48. Only in Gloves

I giggle while grabbing the phone from the night stand. It really is Em.

   I wonder if he, like Emma, is aware that I love him. Maybe, everyone knew it but me. I actually knew it too, but was fighting the feeling out of fear.

   "Hey, gorgeous! Please, don't tell me that I woke you up," his deep, melodic voice immediately awakens all the butterflies in my stomach. "I should've waited a little longer but I've been missing you so-o-o much."

   His words make me grin from ear to ear.

   "You did, Dārin, but it's ok. I had to get up anyway. It's late. I'll make some dinner for me and Emma," I answer. "I miss you too. A lot! How's the rehearsal going?"

   "Oh, it's tiresome," he huffs. "I can't concentrate. Can't stop thinking about your mouth on my dick."

   "Em!" I shriek, feeling the deep red color splashing on all the places a person can blush.

   "What? I'm honest," he chuckles. "I may write a song about it. What do you think, kitty? I'm quite determined."

   "I think you're kinky," I mutter, adding under my breath, "and I love it."

   "I knew it!" he yells victoriously through laughter. "Then you'll have your song, naughty kitten. Is Emma staying the night?"

   "Yes, she does." I'm a little concerned if this annoys him. "Do you mind?"

   "Of course not, sweetie. She's your best friend and I really like her. Actually, I feel relieved that she'll be there. I don't want you being up all night alone."

   "You shouldn't worry about it, Em. I've been like this for a very long time. I'm used to it. It doesn't bother me. In fact, I make good use of all these quiet hours. I can draw, read and watch movies or soak in the bathtub as long as I like. It's fun most of the time," I assure him.

   "I'm glad to hear it, but still prefer to know that you're not alone. Anyway, I have to go now," he sighs. "The boys are waiting for me. I'll try to have lunch with you the day after tomorrow, ok?"

   "Yes, sure. It'll be great."

   "You know that you can call me any time if you need something or just want to hear my voice, right?" he gently says. "I'm yours, Sunny. Don't forget it. When I say any time, I really mean it."

   "Thank you, Em! I... I'm yours too." I whisper.

   "Good night, love!"

   "Good night, Dārin!"

   Should I have told him that I loved him? I didn't have enough courage. I decide that I'll do it on our date on Sunday.

   "Dinner," Emma states and pulls me out of bed.

   The rest of the week is running normally and suddenly it's Saturday, October 3rd, Lucky's birthday and the day of the long-expected meeting with the producer.

   It was a busy one for all of us. The boys were rehearsing 24 hours a day and we all managed to have lunch together only two times - on Wednesday, as Em promised, and on Friday. Both times it was a quick bite in fast food restaurants, close to the University since none of us had time for more.

   The official schedule for the lectures was finally announced. Practice also started on the first day of October.

   Now we have three lectures in the morning, one more in the afternoon and three classes of practice twice a week.

   Emma stayed in my apartment almost the whole week but on Friday went home. She had promised to attend a family dinner with her grandparents. I was invited too, but declined the offer since I really felt tired.

   When Em heard that I was alone, he appeared unexpectedly at my door at 11 p.m.

   I was so happy to see him but scolded him since he looked terribly exhausted. We had a quick dinner and he wanted to take a bath before we went to bed.

   When he didn't appear for a full hour, I peeked through the bathroom door just to see him sleeping in the tub. He was so handsome that I couldn't help but peck his lips. He just smiled and buried his fingers in my hair, pulling me closer for some more sleepy kisses.

   "I'm so sorry, kitty. I wanted to spend more time with you... awake," he only managed to mumble before falling asleep again when we cuddled under the blanket.

   I was completely happy just to have him in my arms and feel his warm body, pressed to mine through the night. I've fallen asleep early in the morning and he was already gone when I woke up in the late afternoon.

   Now I'm lying in the bed with my eyes closed, soaked in Em's scent on the pillows.

   The sun is still shining bright outside and I hear the cries of the seagulls, coming through the half-open window. I feel relaxed, having finally received the required dose of sleep.

   I hear my phone ringing and frown. Why people always call me when I sleep? Oh, it's because I always sleep when the others are awake. I grin.

   I have no desire to leave the cozy bed. The only reason I finally roll out is the vague hope that it might be Em, although I doubt it since the meeting with the producer either will start any minute, or has already begun.

   I drag my feet to the kitchen and find the wretched thing on the table. It's Emma. I pick up and she immediately starts to yell excitedly without any greeting or preface.

   "Sunny, can you believe this! Lucky called me ten minutes ago. He said that the meeting would start any moment but he had just seen my message with the congratulations for his birthday. He thanked me and asked me if I had prepared a present."

   She takes a quick breath and goes on, "As a matter of fact I did. I saw these gorgeous biker gloves the other day in the mall and couldn't resist, black and brown, soft leather, perfect for him. They costed a fortune, but it didn't matter because I could immediately picture him wearing them on that cool, red motorbike and my heart dropped directly in my stomach."

   I open my mouth to say something but she starts to giggle and screeches, "To be honest, I imagined him wearing o-o-only the gloves, if you see what I mean, and was ready to pay double only for the vague perspective of this happening in reality someday."

   My eyes go wide. I thought we decided to be reasonable about this.

   Since when she started imagining him only in gloves?

___________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 48!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

You're amazing!

Why do you think Emma is so excited? What could've Lucky told her on the phone? 😁

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize, if you feel it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you enjoyed the story.

It's the greatest award for the author.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny