42. Who's The Lovely Honey?

'𝓛𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓼 & 𝓛𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓷𝓼' and 'I Love You' just WARM MY HEART.

***

   We buy beverages for everyone and sit on a nearby bench to drink them.

   Jamie sprawls with outstretched legs, sipping blissfully his coffee and smoking, apparently unfazed by the bustle around us. Some of the bravest of his loyal female admirers immediately surround him and start chatting happily with him. The fact that Em appeared, holding my hand, probably, gave them some hope that the object of their dreams is now free to conquer.

   Emma is unusually silent. She's quietly sitting next to Lucky and drinking hot chocolate, carefully studying her shoes. Either the situation is equally uncomfortable for her, or something has happened, about which she has yet to tell me. I'd really like to know how exactly she ended up on Lucky's bike this morning. I sense that she can't wait for us to be alone and talk, although I'm not that eager, knowing what interrogation she'll subject me to about last night.

   "Oh, shit!" Lucky suddenly hisses through gritted teeth.

   I turn my eyes in the direction he's looking at. Three boys are approaching us. 

   They're all extremely stylish and polished, especially the one in the middle. He could easily be a fashion model with his tall slim figure, handsome face with classic features and carefully styled, brushed up, blond hair. His knee long, slim fit trench coat is open, revealing a dark blue casual suit. His Oxford shoes shine in the sunlight. His look is elegant and sophisticated. Everything in him screams "money".

   What strikes me most is his unpleasant, arrogant facial expression. His features are distorted by his obvious self-complacency and disregard towards the people around him. Even his companions, although radiating quite similar vibes, walk a few steps behind him as if he's some kind of a nobleman and they're his stewards.

   The guy's eyes are motionlessly fixed on Em. 

   A cold shiver runs through my body. My gut feeling is that nothing good will come out of this encounter. Jamie is tense and alert next to me.

   The conceited boy stops in front of Em, so close that almost steps on his toes. 

   Em, however, is unfazed by this display of insolence. 

   The new comer tosses him a dirty look, smirking. 

   "Hey, Em. How are you, babe boy?" he coos with a deliberately sweet and gentle voice. 

   "Daniel, I advise you to get lost as fast as you can," Lucky growls with narrowed eyes. "You obviously didn't learn a thing from the last time," he hisses, "but I'm willing to remind you how much it hurts."

   Jamie clenches his fists, straightening up.

   "Em, could you put your mad dog on a leash, babe. We don't want him biting people around, do we?" the guy chirps sweetly.

   He's so annoying that I feel my skin tingling with the desire to make him leave my boyfriend alone and stop addressing him with pet names.

   Em slowly raises from his seat, his face millimeters from the guy's. He's perfectly calm. A subtle sneer is twitching up the corners of his mouth.

   "Hey, Dany boy. I'm glad you're in a good shape, judging by your particularly sharp tongue," he chuckles. "My personal suggestion, however, is not to mess with Lucky. You know why better than me." 

   Em leans even closer to the boy, almost touching him and adds, "Also, learn to accept loss and stop calling me "babe". You know I'm not your babe and have never been. Even less I will ever become one."

   His words obviously hit on the spot since the other's face becomes beat red and his features twist with anger. 

   The guy still doesn't give up and points his finger at me.

   "So, who's the lovely honey?" he spits out as if speaking about a disgusting toad that has just crawled out of a stinking puddle directly on his brand new trench coat.

   Before anyone can answer his question, he blurts something out spitefully in the local language. It's completely incomprehensible to me but makes Emma scream in surprise. She covers her mouth with her hand, looking at him wide-eyed in total disbelief.

  Shocked yelps and gasps raise from the crowd around us.

   Lucky and Jamie jump up simultaneously, ready to pounce on the intruder but Em grabs him by the lapels before them.

   He slowly and surprisingly calmly says, "So, you can drag yourself here, get on Lucky's nerves and call me "babe" in perfect English. But when it comes to real insults, you don't have the guts to say them so that everybody can understand you, huh?" 

   He shakes the Daniel guy, glaring daggers directly in his eyes.

   The crowd has gathered in a tight circle around us.

   "So, let me answer your question now," Em continues. "This is my boyfriend. And I didn't beat the crap out of you till now because I kind of pity you. It's hard to be a brat and totally unable to behave like a decent human being. The moment you try to mess with him, though, I'll clearly show you that I'm no babe."

   Daniel is obviously quite startled at this unexpected turn of events. He's gazing at Em silently. His two friends are standing at a small distance, carefully watching Lucky and Jamie. 

   The tension in the air can be cut with a knife.

   "I'm going to ask you one more time, Dany," Em hisses. "Do you want to repeat what you've just said in English for my boyfriend to understand you? Or you might prefer for us to be friends and put this shit behind our backs. Then you just have to apologize in whatever language you want and we'll forget about it." 

   He releases his lapels and raises a questioning brow. They intently stare at each other for a whole minute while the sweat is trickling down my neck. 

   Finally Daniel averts his gaze and shrugs his shoulders, "Ok, Em, you win." 

   He turns to me and slowly says in clear English, "I told your boyfriend that, obviously, two dicks aren't enough for him to suck, so now he got a third one, but he could choose at least a bigger one."

   The crowd gasps in surprise. 

   Everything in front of my eyes gets red and blurry. 

   Before I realize what I'm doing or anyone could react, I jump up from the bench, step forward and throw a right, straight punch directly in the jaw of the insolent peace of shit. 

   He staggers back and falls flat on his back in the middle of the circle of people.

   "Bad choice, dickhead," Lucky smirks at the guy on the ground, throwing an arm on my shoulder. "You should've apologized."  

___________________________________

Photo by  Waldir Évora from Pexels

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 42!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

You're amazing!

Do you like the fierce side of the sweet, shy Sunny? 😉

Who do you think Daniel is?

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize, if you feel it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you enjoyed the story.

It's the greatest award for the author.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny