𝐈.𝐕𝐈

SECRETS

"Dr Banner is only here to to track the Cube. I was hoping you might join him." Fury said as he walked in and noticed all of the avengers sat around together.

"I would start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a HYDRA weapon." Steve said as he looked back towards Tony and Bruce.

"I don't know about that, but it is powered by the Cube. And I would like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into high personal flying monkeys." Fury said causing Thor to furrow his brows and say,

"Monkeys? I do not understand."

"I do." Steve cut in pointing towards Thor with a grin. "I understood that reference."

Darla looked down at the floor with a smile. Steve was clearly proud of himself for understanding. Darla stood up and walked over to the man, lightly patting his chest with a grin.

"Shall we play, Doctor?" Tony questioned looking towards Bruce.

"This way, sir." Bruce nodded and lead Tony out of the room.

Darla walked out of the room too, going to head back to her room to sleep, but Steve wrapped his hand around her wrist and span her around to face him.

"Want to take a walk?"

She pursed her lips, pondering on the question for a minute before nodding. She walked along side Steve, who was trying to make small talk.

"So, why are you here?" He questioned curiously. Darla just shrugged. "Why do you go mute when you drink?" The blonde girl froze, nobody had ever really asked her that before. "Sorry. It's none of my business."

Darla let out an long sigh.

"You know I hear voices right?" Steve nodded. "Every second of the day. They're always telling me exactly what's going to happen before it even happens. Like I know that you're going to take us left and towards the lab."

Darla paused and looked up at the man. He seemed to be so focused on what she was saying. It seemed like he actually cared.

"So, when I drink. They stop. For some reason they just go away and leave me in silence. So I drink more and the voices aren't there, but also I can just sit and relax. I can enjoy the silence." She smiled. "I talk more when sober as another way to drown them out. I mean, I can't be drunk all the time." She chuckled.

"When did it start?" The blonde man asked as the pair continued walking.

"I was 15, I had a bad accident and then ever since then. Fury found me when I was 16 and kept trying to recruit me. I've said no every other time."

"So what's different about now?" Steve quizzed, from the corner of his eye, he saw Tony jab Bruce with a screwdriver. "Hey!" He said scoldingly as he walked into the lab, Darla following closely behind. "Are you nuts?"

"Jury's out." Tony muttered, disappointed that he didn't even get a reaction from Bruce. "You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz, bongo drums, huge bag of weed?"

"Is everything a joke to you?" Steve asked tilting his head slightly as he watched Tony.

"Funny things are." Tony pointed towards Steve. He watched as Darla walked around the room, and looked at the scepter. She ran her fingers along it, only for Tony to go and slap her hand. Before he could even get a chance, she grabbed his hand and twist it. "That's not funny." He muttered and pulled his hand out of her grasp.