party. I guess It was kind of fun."

   I shake my head. I can perfectly understand that. It's so typical for each of them to do something just for the fun of provoking the crowd.

   "So, what's Lucky's real name?" I ask impatiently.

   "It's Vladislav," Em grins. "We started to call him Lucky after the University admission exams. He learned only five out of sixty possible topics, hoping that one of them will be picked. That was exactly what happened. He got the highest grade from the three of us, despite the fact that, while I and Jamie weren't getting enough sleep studying, he was going to parties and having fun."

   "What about Jamie?" I don't give up.

   "Oh, it came up because he sucks at cooking. He's literally incapable of boiling an egg. And since he's blond, cute and always cheerful, I teased him by ironically calling him Jamie Oliver, like the popular chef. Then it just became his nick name. It kind of suits him."

   I gaze at Em, ready to soak in more information. I feel him as close as never before. He was so honest with me and opened up so much, but I'm still not satisfied. I want to dig even deeper. There are thousands of things I want to ask.

   I hope I'll be able to do the same for him one day, tell him everything.

   "What about you? Is Em your actual name?" I finally blurt the ultimate question with sparkling eyes, fidgeting in his arms.

   "You have a lot of questions, don't you, kitty?" he chuckles. "Alright, I'll tell you. Mine is not a nick name. It's just the short version of Emmanuel."

    I gasp in surprise, "Wow, it's beautiful!"

   Emmanuel. It makes me shiver, just repeating it in my mind. 

   "I love your name!" I kiss his chin and beam.

   "Thank you, sweetie! And I love everything about you," he mumbles, before kissing the spot behind my ear. The instant rush of heat makes me tremble, but I brace myself since I want to know so much more.

   "And how did you ..."

   "No, no, no," Em interrupts me, covering my mouth with his palm. "Enough for tonight. It's late and it's getting quite cold. I'll tell you more some other time. Let's gather our stuff. I'm taking you home." 

   He jumps up and adds, smirking, "I hope it's clear that, saying 'home', I mean my house. You're spending the night with me. Any objections?"

   I immediately feel the hot shiver again, streaming up my spine.

   "Not a single one," I manage to mutter.

   We gather everything and throw it in the jeep. 

   It's cold, so the top is covering the cabin. It's cozy and nice inside. 

   I'm overly excited, but also a little bit tired from everything that happened this evening. 

   We pull off. The steady hum of the engine and the warm stream of air, coming from the heater, make me relax blissfully in my seat and close my eyes. 

   Suddenly, I open them abruptly, remembering something that has been bothering me since the dinner at the winery.

   "Em, I know you said no more questions, but we need to discuss one more thing and it's really important. It's not about you," I start and look at him intently.

   "What is it, sweetie? Shoot!" He nods encouragingly.

   "I'm worried about Emma. I haven't talked to her today and have no idea what Lucky wants her to do for him as a birthday present. You know about the three wishes, right?" I gulp nervously and continue. "I don't doubt that he's a decent guy. After what you told me about your friendship, I'm even more convinced that he's not the type of person who'd take advantage of her. But I just can't stop feeling anxious. Emma looks sassy, but she's actually very sensitive. She looked shocked last evening. I'm sure, it's clear to you that she's quite into Lucky."

   "I know," Em confirms. "You're so sweet, thinking about your friend."

   He tosses me a glimpse with a wicked smirk on his face and firmly states, "My mouth is sealed, though."

   "Em!" I pout.

   "You can purse your lips and make these cute faces as much as you want," he chuckles. "That won't help."

   "But you know something, right? Then I'll tickle you until you tell me everything when we get home." I decide that, maybe, I'll get some information by joking.

   "Wow, that was some threat!" He bursts into laughter. "Please, be sure to do it, kitty. You'll achieve amazing results, I assure you." 

   He turns to me and slides his tongue over his upper lip, purring, "But not the ones you expect."

   I immediately turn bright red at this shameless hint. I try to hide it by pretending to be captivated by the view through the window. The next second I feel his hand, lightly squeezing my thigh.

   "Hey, Sunny," he gently calls. "Don't worry, love. Emma is perfectly safe. I swear! But I can't tell you what Lucky asked her since it's a surprise also for you."

   "For me?" I shriek. "What do I have to do with it?" 

   Now the curiosity is really eating me alive.

   "Everything!" he only says and mysteriously smiles.

___________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 59!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

You're amazing!

Did you like Em's full name? 💕💕💕

Do you have any guesses what could be this surprise both for Emma and Sunny? 😉

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize, if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you enjoyed the story.

It's the greatest award for the author.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny