85. Nation's Favorite (Em)

I'm happy. This is exactly what I was born to do, hold this sweet angel in my arms.

   Sunny is so lovable that I'm tempted to hug the life out of him. 

   His hair is wet and sticking out in all directions. A dreamy smile is plastered on his face. He's pressing his soft body to mine with quiet, cute sighs and I simply adore him.

   "Em, I think we totally ruined your bed," he mumbles.

   "Yeah, I know. Isn't it absolutely great?" I chuckle. "I'll gladly buy a new one every day, if you help me wreck it every night."

   "If it's like this every time, I won't last much longer than the bed," he murmurs with a brand-new shade of red, much brighter than the existing ones, blossoming on his face.

   "Oh, yes, you will. You're a sexy kitten, much wilder than you think," I grin widely. "We'll have to change the sheets, though. They're soaked with water."

   "You're right, but I so don't want to move," he whines.

   "Aww, you don't have to," I coo, stroking his hair. "I'll carry you to the sofa and back, after I put new, dry ones."

   "Where does all that energy come from?" he giggles. "And no, you're no more carrying me around today. I desperately need a shower, so I'll somehow drag myself to the bathroom".

   "You're so disarmingly cute," I snort through laughter and pepper his face with kisses.

   We're snuggled in the fresh, lavender-scented sheets in twenty minutes, having both showered and, this time, thoroughly dried ourselves.

   "The sun is rising, kitty. You need to sleep. I'll be right here with you," I gently caress his back.

   He relaxes with a sigh, leaning his head on my chest.

   "I can hear your heart beating," he whispers and the next moment is fast asleep.

   There's nothing more beautiful than my sleeping kitten. He's curled by my side, his pink locks, spread on my shoulder. His delicate, smooth skin is glistening in the dim rays of the morning sun.

   His plump, pink lips are tempting me to kiss them. I want to pinch his soft cheeks so much, that I have to avert my eyes to stop the urge. He needs to sleep. My lovely angel went through so many troubles. I admire how brave he was to open up for me completely. There's nothing hotter than him, giving in to his desires.

   I love him more than anything. I'm sure he knows it. I smile and place a light kiss on his temple. My kitty knows that he's everything to me.

   But what happened in the early hours gives me no peace.

   I promised to wait for him to be ready to tell me his secret, but this will drive me insane. He looked so terrified, vulnerable, desperate. The horrid scenarios, which are constantly spinning in my mind, make my stomach shrink.

   I have to know. I need to find a way to help him. This can't go on.

   An idea flushes through my mind and I carefully slide out of bed.

   Sunny will probably sleep the whole day. I can do a little research in the meantime. He was the swimming champion of Japan. It's a big deal. It means he was well known. There must be something on the internet about him, articles, pictures, even some information about why he stopped competing.

   I make a cup of steaming coffee and sit cross-legged on one of the sofas in my library with a laptop on my knees.

   I feel guilty, as if I'm deceiving him, but he doesn't have to know. I'll just take a quick peek, without digging too much. I probably won't find anything.