8. A Spectacular Appearance

"Y.O.L.O." and "The Class Prince" are a REAL INSPIRATION.

***

   Just when there's finally complete silence, the door slowly opens with a loud creak which echoes through the large hall. 

   And HE appears in the frame.

   The beehive immediately starts buzzing again.

   He's deadly sexy and smug. A haughty smile is lingering on his lips which are colored in a light shade of purple. His raven, side-swept bangs are covering most of his right eye and cheek but his left year is exposed and a long silver chain is dangling from a ring on the helix to another one on the earlobe and down to the shoulder.

   His tall, slim figure is wrapped in tight, black leather from head to toes, except the white, fitted t-shirt under his jacket and a blood red scarf round his neck.

   He reaches behind his back and pulls in a boy by the hem of the shirt. Cheers and claps can be heard from here and there. The new comer is Em's total opposite - messy blond curls, freckled cute face, baggy blue jeans and a light blue shirt with sleeves, rolled up to the elbows. He's the classic impersonation of the good boy. The only thing in common is their height.

    The third member of their group emerges from behind their backs. He's a similarly tall, brown-haired boy in ripped, white, skinny jeans and a fitted black t-shirt with the inscription YOLO* in big white letters on the front. The exposed skin of his neck is covered in colorful tattoos. He's dragging on the floor three backpacks by the straps, pouting and muttering under his breath, obviously deeply dissatisfied by the situation.

   People start calling and waving at them, trying to get their attention. Some are pointing the empty seats nearby in an attempt to get them to sit there. Few girls stand up and one of them blows a kiss towards the group at the door. 

   The noise in the hall is amplifying by the second. 

   Emma is fidgeting in her seat as well.

   "Oh, Lucky is s-o-o sexy! I would gladly carry those backpacks for him." She's sighing and pulling on my sleeve. "Isn't he just adorable?"

   I wouldn't use exactly this word. The boy has the radiance of a viper.

   None of the three, however, pays any attention to the turmoil they've just created. The professor seems unfazed by the spectacular appearance as well. She turns to the boys, smiling sweetly.

   "Gentlemen, to what do we owe the honor of your presence today?"

   "To our deep interest in corporate law, of course, Professor," Em answers smoothly.

   Laughter erupts in the hall. The professor raises her brows, but it's obvious that all of this is quite entertaining for her.

   After a short dramatic pause, he adds in a clear voice, "And my personal interest in Japanese culture," turning his gaze our way and winking shamelessly at me.

   The crowd erupts in loud cheers and whistles.

   What? Is he trying to kill me? 

   I immediately slide lower under the desk. I don't think I've ever been more stunned in my life. Waves of heat are flooding my face. My ears are burning. I'm sure I'm beet red. Oh, if I knew this would happen, Emma would've never been able to drag me out of home.

   "Silence!" The professors voice booms through the auditorium. "We had enough fun! I don't want to hear a single sound for the next hour. Take your seats boys."

   With that the hall becomes silent again.

   Em nods to the other two and starts walking towards our bench. They're following him closely with the only sound in the vast space being the dragging of the three backpacks on the floor. He sits next to me, Lucky next to Emma and Jamie next to him. Emma squeaks loudly in my year. I'm completely numb. The professor starts the lecture. 

   I don't dare to move a muscle, sharply aware of Em's presence next to me. Lucky hands him a notebook and a pen over Emma's head and he starts writing without saying a word.

   Ten minutes pass and I relax a bit. Now that I'm no longer the center of attention, I'm slowly regaining my self-control. I grab my pen and start taking notes. It's difficult to concentrate because of his fresh scent, lingering around me and our elbows, brushing from time to time. I'm trying to ignore it. No success.

   Another ten minutes pass and I see him sliding a folded piece of paper under my hand. Our fingers touch. My stomach flips. I slowly open the note and read it. 

   'I'm sorry if I embarrassed you! I couldn't resist. You are so cute when you blush. Nice hairstyle.'

   I hesitate a little, but then turn the paper over to write, 'It's fine!' and slide it back to him.

   Em writes something on another piece of paper and shoves it under my hand, deliberately touching my fingers again. Another flip in my stomach follows. 

   'I can't stay for the next two lectures. Will you have lunch with me after that? Please!'

   I can't say it's not fun tossing notes during class. It reminds me of high school and makes me feel somewhat carefree. The butterflies in my stomach go crazy.

   I write back, 'Yes, thank you! But Emma is coming too.' 

   I peek in his direction. Em smiles and gives me the thumb up. 

   His purple lips are as hypnotizing as his dark blue eyes. I avert my gaze back to my notes. I don't want him to see me severely blushing again. However, I'm sure he's fully aware since I hear his soft chuckle.

___________________________________

*You Only Live Once

A/N

Hello everyone who reached the end of Chapter 8.

Now you have the whole crew.

Who did you like the most?

What are your first impressions of the bad boy Lucky?

Thank you so much for reading and voting! ❤

Share your thoughts, ask questions and criticize if you feel like.

See you in the next chapter.

Don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

Love: Anny