41. Motorbikes and Kisses

We're standing in the middle of my kitchen in a tight embrace. 

   I have no words to say. There's nothing more I can add. I just bury my face in Em's shoulder and wrap my arms around his warm body. 

   We stay like this and the minutes pass. I can spend my life in this safe heaven, in his arms. I need nothing else.

   Em holds me until he feels I'm calm again. Then he pushes me gently, without removing his hands from my waist.

   "Are you ready to become the hot news today?" he smirks

   "What do you mean?" I ask, slightly startled.

   "We're going to lectures together, kitten. And I intend to hold your hand all the time." Em grins and lifts my chin with a finger. "I want everyone to know that you're mine. What do you think? Shall we make it official?"

   "I...I think that... I can handle it," I stutter, thrilled at the fact that he's definitely serious about us, but afraid to become the center of attention. I can only imagine the turmoil that we're going to cause, appearing at the University hand by hand.

   "Any hesitation?" he asks, raising a braw.

   "About you and me, no," I firmly answer. "I'm just worried that we'll attract too much curiosity. You know that I don't respond very well to that."

   "But you respond perfectly to my kisses," he says with a sly smile. "If something goes wrong, I'll be right there, next to you."

   "Yeah, it's going to be fine," I smile back shakily. "I'm not afraid." 

   He looks at me doubtfully. 

   "Ok, I'm a little scared," I confess, but repeat with determination. "I still think it's going to be fine."

   "I'm so proud of you, sweet kitty," Em praises me with sparkling eyes. "Now let's see if you have a really warm jacket to put on."

   "Why?" I'm puzzled.

   "Because we're riding on my motorbike."

   Oh Dear!

   We're in front of my apartment building. 

   Em is in a pair of ripped, black jeans I gave him. They're a bit short, just above the collar of his combat boots and quite tight since he's taller and a little bigger than me. The effect, though, seems to be aimed for. He looks smoking hot in them and his leather biker jacket, as usual.

   My look is matching. I was able to dig out three jackets from my closet and Em, after thorough inspection, chose for me to wear the dark, leather one.

   A sleek, black BMW R motorbike is parked by the sidewalk. 

   While Em is handing me a helmet and a pair of motor gloves, a red Kawasaki and a white Ducati pull over nearby. 

   The three bikes are impressive to say the least. 

   Lucky is sitting on the red one with Emma, grinning from ear to ear, behind his back. She takes off her helmet and waves at us. 

   Her wide open eyes are focused directly on mine, drilling a hole in me with an unspoken question. I know precisely what she wants to know and quickly avert my eyes, evoking a disapproving snort from her and a chuckle from her companion.

   Jamie is revving up the Ducati and shouts, "Come on, ladies! Move! There're twenty minutes to the first lecture and I'm not going in without a coffee and a cigarette. This leaves us five minutes to get to the University. The more you hang around, the faster you'll have to drive and you know that I'm not kidding about it."

   Em rolls his eyes and slaps my butt, making Emma immediately shriek excitedly. 

   "Jump up, bunny," he waves me to the bike. "And hold to me tight. It's going to be a speed ride."

   We take off and dash through the streets which, thankfully, are relatively empty at this early hour. 

   I'm both frightened and filled with ecstasy from the new feeling of danger and freedom that the speed and the roar of the engine provoke in me. I'm glued to Em's back with my arms, wrapped tightly around his waist and beaming from ear to ear.

   We pull over in front of the big gate of the University front courtyard in less than five minutes. It's packed with people. 

   I notice that our grand appearance instantly causes a notable excitement. People turn to our direction and point at us. General commotion starts in every corner.

   The bikes are parked and locked. 

   Em holds out his hand to me, "Ready?" 

   I'm not the least bit prepared for what I assume will follow. His shining face gives me some courage and I take his hand. He intertwines our fingers and pulls me towards the gate. 

   We start walking along the central alley, towards the small coffee booth. Lucky, Emma and Jamie are on our heels. 

   I try not to look around. Despite this, I can't help but see that everyone stares openly. People flank us, forming some sort of a path. We're surrounded by curious spectators. I hear excited whispers from all directions and, although I can't understand what they say, I recognize my and Em's names, repeated numerous times. 

   I squeeze his hand, taking deep breaths, but my heartbeat is quickening by the second.

   "Sunny, look at me!" Em's voice is gentle but my eyes are fixed on the ground. I can't raise my head. The panic is constricting my throat and I gasp for air.

   "Look at me, kitty," he repeats in a more demanding tone. 

   I give in and turn my face to him. He smiles. His blue eyes are sparkling in the sun. 

   He bends closer and whispers in my ear, "Kiss me!"

   What? My heart jumps. I can't do this in front of all these people. 

   I gaze into his eyes. Suddenly, I realize that it's exactly what I need. 

   I gather all my courage, wrap my arms round Em's neck and press my lips to his. 

   Everything around me disappears. I don't hear the voices and don't mind the stares anymore. It's just him. I feel his scent, his hair under my fingers, his body, pressed to mine and our lips moving together. 

   It's a short, sweet, chaste kiss but changes everything. I pull away and smile at him.

   "Better?" he asks.

   "Yeah, I'm better," I answer. 

_________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 41!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

You're amazing!

How do you think this new couple will be accepted by Em's admirers?

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize, if you feel it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you enjoyed the story.

It's the greatest award for the author.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny