32. I Feel Like a Goddess

Our blissful laziness in the bathtub is interrupted by the ringing of my phone.

   This time, I've cleverly left it on the countertop of the nearby sink.

   It's Em and my heart immediately jumps. I pick up and his deep, sexy voice fills my head with explicit pictures of us together on his bedroom terrace.

   "Hey, Sunny Bunny! Miss me? What are you doing? Jamie said that he woke you up a couple of hours ago," he cheerfully chatters, sounding much more energetic than me and my best friend.

   "Did I exhaust you so much, that you overslept half of the day?" he chuckles, fueling the red swirls on my cheeks.

   "We're soaking in the bathtub with Emma," I somehow manage to answer. "I went to bed really late. We talked when we got home and..." I start explaining but Em abruptly interrupts me.

   "Wait, wait, wait! Could you put me on speaker, please!" he asks.

   I'm quite puzzled, but do what he says.

   "Are you both naked in that tub, naughty kittens?" His voice booms, resonating from the tile walls, full of tease.

   Emma's eyes widen. She starts coughing loudly, choking on the orange juice she's been sipping.

   "Lucky, come and hear that," Em calls.

   Emma's gesturing at me, but I can't comprehend what she means.

   "Who's naked where?" Lucky asks from a distance.

   "Yes," Emma, who has braced herself in the meantime, yells daringly. "Jealous?"

   I immediately glare at her reprehensibly and quickly squeak, "No!"

   "So-o-o, does that mean that you're soaking in the tub fully dressed?" Em drags the question.

   I open my mouth but then close it, looking at my shameless friend with deep accusation and helplessness. I can sense it's a trap. Whatever I answer will be used against me. I know Em will take any chance to tease me mercilessly.

   "Wow, this sounds even more arousing than if they were naked," Lucky exclaims nearby.

   "Shut up!" Em growls angrily, but I can hear the laughter in his voice. "Nobody gets horny, speaking about my boy."

   "Easy, macho!" Lucky answers, following the same whimsical tone. "I'm after the girl."

   "Oh My God! We are sexually predated by the two hottest guys in town," Emma shrieks. "I feel like a goddess."

   I hear someone bursting into loud laughter on the other side. It's Jamie.

   When this despicable conversation is over, I'll simply strangle Emma, or better, I'll get her drunk again and won't help her this time. That's what you get when you keep a sassy, big-mouthed monster for a best friend.

   "You people, all four, are downright hilarious," Jamie snorts between laughs. "All this would be really amusing, if I wasn't so hungry. I haven't eaten anything since this morning."

   "Yeah, we've been rehearsing for five hours. I'm starving too," Lucky whines.

   "Alright, crying babies," Em interrupts them resignedly. "We're done for today. Bunnies, get out of the tub. We're coming over to take you to dinner."

   With that, he switches the speaker off.

   "Em, wait!" I feel a sudden inspiration.

   "Yes, love," he coos, his voice immediately becoming gentle and sweet.

   "I've got an idea. If you buy some groceries that I need on the way here, I can cook some Japanese food for you," I offer. "I'll make something that we eat in Tokyo all the time. It's one of my favorites. I think, everyone will like it. I promised you, remember?"

   "Of course, I remember, my sweet," Em says, sounding a little bit weird. "Tell me what you need."

   "I have the basic ingredients. Some of them I've brought from Japan since it's difficult to find them here. I need just some more garlic and eggs," I explain. "The toppings, however, depend on everyone's preferences. It could be chicken or fish, shrimps or pork. Just buy whatever you like and I'll modify the recipe to suit to each one's taste."

   "Really? That's so cool! You sound like a real pro," Em chuckles. "What are you going to cook?"

   "Just my favorite ramen. It's perfect when you're tired or have a hangover, a typical comfort food."

   "Sounds perfect! What do you drink with it?"

   "It goes well with light beer, also wine but simpler, not of those with a strong, pronounced flavor, or you could choose apple cider."

   "Ok, sweetie, I can't wait to taste it." After a small pause, Em adds, "Hmm, actually, I can't wait to taste your sweet lips."

   I sigh dreamily. He's so amazing.

   Emma startles me with a deliberate cough and raises her brows at me.

   "Stop daydreaming and move your ass. Bring some towels and let's start cooking," she commands.

   Obviously, the news that Lucky's coming over for dinner, magically cured her indisposition.

   I stick out my tongue at her and leave the comfort of the bathtub.

___________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 32!

Thank you for reading, voting and, most of all, enjoying the story! ❤

You're so amazing! 💕

Isn't it exciting? Em is coming to Sunny's place for the first time. 😍

What do you think will happen?

Is this dinner going to go well?

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize, if you feel it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you enjoyed the story.

Love: Anny