46. The Best Friend Ever

The boys have just left, but not before I promised Em three times that I'd go to sleep immediately after they're gone

   He kept kissing me goodbye again and again, so Lucky had to drag him by the sleeve, although, I did my best to keep him a little longer, squeezing the other one. 

   Finally, Emma, after a conspiratorial look from Lucky, pulled me in and shut the door.

   We flop on my bed next to each other and I'm immediately bombarded with questions.

   „Oh, my God, Sunny! What's happening here? After a night with The Dark Prince, you are a completely different person," Emma starts excitedly.

   I know what will follow and prepare to meet my destiny.

   "It was absolutely sensational how you kissed him in front of everyone. I almost fainted. And then the punch that you threw. It was so cool! You looked like a real bad ass." She whistles approvingly.

   I roll my eyes. This is only the beginning and she hasn't brought out the main topic yet, but I see it coming by the glint in her eyes.

   "Didn't Em get enough of you last night?" she squeaks. 

   Oh, here we go!

 "You can't imagine how you both sounded in the bathroom. The skin on my entire body prickled." She takes a big gulp of air and the ecstatic rant goes on. "What did he do to you? Oh, my God! You moaned like... just wow! Are the rumors that he's a god in bed true? Of course, they are true! You both sounded ste-e-e-amy ho-o-o-t!"

   "Emma, can we just not comment on this," I make a miserable attempt to avoid it, brightly red to the tips of my ears.

   "Nooo! No way, honey!" Emma cuts me immediately. "You'll tell me everything and I'm not letting you get away this time." 

   She turns towards me and squashes my cheeks, bringing her excited face close to mine. 

   "Did you go all the way? Yes, you did! Did it hurt? You haven't been with anyone for years. Was it awkward?" Her eyes are sparkling with curiosity. 

   There's no way I'm answering that. 

   "We didn't do it," I quickly blurt.

    Emma stops abruptly in the middle of her next question, widening her eyes in disbelieve.

   "Yeah, sure, as if I'd buy this. Don't forget that we heard quite a bit. You did it alright." She narrows her eyes indignantly. "Since when did you start lying to me?"

   "I'm not lying," I pout.

   I don't want to discuss details but, at the same time, I need to share with my best friend these crazy feelings that are raging inside of me. I grab her hands and the words suddenly start pouring out.

   "Emma, he's amazing. I don't mean only the physical part. He's gentle and caring and always says and does the right thing." I pause to take a breath and she smiles at me.

   "I've never felt this way before," I sigh. Only talking about him makes my heart race. "I'm kind of ready to do anything he wants, but Em draws the line exactly where it's best for me. Sometimes, I wonder if he can read my mind even better than me."

   "Oh, sweetie, I'm so happy for you," Emma beams. "You so deserve to be with someone so special. Honestly, before getting to know Em, Jamie and Lucky, I thought they were such bigheads that it was downright annoying. Now I see how wrong I've been about them. They are really nice guys."

   Emma squeezes my hands and looks at me pleadingly. 

   "Ple-e-ease, Sunny, tell me something spicier. I've been desperate to learn more about The Dark Prince for years. I know it's nosy and won't ask you again." She gives me the 'puppy eyes' look. "A little, tiny detail. Just this once."

   I start laughing. She looks desperate. I know that curiosity's just eating her from inside out. It's so... Emma.

   "Ok," I sigh, "just because you're my best friend and without you this would've never happened." 

   I'm severely blushing but decide to oblige.

   "Em is drop dead hot with no clothes on," I mutter. "The way he speaks and touches can melt a stone. He's so confident that somehow makes you feel the same."

   "Wow!" Emma stares at me openmouthed.

   "It was absolutely mind blowing. But we didn't actually do it. It wasn't because I didn't want to. I was so flustered that I was ready to go all the way but, I think, Em was restraining himself as if he's waiting for something." I stop because of the sudden realization. 

   "He's waiting for me to trust him completely," I say more to myself then to Emma.

   "This is the most romantic thing I've ever heard," she exclaims.

   I hide my face in my palm and mumble, "And he's half Italian and speaks the language in the..." I clear my throat, "hottest... way possible".

   "Aaaaa," Emma screams shrilly and shakes me by the shoulders. "Sunny, you just made my day, no, my entire month. This is so cool! I can't... It's awesome!"

   She kisses my cheeks and beams at me with shining eyes. "I'm so happy! He's the best for you!"

   "Thank you, Emma!" I hug her tightly. "You know that it's all because you're the best friend ever. You just saved me, bringing me here ."

   "Oh, shut up!" she grumbles, rubbing her glossy eyes.

   I point my finger at her, "So-o-o, let's hear now how did you end on Lucky's bike this morning."

   "I wish I had something as nearly as cool as you to tell," Emma huffs "He drove me home after the dinner. We chatted a bit, mostly about Japanese food. Then he simply said that he'd come to pick me in the morning and was off. That was all. No kiss, no hug, nothing."

   "Well, he wouldn't do it if he didn't want to see you, right? I think he likes you. He actually said it when they called yesterday, remember?" I soothe her.

   Emma shakes her head. "He was just kidding. I'm far out of his league. I don't deny that he likes me as a friend but anything more is highly unlikely."

   "Don't be so sure. I definitely saw something at the beach," I insist.

   "I think it's better not to hope and be pleasantly surprised if something comes out than to go crazy about him and be disappointed," she says.

   "Yeah, you're right" I agree. 

   Emma only shrugs her shoulders and takes the book that she left on the bedside table earlier.

   "Go to sleep now or your boyfriend will let us have it," she giggles and pulls the blanket over us. 

   I sink in the pillow with a sigh of content and leave her read her book.

___________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 46!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

You're amazing!

Isn't Emma the nosiest but also the cutest girl? 💕💕💕

What do you think about the way she always manages to dig out information from Sunny? 😉🥰😘

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize, if you feel it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you enjoyed the story.

It's the greatest award for the author.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny