25. Dancer in The Dark

I enter the vast living room which is packed with people. 

   The floor is vibrating with the deafening beat of the deep house music. 

   Multicolored, pulsating laser beams are tearing the darkness, revealing hot dancing bodies, twisting and pressing to each other. People are screaming and waving blinking LED sticks in the air. Glow necklaces and bracelets are flickering while the crowd is swaying in the intoxicating rhythm. 

   The air is filled with exotic scents from the aroma candles, scattered on each coffee table or shelve. 

   People are making out or just lounging on the sofas and the colorful bean bag chairs, drinking alcohol or smoking. 

   The kitchen island is turned into a DJ station and a boy with neon glasses is toying with the mixer equipment, bouncing to the rhythm.

   I'm looking around but Em is nowhere to be seen. 

   Someone is pushing me further into the room. I see some familiar faces. A girl I know from lectures hands me a cup, telling me something while pointing at the liquid inside. I can't hear a word. She sways away and I carefully take a sip. It tastes like vodka martini, very cold because of the ice cubes jingling inside and quite refreshing. 

   I'm scanning the crowd while sipping and moving around.

   I decide I should take a seat and head to a sofa with an empty spot in the far opposite end of the room. 

   After taking only few steps, I freeze on the spot. My eyes go wide at the scene that is revealed before me.

   Em is ascended on a coffee table with bare feet and the most outrageous come-to-bed look I've ever seen in my life. 

   He's in ripped-knee, skinny black jeans and a sleeveless white tank top which is torn in so many rents that his chest is practically bare. 

   A leather, full body harness is bonding his torso. The black straps wind around his chest, shoulders, down his sides and across his abs, following his V-line. The silver buckles, fastening them to a belt low on his hips, shine in the flickering lights.

   His smooth, milky white skin is glistening through the holes in the front of his top. A black spider web tattoo covers the left side of his chest. 

   His wet hair falls on his face.

   I'm gazing at him and see the sin itself on that table.

   Jamie is dancing in front of him, shirtless, in white, baggy, linen pants, gripping the leather straps on Em's sides with both hands. His golden curls sprinkle drops of water every time he shakes his head. So far with the good boy! 

   Their bodies move in perfect sync, swaying against each other. Em's hands are on the back of his head. His eyes are closed. He's biting his lower lip with a salacious smirk.

   There's a crowd of dancing people around them. The girls rapturously scream at every move they make. A slick, enthusiastic boy brings a bottle of champagne, vigorously shaking it. The fizzing liquid erupts over the ecstatic group. Jamie bends and starts licking the alcohol which is flowing down Em's abs.

   I'm watching with gaping mouth. 

   The sharp sexual arousal is fighting the deep, painful, sinking sensation in my stomach. 

   I finally see it all crystal clear. I understand what a profound fool I am. I want him so much that it hurts, but I can never have him. 

   I won't be enough. He needs more. He already has too much, so much more than I can offer.

   My hands start shaking like crazy. I drop my cup on the floor, shattered to the core at the realization. 

   I turn around and run without direction. At the last second, before averting my gaze, I see Em's wide open eyes, looking directly at mine. His face is shocked. He reaches out to me but it only makes me run faster. 

   I bump into Emma and Lucky who are standing behind me. It doesn't stop me.

   "Sunny, wait!" I hear Lucky's voice. "They're just dancing and playing around. It's nothing."

   I don't care. I don't want to know what it is. It doesn't matter. 

   I know now that I have to give up.

  I see a staircase and run up to the second floor, ending in a vast hallway with many doors on the left. I dash through the first one. It seems to be the master bedroom. There are large French windows on the opposite side and I run out on a large terrace.

   I stop for a while to catch my breath. It's dark. Only the moon is casting dim rays of light on the flower pots and the big garden sofa swing. 

   The air is warm. The scent of the sea fills my nostrils. It's roaring in the dark horizon, almost drowning the subtle music, coming from inside. It's a beautiful starry night. The sky is so clear that I can see the outlines of the Milky Way. 

   It doesn't move me. My heart is aching. The pain is excruciating.

   I'm leaning on the wooden railing, trying to calm my heartbeat. 

   What was I thinking, coming here? I should've known that it's impossible. I can't have what I'm craving for. It's going to destroy me. 

   He's a player. I still see him, swaying on that table, the champagne flowing down his chest. Why would he want me?

   I squeeze my eyes. I'm not going to cry. 

   Uncontrollable sobs shake my shoulders. 

   No! No crying. I'll go home and never lay my eyes on him again.

   I turn abruptly with determination and rush to the door just to bump into someone's chest. I lose my balance and instinctively grip the front of the person's shirt to prevent falling. Two hands grab my waist to keep me steady.

   All my senses are overwhelmed by the scent of pine and lavender.

_____________________________

A/N

Hello everyone who made it to the end of Chapter 25.

Thanks for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

You're amazing!

If you wonder about the title, it's the song Em was dancing to. Check Marc Philippe - Dancer in The Dark.

Who do you think Sunny bumped into?

Are you angry with Em for the lewd performance?

Share your thoughts, ask questions and criticize if you feel like.

This is the place for a ❤❤❤Warning❤❤❤

The 'mild' part of the story was till here.

From now on the rating goes to 'mature'.

Please, if you're not comfortable with explicit content, skip those chapters.

All of them will be marked as xxx.

This will not prevent you from following the plot.

See you in the next chapter.

Don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

Love: Anny