52. The Master of The Castle

I'm blinking at Em. My heart is racing while I am contemplating if I should be frightened, entertained or just smitten. I am actually all three at the same time, totally swept off my feet.

   He is wearing a stylish, slim fit, burgundy suit in three pieces over a linen, white shirt, complemented by an elegant navy-blue tie. There is no doubt that It is Italian and most probably from some well-known designer's collection. It fits him so well that it seems to be sewn especially for him. The gold buttons and two massive gold rings, on the index and the little finger of the left hand, make him look extremely classy. 

   A knee long black leather trench coat with a lavish fur collar gives him that retro look of a 19th century nobleman. 

   A long, wine red, velvet scarf is wrapped round his neck, going down, almost to his waist. 

   His smooth, shining, raven hair is swept to the left, tousled into curls and waves in a dramatic, voluminous hairstyle.

   What amazes me even more is Em's face. 

   His top and bottom lash lines are defined and extended with a thick black eye liner and maroon smoky shadows. His eyes look beautiful and mysterious against his milky white skin, resembling those of a big cat. 

   And his irises are... red.

   Standing between the stone walls of the cellar, in front of the burning fireplace, he looks like the incredibly handsome but deadly dangerous master of the castle. 

   Now I fully understand why people call him The Dark Prince.

   My heart's pounding faster and faster. 

   I'm staring at him and can't stop asking myself again and again why he is with me. Why does he claim to be in love with an ordinary, emotionally unstable, foreign boy? Is all this for real or I'm in some kind of a twisted dream where Prince Charming saves the troubled boy from his misery but then turns out to be a vampire and the boy is doomed?

   Then I remember my conversation with Emma. 

   Firm determination rises in me to fight the insecurity. I repeat to myself that, whatever the reason, he's mine. It's a fact. I'm not scared to admit that I love him. We're together. 

   Em comes closer, looking at me with a raised brow. 

   "I thought you missed me, kitty. Won't I at least get a hug?" he smirks. "I know I look like a vampire, but I'm not going to bite you... yet." 

   He opens his arms to me. 

   I hesitate just one more second, still unable to comprehend that this man is actually talking to me, and then I throw myself on his neck. 

   He smells of lavender and pine tree. His fluffy scarf caresses my face. 

   "Hello, sweet bunny. Were you afraid to hug me?" he whispers and captures my lips. 

   I sigh contentedly and melt in his arms.

   "These are only contact lenses. It's just me, love" he smiles, squeezing me closer. 

   We keep pressing into each other and kissing until someone deliberately coughs behind Em's back, making us unwillingly pull apart. 

   It's Jamie who sneers and winks to the new boys. "I told you guys. These two are like teenagers. Can't get their hands off each other."

   "Now I see what you mean," Mikey nods, adjusting his glasses.

   "Don't mind them, sweetie," Em smiles, intertwining our fingers. "The guys are just teasing us because they're jealous. They've been single for too long."

   "Can't say you're not right," Tony huffs. "So, this is the notorious Sunny who's going to make us world famous," he adds, grinning at me.

   "What do you mean?" I'm really puzzled by his words and look at Em questioningly.

   "Let's order some food and drinks and we'll explain everything," he smirks, exchanging quick glances with the other boys.

   "Aaah, I like riddles so much!" Emma exclaims excitedly. "Especially when you get to solve them over some great food and wine."

   "Well, I have two more things for you to cheer on, sweetie pie," Lucky coos at her. "First of all, you get to know two secrets instead of one because I've yet to tell you my third wish." 

   He starts laughing at her happy shriek. "And second, since it's my birthday, the dinner is on me." 

   He tosses a shameless look at Emma's plunging neckline and adds, "You're breath taking tonight, princess. My wish kind of starts to change from what it initially was." 

   Emma immediately gives him a reproachful look, just making him laugh harder.

   "I know, I know, honey. God save me from messing with your morals," Lucky snorts and quickly bends under the table to avoid the napkin, flying towards his face.

   "Don't be a bad boy and stop teasing our beautiful lady," Jamie scolds him, kissing Emma's hand with Victorian England manner.

   "And all this insolence after I got you this gorgeous present and put such great efforts to keep it a secret for a week," she sighs, fluttering her eyelashes at Lucky and pouting elegantly.

   "Aww, I'm so sorry!" he gives her the puppy eyes look. "Please, forgive me, my lady! I'll be a very good boy from now on. Can I see my present now?" 

   His eyes are shining with curiosity.

   "Not before I get something to drink, my dear," Emma smirks and starts reading the menu, not paying attention to Lucky's whining.

___________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 52!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

You're amazing!

What do you think of Em's impersonation? 😀😀😀

Did you like it?

Why do you think Sunny is going to make their band world famous? 🥰

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you enjoyed the story.

It's the greatest award for the author.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny