71. What A Girl Needs

Good luck to 'Red String Of Fate'. It's BEAUTIFUL and INTRIGUING

   ***

   My smile is so big that my jar hurts. I'm squeezing Em's hand, gazing at his bright, happy face and can't stop bouncing in the tub, splashing water everywhere.

   He laughs and pinches my cheeks with a big grin.

   Suddenly, I remember the phone call and frown a little, "Why does Emma know about this?"

   "Well, I shared my idea with Jamie and Lucky," Em huffs. "They were like puppies, as usual, all over me with excitement. Lucky was searching for a way to impress her. He came up with this idea that we can all go together."

   "I wanted to go only the two of us, kitty," Em groans. "But he begged and whined till I couldn't say no. This way he would ask Emma to go with him as the third whish for his birthday."

   He makes puppy eyes at me, "I'm sorry! I'll make sure that they won't mess around."

   "No!" I interrupt him. "It's even better this way. It'll be so much fun!"

    I grin from ear to ear, "Now I understand why Emma was so stunned when Lucky whispered his wish in her ear. Oh, Em, you can't imagine how grateful I am that you've agreed. I'm sure she's on cloud nine." 

   I grab his hands over the makeshift table and look at him with the deepest affection, "But no one can be happier than me. I love you. I want so much to meet your Nonna. Can we cook together? Am I going to see the rabbits, running around? I'll take one million pictures."

   Em bursts into laughter. "I'll show you everything, my lovely. We'll cook, and eat, and sightsee," he looks into my eyes and whispers, "and make love."

   I only press my lips to his and breathe out, "I can't wait!"

   We're finally dressed and ready to leave for the University. 

   Em is absolutely stunning, as usual, in black leather and a blood red sweater. His blue eyes sparkle, underlined by the gray, smoky makeup. 

   I can't take my eyes off of him. This smug, mysterious prince is my boyfriend. Someone pinch me, please!

   He takes my hand, intertwining our fingers and grins, "Jeep or motorbike?"

   "I love riding your bike," I squeak, bouncing on my feet.

   "As you wish, adventurous kitten," Em snorts through laughter. "I'm sure you'll soon start loving to ride other things of mine more."

   I shriek, wide-eyed and look at him reproachfully, only making him laugh louder.

   We fly through the empty streets of the suburbs and, in few minutes, dive into the thick stream of cars in the central area. 

   I'm disappointed that we are getting close to our final destination faster than I'd like. I'll ask Em to go for a ride in the weekend, and won't let him stop till our fuel is over. 

   I love the feeling of freedom that floods my mind every time we dash through the town, making me believe that all is possible and life is a miracle. This is my proof that I'm still here, that I didn't die and am still living in full speed, that I'm happy again. 

   Our friends are waiting for us at the gate of the University courtyard. I wave to them while removing my helmet.

   Emma throws herself on my neck, screaming excitedly, "Sunny, can you believe it! We're going to Italy. Isn't this the best thing ever!"

   She pulls away from me and hugs Em enthusiastically, kissing his cheek. "Thank you, so much Em! You're the best!"

   Em only shrugs his shoulders dismissively and smirks, "My pleasure!"

   Lucky snorts, "Why did you kiss him? What about me? So, I get nothing for actually asking you to come with me?"

   He pouts expressively, pretending to wipe a tear from his eye.

   Emma beams at him and leans to hug him and kiss him on the cheek, but he moves his head at the last second and places a wet kiss on her lips.

   She freezes, blinking at him with a face as pink as a spring rose for few seconds and frowns, "This was not fair! You should ask before kissing people on the lips."

   Lucky is a little bit startled. He mutters remorsefully, "I'm sorry, princess! I shouldn't have..."

   "Oh, shut up!" Emma blurts, gluing her lips to his.

   Jamie whistles and start clapping. Em and I look at each other and join the applause with big grins on our faces.

   "Ahh, what a girl needs to be happy," Emma sighs with shining eyes when they finally pull apart, "just a tattooed, bad boy and a trip to Italy."

   "Always at your service, my lady," Lucky smirks, wrapping his arm round her waist.

   We all head to the main entrance, chatting and making plans about the trip.

___________________________________

Photo by Shiny Diamond from Pexels

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 71!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

You're amazing!

Did you like the third wish? 🥰

😶 Warning, approach carefully the next chapter. There'll be some graphic violence. You can skip it and still be in line with the plot. I'm sorry! You're not gonna like it, but it has to happen. 😶 

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize, if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you enjoyed the story.

It's the greatest award for the author.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny