58. Jamie and Lucky

"That's right, kitty. It was Jamie," Em nods. "Only, no one called him this way back then. His actual name is Georgi. It's one of the most common local names. People here are mainly Orthodox and often name their children after Saint George."

   I'm stunned at this new information. 

   I was sure that Lucky was a nick name, but had never thought this way about Jamie. 

   It's quite logical, though. This is an Eastern European country. I should have known that these are nick names.

   Suddenly, it comes to my mind that probably Em is not the actual name of my boyfriend as well. 

   Oh, my God! 

   I'm desperate to learn what it is. My tongue is itching to ask him immediately, but I decide not to interrupt him and stay quiet.

   "He was standing at the door, smiling," Em continues, "and explaining to my mom that he would pick me every morning for school, from now on, and she didn't have to worry about bulling anymore because he would take care of me. Mom was enchanted, of course. She loves him like her own son to this day. I, naturally, asked him why he was doing this for me. You won't believe what he answered."

     "What?" I shriek impatiently.

   "He said exactly this and I quote, 'Because you are amazing, although the fools, who bully you, don't see it yet. Also because I'm your future best friend. The third reason is that, one day, we'll become famous and I want us to do it together'." 

   Em grins at my stunned, wide-eyed face. "Can you imagine that? I was looking at him the same way you're looking at me now."

   "Unbelievable!" I finally manage to utter.

   "Yeah, that's how cool Jamie is," Em laughs and pinches my cheek. 

   "And he did it. He became my best friend indeed and that's what he is to this day," he proudly says. "No one bullied me anymore from that morning on. On the contrary, many people tried to befriend me. At the beginning it was a way to get close to Jamie, but then some sincerely wanted to be my friends. Things got better and I slowly accustomed to my new home country."

  Em brushes the tip of my nose with his and smiles, "So, as you can see, we have a happy ending. No need to worry. Isn't that right, kitty?"

   "Jamie was right about two more things," I nod and smile back. "First, everyone sees now how amazing you are. And second, you two will indeed become famous together."

   "Yeah, it's a crazy possibility, isn't it?" Em shakes his head as if still in disbelief. "But I don't care about being famous. I just want to play my favorite music with my best friends." 

   He leans closer and whispers, "and be with you, my sweet kitten, because you're much more amazing than me."

   Our lips touch and my pulse races. 

   I kiss his bottom lip and lightly bite the upper one, letting his tongue slide in my mouth. I love to feel him close. 

   His hands slide under my butt, lifting me to sit on his lap. I immediately wrap my thigs round his waist. He smells so good and his body is so warm. I press even closer and burry my fingers in his hair, lost in the sweetest kiss until I'm out of breath.

   "Do you want to hear the rest of the story, sweetie?" he mumbles on my lips.

   "Very much," I answer, slightly panting.

   "Then behave! ... Until we get home, I mean," he smirks, squeezing lightly my thighs. 

   I instantly blush crimson and hide my face in his shoulder, making him laugh.

   "There isn't much more left to tell actually," Em shrugs his shoulders. "We decided to gather a band, five years ago. It was a total disaster. No one showed up at the two auditions we organized at school. Maybe, we didn't advertise properly or there weren't many people, playing an instrument or singing in a School of Economics."

   I pout. How dare they ignore my Em's auditions. He grins at my frown.

   "We were hanging out in a nearby park one day, when this boy approached us. I had seen him in the hallways at school, but we had never spoken. He was a year senior and famous for being quick tempered. No one messed with him. He had too many tattoos on his neck and shoulders for the teachers to be happy," Em chuckles. "Girls, however, were nuts about him. They only admired him from a distance, though, due to his menacing look, while they flirted openly with Jamie all the time."

   "It was Lucky, wasn't it?" I scream victoriously. "And it's not his real name!"

   Em bursts into laughter.   

   "Yes, kitty, you're right for both. To be honest, I and Jamie felt quite uneasy, seeing him coming towards us with utter determination, written on his face. I was sure he'd pick on us and was prepared for a fight. You can imagine our astonishment when he said 'I play the guitar and can sing. Take me in your band'."

   "Aaaaa," I yell, "This is so cool!"

    Em grins at my enthusiasm.

   "We didn't know what to answer him, though, since we didn't actually have a band," he goes on. "So, the three of us started playing music almost every day. When we didn't, we just hung out together. We've been inseparable since that day. We decided to study at the local university since this was our favorite summer resort and we all loved the town. Lucky and Jamie joined the program for foreign students because of me, although, the three of us are technically local. I kind of feel more comfortable studying in English. Then Tony and Mikey joined the band and the rest you know."

   "This is so amazing!" I exclaim. "It's wonderful to have such good friends. Jamie and Lucky are both great guys."

   "Yes, they are," Em nods. "They helped me build up my confidence and become what I am today, seeing in me something I wasn't able to see myself." 

   He cups my cheeks, gazing directly into my eyes. 

   "I really love them, kitty. They are very important to me, the same way I'm very important to them. We're best friends but," he pauses and adds notably, "we aren't lovers."

   My heart flips. I wasn't afraid that he'll state the opposite, after our talk in the shower. But hearing it directly, just took a huge load off my shoulders. 

   I feel relieved, not because I oppose this kind of relationships, but just because I've realized that I can't share him. I wouldn't be able to bear him belonging also to someone else.

   He's mine. 

___________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 58!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

You're amazing!

Were you happy to learn that Em is only Sunny's? 💕💕💕

Or, maybe you were... disappointed? 😉

I know what you can't wait to learn. It's what Em's real name is. Am I right? 🥰

It's coming in the next chapter. 😁

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize, if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you enjoyed the story.

It's the greatest award for the author.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny