𝐈𝐕.𝐗𝐈

BERLIN

Darla sat behind Steve whilst in the police car. She felt so nervous, she had no idea what would be waiting for her. She had no idea who would be waiting for her.

"So," Sam spoke up. "you like cats?" Darla stifled a laugh at the question.

"Sam." Steve said warningly.

"What?" Sam questioned not sure what he did wrong. "Dude shows up dressed like a cat, you don't wanna know more?"

"I do." Darla whispered leaning forward and resting her head on Steve's seat.

"Your suit, it's vibranium?" Steve asked quickly, his eyes flickering to the girl quickly.

"The Black Panther had been the protector of Wankanda for generation." T'Challa hesitated before answering. "A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of King."

"Bucky didn't kill your dad." Darla announced softly, not want to upset the man further.

"So, I ask you, as both warrior and King, how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?" T'Challa questioned, not taking any notice of Darla.

Darla placed her hand on Steve shoulder, silently telling him that she would help him get Bucky out no matter the costs.

The group all climbed out of the car, Steve sent a quick look to Bucky before turning his attention to Sharon and Everett Ross.

"What's gonna happen to him?" Steve questioned walking towards the man.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you." Everett spoke up. "Psychological evaluation and extradition."

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander." Sharon introduced the man.

"What about a lawyer?" Steve question, making Darla step forward.

"I'll happily call my brother." Darla raised her hand, only for Sam to pull her back slightly.

"Lawyer." Everett half heartedly chuckled. "That's funny. See their weapons are placed in lockup." He turned to Darla. "Gloves." He clicked his fingers and the two men behind him placed a pair of rubber gloves in his hands. "These are for you Miss Dyer." He handed her the gloves causing her to burst out laughing.

She clapped her hands together and pretended to wipe the tears away. Sam had to bite his bottom lip to prevent himself from laughing at the girl and everyone else's straight faces.

"You're kidding right?" Darla snapped, her smile suddenly dropping. "I can just take these off."

Everett sighed and clicked his fingers again, causing two guards to grab Darla's bicep and escort her out.

"Should've expected that." She muttered as she was thrown into a small cell, similar to Bucky's. She turned her head to the left and smiled at Bucky, who had a bored expression on his face. "Hey." She shouted trying to make conversation.

"What did you do?" Bucky chuckled.

"Oh I could kinda wipe everyone here out with one blast so I guess they're just as scared of me as they are you." Darla shrugged, pursing her lips ever so slightly.

"I'm sorry." Bucky uttered, making the girl furrow her brows not understanding why he was apologising. "For hitting you a few years back."

"Oh that's alright." She smiled. "I probably deserved it."

"No, no." Bucky shook his head honestly. "I just-"

"You don't have to explain." Darla cut the man off just as Mateo and Tony walked in. "Hey boys."

"Take her out." Mateo instructed the guards, but they didn't move. "Now." He shouted angrily.

"Do as the boy says, we need to have a few words with Miss Dyer." Tony nodded and the guard quickly rushed to unlock the cell.

"Oh Tony, don't have to make things seem so formal." Darla pouted as she walked out of the cell, tapping the man on the shoulder, giving him a small shock.

"Look, kid, walk with me?" Tony didn't look impressed with the girl at all.

"Looks like I don't have a choice." Muttered Darla as she linked her arm with Mateo. "You okay?" She questioned up to the man.

Mateo pulled away from the girl with a clenched jaw. Darla furrowed her brows not understanding why but chose not to say anything. Tony placed his hand on the small of her back.

"I have made a lot of sacrifices to get you out of that cell because I have full faith that you will cooperate and not go-"

"Crazy?" Darla cut in with a playful smirk. "Then where's the fun in that?"

"Look, Kid." Tony grabbed her bicep and turned her to face him. "You need to stop acting out like this. You said you were Switzerland."

"Bucky didn't do it, Tony." Darla whispered.

Tony shook his head, not fully believing the girl. Although he knew he would probably regret that later.

"Tony asked for you to be moved into the office with us, rather than a cell. You should be grateful." Mateo snapped. He was angered that Darla choose Steve's side instead of siding with him. To say he was jealous, was an understatement. "Tony, can I talk to Darla alone a minute?"

Tony nodded and left the pair in the hallway.

"What the hell, Darla?" Snapped Mateo. "You're defending a criminal. Heck, you're a criminal."

"I'm defending my friend." She crossed her arms and leant back on her back leg.

"Oh yeah, that friend." Scoffed Mateo. "He's an ass." Darla scrunched her face up, not understanding. "Steve, Mr Captain  I'm always right, America."

"I'm talking about Bucky." Darla snapped. "He's innocent." She paused for a minute, realisation hitting her. "You're jealous of Steve?" Mateo rolled his eyes before saying,

"I'm not jealous of anyone." Darla smiled and wrapped her arms around Mateo's shoulders.

"You don't have to be jealous, Mateo, I only have eyes for you." Darla whispered, placing a soft kiss on his lips.