3. Crystal Blue and Dimples

I slowly study every feature of his stunning face.

   It's mesmerizing but intimidating. 

   The milky white, smooth, spotless skin is somehow glowing in the sun. Shiny raven hair is tucked under a black beanie. Only а thick fringe, swooped aside, falls over the boy's right cheek, almost covering his eye. His cheekbones are high and strongly pronounced. His lips are plump, but not too much.

   What completely captivates me are his big cobalt eyes. The black eye-definer and the smoky makeup make their deep, blue color even more startling. They're framed by curved, long lashes and perfectly shaped, black eyebrows. 

   Everything on his face is ideally proportioned. So much that he almost looks unreal. His dark makeup gives him a mysterious, dangerous, and very attractive look. So does his piercing, a silver labret below his bottom lip.

   Minutes are passing, but I keep staring at him with wide eyes. I should stop, but I can't. I should get up of his lap, but I'm frozen. I'm expected to say something, thank him again, or tell him my name, but I'm completely numb. I just keep gazing and not moving a muscle. 

   He's staring back.

   I can see the moment, when his blue irises start to brighten and his lips are slowly stretching in a smug smirk. The perfect dimples appear on his cheeks.

   How can anyone be so cool?

   "Jamie, move already! Let me pass through! Is he better now? I need to go to him," squeaky pleads come from a distance.

   "Sunny, are you alright? I'm so sorry I left you alone. I shouldn't have gone to check the schedule without you. I'm so sorry, sweetie!" The voice gets even more shrill and upset.

   Emma, who was obviously stopped by the two friends of my savior, is finally breaching the blockade and running towards us. She throws herself on her knees on the ground next to me, grabs my cheeks and starts inspecting my face, as if to make sure that my nose or some other important part isn't missing.

   "I will never ever leave you alone again. I promise. 本当にごめんなさい (Hontōni gomen'nasai) 大丈夫ですか(Daijōbudesuka?) 私はあなたのためにここにいます(Watashi wa anata no tame ni koko ni imasu).*"

   "Emma, it's ok. I'm fine. Don't worry. It's not your fault," I mutter. "You can leave me on my own sometimes. I won't freak out every time. It was just too crowded and I got too much attention. I'll get used to it... eventually."

   I'm trying to calm her down because she looks as if she will faint or start crying at any moment. She's nodding her head and keeps squeezing my cheeks. 

   Suddenly I realize that I'm still sitting on the boy's lap and immediately jump up. Emma follows me without removing her hands from my face. I peak down at him. He's still sitting on the ground, watching us with a stunned face.

   "I'm sorry for s-sitting on your l-lap for so long," I shriek. 

   What? 

   I tend to chatter nonsense when I'm embarrassed, but this beats it all. Unfortunately, once started, I simply can't stop. 

   "I mean, t-thank you for s-saving me and sorry for..." Oh, shut up! I press my lips in a firm line and just blink at him.

   The boy springs up and tilts his head aside, standing in front of me and inspecting me intently. The next second he bursts into laughter. It's loud, sincere and contagious. I love it. It makes me smile too. 

   All the fear, anxiety and self-cautiousness go away. I'm looking at him, enchanted by his dimples, his blue eyes and the piercing under his bottom lip which is flickering in the sun.

   "I'm Em. Nice to meet you! It was a pleasure for me to have you on my lap. We can do it some time again." He stretches out his hand and gives me a hot look from top to bottom.

   Is there a brighter shade of red than a tomato? My ears are definitely burning.

   I'm trying to brace myself and shake his hand.

   "I'm 真行寺 (Shingyōji). Nice to meet you too! And thanks again for... everything."

   "I'm glad I could help, Shingyōji." He pronounces my name very slowly, careful to get it right.

   "You can call me Sunny. Everyone does." I manage to produce a shaky smile.

   He smiles back.

   "Yeah, it suits you, Sunny. I'll see you around. Bye, Emma. Take good care of your peachy friend. I'll check on him."

   He winks at me and Emma and goes to his friends who turn to us and wave. Then the three of them start walking towards the University building. They're all very tall and fit and are walking strangely close to each other. Extreme confidence is flowing from every move they make, as if they are the kings of the world. I'm staring at Em's back with gaping mouth until he disappears through the main entrance.

   What is going on? Why is my stomach twisting in the most uncomfortable way?

   I feel that I'm doomed to think only of him day and night for the rest of my life. He may be able to cast spells with this mysterious look. 

   Well, this will be a nice change in the unpleasant thoughts that are constantly spinning in my head most of the time. 

   I definitely wouldn't mind being under his spell.

____________________________________

*I'm really sorry! Are you fine now? I'm here for you.

A/N

Hello to everyone who made it to the end of Chapter 3.

If you're here, then I really want to hug you.

Did you enjoy? I hope it was a fun read.

Now the boys finally met.

How did you find Em? 

Is he an angel or the devil in your opinion?

Share your thoughts, ask questions and criticize, if you think it is necessary.

And don't forget to vote if you liked the story.

Thank you so much!

Love: Anny