19. Say It Again

"You really are a great swimmer," Em says with admiration, no anger in his voice.

   My face heats up. I didn't do it to impress him. In fact, I am terribly ashamed of my reasons. 

   His eyes glow in captivating shades of blue, reflecting the sun and the lazy sway of the waves. I can watch them forever.

   He chuckles softly, "But, hey, please, don't try to cross the gulf next time. Just swim closer to the shore. The life guard almost had a heart attack. Emma had to swear that you're the junior swimming champion of Japan from four years ago."

   Oh, God! Emma and her big mouth. My cheeks are literally burning. I feel the urge to dip my head back into the water. It will surely blow off steam.

   "What? That's very impressive," Em grins, pleased with my reaction.

   He points to the beach. A man, sitting on a high life guard stand, is waving at us and giving the thumbs up. 

   I smile a little but then look down, remembering my childish escape.

   "I'm so sorry, Em!" I whisper. "It was so rude to run away. Thank you for not being mad at me. Next time, when I'm uncomfortable with a question, I'll just let you know. I promise. Ok?"

   He doesn't answer and I raise my eyes, worried that he doesn't accept my apology.

   Em's looking at me intently with a blissful expression on his face.

   "You said my name," he says hoarsely.

   "What?" I don't understand.

  "You just said my name for the first time, my sweet," he repeats softly. "Please, do it again."

   His eyes are getting darker.

   I feel my burning cheeks get even hotter and lick my lips nervously. The water is cold but my body is melting. I'm staring at the wet tank top, outlining his defined pecks, unable to look at his face. The sound of his gentle voice and the words 'my sweet', rolling on his tongue, keep repeating in my head and making me dizzy. No one has called me this way.

   I open my mouth to say his name again but all I can blurt is "Why are you still wearing your top in the water?"

   Really! That was all I could come up with?

   "Do you want me naked?" he smirks, biting his bottom lip and I almost choke on air.

   "Yes... NO!" I squeak.

   Oh, Dear! I do want him naked. What's happening to me? I can't move my eyes off of his lips. My brain refuses to work. It's a mess in my head. I take a deep breath, trying to come to my senses. 

   My mouth moves on its own and whispers "Em". I firmly avoid his eyes.

   "Again! Say it again," he breathes out. "Look at me." 

   It's impossible to disobey him. It's like a spell. I can do nothing else but what he demands.

   "Em," I repeat shakily, glancing up.

   He breathes in sharply and slightly leans towards me. Our chests are a hair's breadth away.

   "Can I touch you?" Em purrs in my ear.

   "W-what do you m-mean?" I stutter, unable to control my breath.

   "Your skin is beautiful. I want to touch it."

   My head is spinning. I hear myself saying "Yes" and gulp heavily. 

   His open palm is on my stomach. It slides up my side and to my back. His fingers follow the line of my spine till he wraps them round my nape. It's burning everywhere he touches. He's pulling me closer and I slide my hands up his chest.

   All I can think is 'Please, kiss me!' but I don't dare saying it. 

   His lips are almost on mine. I'm craving for him to close the distance. My eyelids fall. The anticipation makes me shiver.

   A solid amount of water hits my face with a big splash at this moment and fills my nose and my mouth. It's salty and bitter. I choke heavily.

   I'm coughing hard, trying to wipe my face. When I finally open my eyes, I see Em's beautiful features, distorted with anger. He is glaring murderously at Lucky and Jamie who are laughing their heads off and keep splashing us from a distance.

   "You need cooling, little love birds," Jamie yells, sticking out his tongue at us.

   "Now I'll deal with you stinkers," Em growls through his clenched teeth. "You asked for it."

   He rushes to chase after them in the water.

   I watch him wide-eyed and can't help but burst into laughter.

___________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone who reached the end of Chapter 19.

Things start to heat up, aren't they?

It's a slow burn but our patience will worth it, I promise.

Did you like the chemistry between Em and Sunny?

Share your thoughts, ask questions and criticize.

I'd love to see what are your impressions. ❤

See you in the next chapter.

Don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

Love: Anny