11. Ready to Play Again (Em)

Everything changed yesterday.

   It was unexpected, amazing, and left me with the feeling that the course of my whole life had completely shifted direction.

   I came to the opening of the new semester only because Jamie insisted. He has always enjoyed mixing with the crowd and I've never been able to refuse anything to him. It was unbearably tiresome to watch people's enthusiastic attempts to glue to our group and display closeness. Endless questions were flooding us. 'How was your summer? When will you resume the performances at the club? What are you doing tonight?'... on, and on, and on. I was ready to sneak away and ditch Jamie and Lucky to fend for themselves.

   That's when I saw him.

   He was trying to hide from the crowd just like me. At first, I was stunned by his beautiful features and off-beat style. He was gorgeous. 

   Then I realized that he was in real trouble. This sweet, frightened boy was falling to pieces and fighting for breath. 

   I immediately recognized the signs of the anxiety attack. I've gone through the same during middle school, before I became the smug stud that people see in me now. Something clicked in me. I knew exactly what I had to do and was composed and determined to help him. 

   That was until I touched him, felt his skin, wiped his tears and looked into his eyes. And then I was swept off my feet.

   Now I can't stop thinking about him.

   I'm not bored anymore. I'm more excited than I've ever been.

   I'm ready to play again.

   The lecture is finally over. Girls and boys are streaming out of the hall. I see Lucky and Jamie, coming towards me and Emma walking few steps behind.

   Where's Sunny?

   Maybe, the crowd engulfed him and he's waiting on the other side to break through the sea of people. They should've waited for him. 

   I start to worry a little. And just when I'm about to scold the boys for leaving him behind, I see him squeezing through the door and rushing towards Emma. I decide to meet him midway but at this moment he trips and staggers ahead.

   I rush to catch him. It's too late and he heavily flops at my feet.

   I hear a gasp from under his tousled fringe but no movement follows. He's just lying, sprawled on the floor with no attempt to get up. I crouch in front of him and carefully slide my fingers under his chin. He may have hurt himself.

   "Are you ok, Sunny? Can you move?" I ask, trying to sound as comforting as possible. He only growls in response.

   "Are you hurt? Do you feel pain in any part of your body?" I insist. He shakes his head for a 'no' but still doesn't speak.

   "Can you try to get up?" I'm pulling lightly his chin up in an attempt to make him look at me.

   "No," he answers faintly.

   "Why?"

   "Because I don't want to," he mutters. I can't fight the smile, crawling on my face.

   "Because you feel embarrassed?" I gently ask. 

   "I always seem to make a fool of myself when you're around," he sighs.

   "I wouldn't put it that way. Anyone can trip. Don't stress about it," I chuckle. "As much as I enjoy the view of you, thrown flat at my feet, I'd rather you get up, so we can see if you're fine, ok?"

   At these words he makes the sweetest whining sound and raises his puppy eyes to me, biting his lower lip.

   That's it. I'm doomed! Definitely as hard as a rock.

   I guess that makes us two who won't get up now. This isn't something people would miss to see and turn into the next hot topic of the day. My mind is searching frantically a way out of the situation. I look up and see Emma, Lucky and Jamie who are standing nearby, staring at us in dismay. I nod to Lucky to come closer. He bends down.

    "We have a problem here," I whisper in his ear, glancing at him in the most meaningful way I'm capable of. 

   He raises a brow and whispers back, "What problem? Is he hurt?"

   Argh! Do I really need to be specific?

   "No, I don't think so. It's me. I have a problem." I'm gazing at him expressively, emphasizing each word of the last sentence. He seems clueless, so I add, pointing down with my eyes, "I'm kind of excited, you know."

   Lucky is still confused, but the realization hits him in few seconds. He forms a soundless 'Ooh', followed by one of his nastiest grins.

   "You, kinky bastard!" he blurts out and gives me a spiteful look. I am sure he thinks I got exactly what I deserved. There is no doubt he'll make the most out of it.

   This is not good at all. It is not the right time for him to take his revenge on me now, while Sunny is lying quietly on the floor with his chin on my hand. I know Lucky too well, though.

   "Do something!" I hiss.

   "Yeah, I might take some pictures," he answers, grinning wider.

   "Get Jamie here," I huff.

   "No way!" The smartarse is having great fun at my expense.

   "Lucky, I love you. But I'll make you pay for this if you keep being an ass," I growl menacingly.

   "To do this, you'll have to get up," he says as-a-matter-of-factly, cocking a brow. "We both know that it is not an option right now, although, honestly, I am dying to see it."

   "Please!" I surrender.

   "A-a-and..." he drags out questioningly.

   "And I'll never make you miss rehearsals again," I mumble.

   "A-a-and..." Oh, what a dick! What else does he want? I remember that he's been whining something about a birthday party lately but I've told him to fuck off. That must be it.

   "And I'll throw a party for your birthday next month," I gasp in defeat.

   "Good!" He sneers victoriously.

   I sigh relieved. Now he'll finally move his ass.

___________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone who reached the end of Chapter 11.

What do you think about this hilarious situation? 😁

Did you have fun?

Thank you so much for reading and voting! ❤

Share your thoughts, ask questions and criticize if you feel like.

See you in the next chapter.

Don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

Love: Anny