76. I'm Touching The Sun

We're settled at the table. 

   A stunning, tall woman approaches immediately. 

   She's almost naked. Her red, high waisted, faux leather shorts reveal half of her butt. A black, satin bustier barely covers her nipples. Her silver blond hair is raised in a high bun. She's walking confidently on platform, high heel sandals that are 6 inches, at least. A badge holder, hanging on her neck, reveals a small, glowing card with the name 'Silver Star' on it.

   "Good evening! I'm your Star for tonight. You can ask me anything and I'll take care of it," she beams. 

   Then, to my utter shock, she throws herself on our companion's neck first, giving him a steamy kiss on the lips and on mine next, smacking enthusiastically my cheeks. Emma is not spared either. She accepts the affectionate display, blinking in surprise towards the girl.

   We order some cocktails and Silver eagerly heads to the long bar which occupies the whole right side of the hall. 

   There are many girls, scurrying between the tables, with similar outfits, differing only in the color of the shorts. I peek at the IDs of some of them, who pass close to our table. They say 'Pink Star', 'Purple Star' or similar names, matching the color of their outfits or hair.

   Suddenly, the music stops. 

   After a second of complete silence, the crowd erupts in loud shouts and applause. Silver, who's just placed four impressive, tall, martini glasses, full of sparkling, purple liquid on the table, puts her fingers in her mouth and produces a sharp whistle which can make any football fan envious.

   Lucky appears on the stage, shirtless, grinning from ear to ear, with his hands up in the air. The crowd is chanting his name. 

   He approaches the tall stand, vintage microphone and screams to the top of his lungs, "Did you miss us, naughty monsters?"

   The noise is doubled. Emma grabs her glass and pours half of the content down her throat. Her eyes go wide and she starts coughing desperately. Silver compassionately pats her on the back.

   We don't have time to brace ourselves. Jamie jumps up on the stage, barefooted, wearing loose white pants with no shirt, but with a pair of broad, white, fluffy wings on his back.

   The crowd goes crazy. Half of the people jump to their feet, screaming his name.

   Tony and Mickey appear behind him and the clamor gets louder by the second.

   Suddenly, all the lights go out, except a spotlight projector, pointing to an empty spot in the middle of the stage.

   "Who do you want to see?" Jamie yells.

    There's not a single person, sitting this time. I realize that we're on our feet too. The hall is in an uproar. The shouts are deafening. The crowd is wild. 

   Tall, muscular men occupy strategic places between the tables. All the Star girls disappear, just to pop up on the catwalk, in few seconds. They are walking slowly, defiantly swaying their hips, taking stands in a row, each close to a pole.

   Tony sits at the drums. An intense, slow beat fills the space. The girls on the catwalk are tapping a foot and clapping their hands in the air in the same rhythm. 

   Lucky and Jamie grab the guitars. Mickey stands behind the keyboard. Nasty basses and a punchy, deep melody are added to the thrilling sound.

   'Em! Em! Em!' is filling the room, following the captivating tune.

   "Where's the king? We love you Eeeem!" someone screams shrilly nearby, somehow outstanding in the total commotion.

   My heart is racing. My eyes are fixed on the lighted spot on the stage. I reach and grab Emma's hand. We're both shaking. 

   Suddenly, everything goes pitch black. The spotlight flashes again the next second, revealing a dark, cloaked figure, standing in the beam of light. He's wearing a beautiful, Venetian mask. 

   The screams shake the ceiling.

   Em raises a hand, gripping the microphone with the other. The hall instantly becomes silent.

   His sensual, intoxicating voice conquers the space. The melody is out of this world. Everyone gazes enchanted.

   'Do you feel the darkness?

   We live in a dream.

   The fear engulfs us!

   Nothing can save you but me.'

   His voice becomes louder with every line. The rhythm is more and more intense. The crowd is swaying. Lighters are waved in the air.

   He lets the cloak fall to the ground and throws away his mask. People scream. He's in a snow white, lose shirt and black, leather pants, his hair falling free to his shoulders.

   Lucky and Jamie stand on both his sides. The whole place is under his spell.

   I can't even breathe. 

   The three of them reach out to us and sing together.

   'Take my hand!

   I know the way out.

   I'm blessed because...'

   The two step away from Em. He throws an arm in the air, pointing directly at me with the other and cries out,

   '... I'm touching The Sun!' 

   He repeats it again and again. Everyone is singing along.

   A big, pink sun slowly raises on a cobalt blue background, projected on the wall behind him.

____________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 76!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

You're amazing!

Did you like the 'Free Zone' atmosphere and the performance of the band's new piece 'I'm Touching The Sun'? 🥰🥰🥰

I suppose you've guessed who's the sun Em's singing about?😁

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize, if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you enjoyed the story.

It's the greatest award for the author.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny