86. Hello Kitty (Em)

The phone keeps ringing, but no one answers. It's eight a.m., still too early. She's probably sleeping.

   I'm about to give up when I hear an annoyed growl on the other side.

   "Will you stop that, idiot! What's wrong with you? Why are you awake?"

   I'm so startled that remain silent for few seconds.

   "Did you call just to breathe heavily in my ear? It's one of my kinks, but not so early in the morning, and definitely not after I've just woken up at the howling of Lady Gaga," the voice snorts in exasperation. "Don't expect payment either, unless you add a few moans. Call later and I'll let you pant as long as you like."

   "Wait!" I squeak, just before Lucky hangs up.

   "What? Are you going to moan?" he sneers.

   "Dick! Why are you answering Emma's phone?" I ask my best friend politely.

   "Duh, why do you think? Cause she's sleeping, dumbass," Lucky huffs.

   "Don't tell me you two did it. She was drunk, dude!"

   "Did what?" His voice is all innocence. "I'm telling you nothing. I'm a gentleman."

   "No, you're not!" I hear Emma giggling. "Who's that? Is it Sunny?"

   "Nah, it's The Dark Dickhead, getting on my nerves."

   "Give me the phone!" she shrieks.

   I hear a slap, followed by a whine, and can't help but grin wickedly. If there's anyone who can cure Lucky's sauciness, it's this cute, cheeky girl.

   "Hey, Em! Is everything alright?" Emma chirps. "Is Sunny sleeping?"

   "Yeah, all is good," I retort, but my voice cracks. "Listen Emma, I..."

   I suddenly feel so bad that I can't go on.

   I realize that I didn't actually call for information, but because I needed support by someone who knows what I've witnessed and will give me some comfort.

   I'm disturbed, frightened, and definitely feel guilty.

   "Oh, my God! Em..." she whispers. "He fell asleep, didn't he?"

   "Yes," I barely utter. My eyes are getting wet.

   "Is he ok? Oh, Dear! Are you ok?" Her voice is full of worry.

   "Yes, we're fine. I ... Emma, I can't bear being in the dark about this any longer," I gasp. "It's killing me. He needs help."

   "I know, Em. You did miracles in getting him out of the depths of his despair," Emma says warmly. "Honestly, before meeting you, I don't think he believed that he was still alive. It sounds awful, but I felt that he only existed and didn't actually live."

   I nod while a single tear slides down my cheek. I quickly wipe it away.

   "You saved him. He's ready to put all of this behind him once and for all. He just needs you to push him a little, like you always do," she adds, making me smile, despite the distress.

   "Thank you!" I say gratefully. "You're a true friend, not only to Sunny, but also to me."

   "I know you'll pull it off together. I don't doubt you two," she assures me one more time and I feel so much better.

   A deliberate cough startles me and I raise my eyes towards the sound. My mouth falls agape and I drop the phone.

   Sunny is standing in the middle of the stairs, stark naked, with a pair of boxers in his hand, and grinning from ear to ear.

   "What are you doing here?" he pouts. "I miss you and I'm hungry."

   All my troubles from this morning are completely erased from my mind in an instant.

   "Hey, cutie," I smirk, standing up. "Do you know that you've just made a major mistake by not putting those boxers on, before appearing in front of my eyes?

   "Have I?" he raises a brow. "I don't think so, because you can't catch me."

   "Wrong," I growl and dash towards him.

   He screams and sticks out his tongue at me, darting up the stairs, laughing his head off. I take hold of him near the bed. We fall, bouncing on the mattress, with him on top of me, both giggling like crazy.

   I cup his cheek and press my lips to his pink mouth. Oh, God! How can he be so sweet?

   "Hello, kitty!" I smile, gripping his butt with both hands.

   "Oh, Gosh!" Sunny snorts through laughter.

   "What?" I ask, puzzled.

   He raises his hand, waving the boxers in from of my face.

   There's a big print of the cute, white kitten from the popular Japanese cartoon on them and a big inscription, 'Hello Kitty'.

   We crack up again and shake with laughter until we're out of breath.

   I flip Sunny on his back with quite indecent intentions, but his stomach growls loudly, making me change my mind.

   "Come on, let's have breakfast," I sit up, pulling him on my lap.

   "I don't want breakfast," he pouts, trying to push me back down.

   "You may not want it, but you need it," I grin, "and put those boxers on. I already feel the first symptoms of the heart attack."

   "No!" he says defiantly, deliberately fidgeting on my lap.

   "Breakfast first," I firmly state and jump up, gently smacking his butt.

   "Can I have pancakes with cheese and strawberries?" Sunny squeaks.

   "You can have anything you want, kitty!" I smile.

___________________________________

Photo by Henk Mohabier from Pexels

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 86.

Thanks for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

You're amazing!

Did you expect Emma and Lucky to be together?

Do you think Emma is right and Sunny is ready to talk? 🤔

How in your opinion the conversation will go?

Share your thoughts, ask questions and criticize, if you feel like.

See you in the next chapter.

Don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

Love: Anny