90. Now You Own My Heart

We are sitting on the silver, metal benches in the lounge area of the airport, waiting for the gate to open. The custom's check went smooth and quick, so we have a whole hour before the boarding starts.

   Emma and Lucky are watching a movie on his laptop, sharing the headset, snuggled on a two seater. I smile, looking at the bright face of my best friend. She's giggling all the time and, I'm sure, it has nothing to do with the plot of whatever they're staring at. They're holding hands and can't last five minutes without kissing. I know Emma loves him, truly and unconditionally. Lucky hasn't told her the words yet, but has been following her like a puppy since their first date, so it's just a matter of time. Love, however, did not bring any improvements to their sassy attitude to life. We're all happy about it, though, because they are perfect just the way they are.

   Jamie is leaning on the gate counter, chatting with an elegant, female flight attendant who's fussing behind the desk, but never misses to laugh flirtatiously at his remarks. I'm sure he's already gotten her number and managed to arrange a date in Bologna, a natural Don Juan.

   "Hey, are you alright?" Em squeezes my hand. "You look immersed in thought."

   "Never been better," I beam, "just a little bit tired by all the excitement. I can't believe that in less than three hours we'll be in Italy, together, and I'll meet your nonna."

   "But there's something else. I can see it," he shakes his head.

   He's right, as usual. I'll never be able to hide anything from him. He's reading me as an open book. Two weeks passed since the night when I slept, without having nightmares, for the first time in three years. I couldn't find courage to try again, but Em never urged me to do it. I know I will, when I'm ready. This doesn't bother me. What doesn't give me peace is that the boys went to the capital, in the meantime, and signed with the record label. They're now an official band. They'll start recording in august, ten months from now and I fear this moment. I'm thrilled about their first single and wish them the biggest success from the bottom of my heart. But a persistent thought doesn't give me peace that this will draw us apart . I trust Em. I don't doubt his love. Fame can be dangerous, though. I know it from experience. It rules your life and sometimes ruins it.

   "Nothing will change in ten months, Sunny," Em says, having sensed my deepest thoughts, as always.

   "Seriously, are you reading my mind?" I chuckle. "Honestly, it's scary!"

   "Sorry!" Em smirks. "I can't help it. I just know what you think only by looking at your expression. I promise you, I'll never change. I'll be yours and we're as solid as steel."

   "I know," I smile. "I'm just stupid."

   "No, you're not. You've been through a lot. You're coming from where I'm heading to, but there's a big difference." He cups my cheeks and brings his face close to mine, gazing intently into my eyes. "I have you. Nothing can shake me. Nothing can keep me away from you."

   "Stop, you'll make me blush," I mutter. 

   "I love it when you blush," Em mumbles in my ear. "Have you fucked in a plane? It's crazy, especially if there's turbulence."

   "Em!" I squeak, hot and bothered.

   "No stunts on board this time," Jamie grumbles, standing in front of us. "If you don't behave, I'll tell Julia everything this time."

   "Traitor!" Em pouts, pulling away. "You're such a killjoy."

   "And you'll never learn," Jamie rolls his eyes. "Weren't you planning to do something before we got on the plane?"

   He winks and leaves us, heading to the opposite row of seats.

   "What thing?" I ask suspiciously, seeing Em's wide grin.

  "This," he states, pushing in my hand a sheet of paper. I look at him puzzled, but he only nods towards it. "Read the underlined part."

   I start studying the document. It's an extract of a contract. A paragraph is colored in yellow.

"GRANT OF LICENSE. 

I. The Property To Be Licensed is described as full copyrights on the original song "Touching The Sun", including the melody and lyrics, as listed in Annex 1, and all versions of The property, which are, or will be created and/or published, in accordance with this Agreement.

II. The Owner grans to Mr. Kondo Shingyōji, here referred as The User, the full, exclusive rights to use and/or sell and/or perform/authorize any form of activities, concerning the Property. The User will own all rights to materials, products or other works (the Work), created by The User or other parties, authorized by him in connection with this license. 

This grant of license applies to all geographical areas.

The User shall be the sole owner of the Work and all proprietary rights in and to the Work or any other rights to the Property with no exceptions.

III. PAYMENT. The Owner grants the rights against royalty, which shall be paid in one installment at the amount of one EUR.

Full Exclusive Rights are granted to The User, without time limit, at the date on which The royalty is paid in full amount."

   I've never been good with legal terms, but I know enough to understand what this means. Goosebumps crawl all over my skin. I raise my eyes to look at Em and the tears start falling, without me even noticing before they start to wet the paper in my shaking hands. 

   He holds out an open palm to me, smiling, "You owe me an euro."

   I can't think, can't move, only gazing at it. 

   "Come on," he urges me.

   I rummage in my pocket, as if in trance, and put a shining coin in his palm.

   "Now you own my heart," Em whispers, before pressing his lips to mine.

                                                          THE END

___________________________________

A/N

My dear readers, I'm sad but also happy because this is the end of my first book.

I decided to share it with this amazing community on the New Years Eve 2021.

Now, three months and 90 chapters later, I'd like to say from all of my heart to all of you for 90th time:

Thanks you! 💗💗💗

You're amazing! 💗💗💗

I'm happy that I was able to share this with you and get in touch with all you, amazing people! 

Here's my short announcement for all who will be missing Sunny, Em, Lucky, Emma and Jamie.

💖There'll be a sequel. The title for now is "My Italian Adventure". You probably guessed that it will take place in Italy, starting right after they get off this plane. It will be full of surprises and unexpected encounters, even with someone that I'm sure you all highly dislike. It is even more steamy and funny, or at least I hope so. The launch is planned a month from now because I want to focus more on the other two stories, I'm currently updating. So, if you like my writing, have fun with them, while waiting. 💖

Again I encourage you to share your thoughts, ask questions and criticize, if you feel like.

I'll never miss to answer each one of you.

See you in Italy. 💖

Don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

I can't believe that I'll check the button 'COMPLETE' now! Yay! 😁

Love: Anny