55. My Love

I'm walking out of the main entrance of my apartment building at five p.m. on Sunday, dressed warmly and carrying an additional jacket and my favorite Totoro backpack, full of spare clothes, as Em has specifically instructed me the previous evening. 

   I've slept the whole day, also at his insistence, and am still a little drowsy. 

   He's already waiting for me, leaning on the black Wrangler and spreading hotness, as usual.

   "Hey, kitty!" He smiles and opens the front door for me to get in, but instead of moving aside, grabs my waist and swirls me round in the air.

   I start to giggle and squeak, "Put me down, Em! Are you crazy?"

   He does, but pins my back to the jeep and starts kissing my cheeks, my chin and my lips. 

   "Yes, I am!" he laughs. "You know that I'm crazy about you." 

   I have nothing to do but wrap my arms round his neck and kiss him back.

   "Where are we going?" I ask when we're finally seated. I've noticed that there are a picnic basket, some blankets and throw pillows on the back seat. Adding the fact that we're both wearing warm clothes, we will obviously be somewhere outdoors.

   "I promised you something before and I intend to fulfill it today," he smiles mysteriously and we pull off.

   I see the enormous bridge over the channel ten minutes later and can guess where we're going. It's the route to the picturesque beach above the city. 

   I'm so excited that I can't sit still, not only because I love the place and my gorgeous boyfriend is next to me, but also as this is such an important day. 

   I'll finally find out all the things about Em that have been disturbing my peace since I met him. Most importantly, I have firmly decided to tell him how I feel about him. My happiness and anticipation are mixed with fear and anxiety, creating a boiling cocktail of emotions that make me fidget restlessly in my seat.

   "Are you nervous, kitten?" Em softly asks and takes my hand. "This is a date. I'll do my best to make it nice and romantic. There's nothing to worry about, love," he gently says and kisses the tips of my fingers, without averting his eyes from the road.

   "I'm sorry, Dārin. I know. It's not because of you. It's just how I am," I smile shakily.

   "My eyes are not red anymore," he chuckles and peeks at me for a moment to show me the stunning blue irises that I adore, "but it doesn't mean that I won't bite... if you ask me." 

   I start to laugh and my tension slowly subsides. It comes to my mind that I'm not actually against him biting me and that makes me laugh louder. 

   Em tosses a quick glimpse at me with a wide, dimpled smile.

   "Naughty kitten!" he mumbles and shakes his head.

   I seriously start to think that he can read my mind.

   We reach our destination. It looks a lot different than I remember. 

   The promenade is almost empty. Only few of the restaurants and the shops, which happen to have indoor parts, are still working. The colorful, noisy stream of people is gone. There's no one at the beach.

   "The season is over," Em sighs. "A little bit sad, isn't it? But I still love it. Only those of us, who are local, can see the hidden marvels of this place without it being flooded by the crowds of tourists."

   We reach the end of the asphalt lane. Em takes a turn directly on the sand and keeps driving on the beach. He pulls over few meters away from the water and smiles at me.

   "Here we are. Welcome to my secret observatory. I like exploring different places with my motorbike. One evening I just ended up here. It was so beautiful, that I kept coming again and again. Being here helps me to sort out the thoughts in my head and, sometimes, I even get inspired for my songs." He gets out of the car, goes around it, opens my door and stretches his hand to me. "Come on, look at this!"

   I step next to him on the sand and follow his gaze. 

   We're standing next to each other on the vast deserted beach, with the whole city, spread in front of our eyes. The sun is still bright, but is slowly crawling down to the horizon. The signs of the approaching dusk can already be seen. It's peaceful around us. The only sounds we hear are the splashing of the waves and the cries of the seagulls.

   Em's fingers intertwine with mine and gentle warmth spreads all over my body. My heart is beating faster and faster. I can no longer keep everything I feel inside of me. 

   Before he tells me everything I've asked for, before making that record and becoming world-famous, before indecision and fear overwhelm me again and this magical moment is over, I must say it.

   "Em," I whisper. 

   He only turns to face me, without uttering a word, sensing that I need to take my time and follow my own rhythm. 

   We look into each other's eyes and I dive in the blue waves of his gaze. I can give myself completely to him. I think I already have. He owns every single piece of my heart. 

   My lips tremble but I won't give up. I squeeze both his hands, take a deep breath and say as clear as I can, 

   "I love you!"

   I can see the sparks, bursting in his sapphire eyes. A warm smile softens his features. He pulls me towards him, placing my palms on his shoulders. His arms sneak around my waist. 

   A second before his lips touch mine, he whispers, "I love you too!"

   This kiss is as sweet and intoxicating as every other I've shared with him, but still, there's something different. 

   It's soaked with complete trust and devotion which makes it the most precious one. 

   I close my eyes and let my heart open and be filled with the warmth of all the wonderful feelings I've denied to myself for so long. It's incredible. I'm happy. 

   I'll be able to face anything that the future holds because of these exceptional moments of utter and profound happiness that I had the privilege to experience.

______________________________

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 55!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

You're amazing!

A real love confession! 💕💕💕

Did you expect it? 🥰 Did you like the scene? 😍

Revelations are coming. Are you excited to learn everything about Em? 😁

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize, if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you enjoyed the story.

It's the greatest award for the author.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny