20. I'm a Very Bad Boy

It's already seven p.m. The sun is setting. The lights of the promenade glitter in the warm twilight. 

   We take a shower in the beach lockers, dry up and put on new clothes. 

   I'm a little cold from the long stay in the water, so I slip in a pair of white jogger pants and a long-sleeved dark blue hoodie with a white and a black kitten, printed on the front. This is one of my favorite outfits because of the soft and pleasant fabric. And I love kittens.

   I find all the sea shells I've gathered on a neat pile on my towel and can't hide my smile. Em is so nice. He kept them for me, despite the stunt that I pulled. I'm ashamed of my behavior and determined not to repeat it. I feel that he genuinely likes me and I can trust him. It's so good that I'm grinning like a fool all the time. 

   What did I do to deserve meeting this stunning, kind boy and attract his attention?

   "You look smitten," Emma beams at me, "all blushing and smiling from ear to ear." She ruffles my hair affectionately, "I love to see you like this, sweetie."

   I really can't deny it. I'm head over heels for Em. He just crawled under my skin. I can't stop thinking what would've happened if Jamie and Lucky hadn't come to tease us in the water. He would've kissed me. I'm sure. I wanted it so much.

   My thoughts are interrupted by a gentle hand, snaking round my waist. I feel a warm body leaning on my back. Em rests his chin on my shoulder and inhales in the crook of my neck.

   "Are you warm now, my sweet? You smell so good of chocolate and milk," he mumbles, rubbing his cheek on my shoulder. "Mmm, your hoodie's so soft that I feel like tucking in and cuddling with you there." 

   He nuzzles the hair behind my ear. Goosebumps spread all over my body which acts on its own, pressing back into him.

   "Thank you for keeping my shells for me," I whisper.

   "Anything for you, my lovely." He strokes my cheek with his fingertips. I'm dazed by how gentle the touch is.

   I need to know, "Why are you so nice to me, Em?"

   "Because you're such a cute, shy little kitten," he purrs the answer in my ear. "I feel protective of you. And I really like you."

   I'm so flustered that I sigh and close my eyes. I want to tell him that I like him too but I can't. I'm not ready to open up so much.

   "You're so good," I mutter instead.

   "Oh, no, my sweet. I'm a very bad boy," he chuckles and squeezes me a little tighter in his arms. "You would've never said that, if you only knew the things I want to do to you."

   I gasp in surprise at his words and immediately feel hot and breathless. My whole body trembles with a sudden shiver and my face turns scarlet in an instance. I'm speechless and, to my utter dismay, slightly aroused.

   He knows it and chuckles more.

   "Don't worry, frightened bunny. Nothing will happen to you before you really want it." His well pleased smirk brightens the shades of red on my face. I wish I could control this awful blush.

   Without giving me time to respond, he grabs my hand, pooling me towards the busy promenade. "Come with me now. I intend to spoil you rotten."

   I have no choice but to follow him.

   I'm having the greatest time of my life. Our entire group is walking from stall to stall. We're sipping delicious colorful crushed ice smoothies, talking, joking and laughing.

   I'm in kind of a shopping frenzy, falling in love with every crafted animal, fridge magnet or wind chime on display. The others aren't so impressed by the goods but it's normal since they've seen all of this many times. For me, however, it's all so exiting that I want to grab every souvenir I see.

   Although I give my best to talk him out of it, Em finds great pleasure in buying everything I lay my eyes on. I'm trying to carry my shopping bags at least. They're more than ten at this point. But he just tosses them to Jamie and drags me on by the hand with a bright smile on his face.

   Lucky and Jamie are following in our footsteps with Emma walking between them and by no means lucking attention.

   She's an adorable sight, surrounded by the two handsome boys who are both a foot taller than her. Lucky's telling her something with shining eyes, making her giggle while curling the tip of her long ponytail round his finger. 

   He's carrying an enormous cardboard cone box, printed in butterflies and full of all kind of candies. He's constantly pushing some in Jamie's or Emma's mouths and laughing at the funny faces they make if the taste is not to their liking.

   We dive into the thick stream of people and, for the first time in years, I have real fun, without a gloomy thought in my head.

___________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone who reached the end of Chapter 20.

I can't thank you enough for your support! ❤❤❤  

It never crossed my mind that the story I've written would have over 1K reads in a month.

You're amazing!

I'd really like to know who's your favorite character or scene so far.

Share your thoughts, ask questions and criticize if you think it's necessary.

See you in the next chapter.

Don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

Love: Anny