51. The Band

We are given menus in English which resemble more to a thick encyclopedia of international cuisine. I'm surprised to see that there's a large section for Japanese food among others. 

   Emma is grinning at me.

   "Isn't it just the perfect place? This restaurant is famous with its superb Italian and Japanese dishes." She makes an expressive face and starts to chuckle. "You get it? Japan meets Italy."

   I roll my eyes, trying hard not to blush before the boys have even arrived. 

   My phone dings, indicating that a text message is received. I take a look at the screen and my heart skips a beat when I see Em's name.

Em: "Hi, beautiful! Are you already at the winery?"

Me: "Yes, we just sat at the table. This place is amazing. Have you seen the menu!!!"

Em: "I'm glad you like it, sweetie. I'm sorry I had to go this morning before you woke up. You look like an angel when you sleep. I was just lying and gazing at your face for a full hour."

   How can he be so sweet?

Me: "Well, I was doing the same last night but much longer."

Em: "Bad kitty! You may not believe it, but you just made me blush." 

   I immediately erupt in an outburst of giggles. 

Me: "Are you coming soon? I miss you."

Em: "I'll be with you in few minutes, love."

   "Why are you all red and giggling?" Emma is looking at me with undisguised curiosity. "It was Em, wasn't it? What did he say?"

   "They're on their way," I stick out my tongue at her and add, "and I'm not telling you the rest."

   "If you're so stubborn, then I'm not telling you what I answered about Lucky's three wishes," she pouts.

   "Did you send him an answer?" I yell excitedly, but Emma immediately turns her back to me and snorts. 

   "Ok, fine," I sigh and hand her the phone, "but no comments, please!"

   "Aww, you both are soo cute!" she coos with shining eyes, having seen the messages.

   "Alright then!" Emma straightens up with a serious expression. "I told him that I'll grant his three wishes, but only if the third one is not against my morals."

   I nod approvingly. 

   "Don't you think it's kind of stupid, though?" Emma purses her lips. "It implies that I expect him to ask for sex while he may have no such intentions, and also makes me look like an old prig, which I'm definitely not."

   "No, it's a good answer," I assure her. "It should be clear to him that you won't do anything he wants. So, how did he react?"

   "He said that it's fair enough," she grins.

   The nice hostess appears at this moment, followed by Em, Jamie, Lucky and two more guys.

   I still don't know the name of their band but they can just call it 'Drop Dead Hot'. 

   The first of the new boys is much shorter than all the rest. His dark brown hair looks as if it hasn't seen a comb in at least a week. His round glasses with thick, black frames cover half of his face. The best word to describe him is simply 'cute'. He's fidgeting nervously in his place, casting shy, charming smiles towards me and Emma.

   The other man seems to be few years older than us. Colorful tattoos cover his entire arms. His impressive biceps and the total luck of hair on his head, which is compensated by carefully trimmed, thick, short-boxed black beard, give him a menacing look. He's quite scary, but his warm, brown eyes soften his features and radiate kindness.

   The first glance at Em, however, makes my eyes widen and I almost forget to breathe. 

   Oh, My God! When is this boy going to stop amazing me to the point of numbness?

   He pushes the two boys forward and says, "Guys, these are Sunny and Emma." Then waves towards them and adds, "and these are Mikey and Tony. " 

   We shake hands and mumble greetings before they sit, but my eyes are firmly fixed on my boyfriend, or better say, the spectacular vision that should be him. 

   I'm trying to stop gazing and close my gaping mouth but it's impossible. I'm stunned. Looking at Emma's face, I see that I'm not the only one. Lucky and Jamie are smirking, amused by our reaction. 

   Oh. My. God!!!

   I've seen Em with dark makeup and without it, wrapped in black leather and in a swimsuit, on his motorbike and even naked in my bed. 

   But nothing, absolutely nothing could've prepared me for the staggering sight that he is at this moment.

___________________________________ 

Photo by Ralph Rabago from Pexels

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 51!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

You're amazing!

Are you curious why is Sunny so startled by Em's look? 😉

Any guesses what might be the reason?

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you enjoyed the story.

It's the greatest award for the author.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny