𝐈𝐕.𝐈𝐕

BOMB

Darla stood in the centre of the town, everyone surrounding them pointing to the bombs that Steve was crouched down beside.

"They ditched their gear. It's a shell game now. One of them has the payload." Steve said standing up, his eyes flickering to Darla as a bomb landed on his shield.

Steve threw his shield up in the air and away from the people, for it to explode seconds later and for him to be launched forward.

"There you are, you son of a bitch." Seethed Rumlow. "I've been waiting for this." He slammed his fist into Steve's jaw, once again throwing him backward.

Darla jumped on Rumlow's back and distracted him for a minute. She tried to drain his suit of its power but it didn't seem to work.

"It doesn't work like that," Rumlow paused. "Crash." He snickered before throwing Darla off.

The blonde braced herself for an impact that never came. Mateo had caught the girl and managed to stay put. He cupped her cheeks and asked,

"Are you okay?"

"Stay here, I've got to help Cap." Darla instructed, running towards Rumlow once again. She skidded and wrapped her legs around his ankles, making him fall to the ground.

She shot a blast at him, making him fall back. He threw a bomb in her direction. Darla's eyes widened. Steve looked over to the girl, who seemed to be shell shocked.

Mateo pushed the girl away before tackling her to the ground just as the bomb exploded.

Steve let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding once he saw that the girl was alive. Rumlow slammed Steve against a wall and seethed,

"This is for dropping a building on my face." He pulled out a blade and slammed his fist into the wall as Steve managed to move out of the way just in time. Steve bent Rumlow's arm back before elbowing him in the face. He ripped off a part of his suit.

Darla stood back up and blasted Rumlow backwards. The bolt of electricity made him shake slightly.

Rumlow removed his helmet as Darla and Steve walked over to him. Angered, Steve grabbed his bullet proof vest and made Rumlow look at him.

"I think I look pretty good all things considered." Rumlow stated as the pair stated at his burns on his face that both of them had a part in creating.

"Who's your buyer?" Steve snarled angrily.

"You know, he knew you." Rumlow looked up at Steve. "Your pal, your buddy, your" He paused a smirk playing on his face. "Bucky."

"What did you say?" Steve's grip got tighter.

"Hey, Cap, I'd loosen the grip a little." Darla placed her hand on his shoulder but he didn't say anything.

"He remembered you. I was there. He got all weepy about it. Till they put his brain back in a blender." Rumlow snickered. "He wanted you to know something. He said to me 'Please tell Rogers, when you gotta go, you gotta go.'"

Darla's hand came up to her head, scrunching her eyes closed in pain.

'He's got a bomb.'

"Steve." Darla clutched as his suit. "Bomb."

"And you're coming with me." Rumlow stared directly at Steve.

Steve's eyes widened as Rumlow pressed the red button. Wanda was quick to contain the blast, she lifted it up out of the way of everyone in the city.

Darla could see that the girl was struggling, resulting in her letting go and blowing up the building. Wanda's eyes widened and filled with unshed tears. Her hand cupped her mouth in shock.

"Sam." Steve's voice cracked slightly. "We need fire and rescue on the south side of the building. We gotta get up there."

Mateo rushed towards Darla, his hand resting on her bicep as Steve ran towards the building.

"Go help Cap." She instructed as she ran towards Wanda. The red head had lowered herself to the floor. Darla came from behind the girl and held her tightly as she cried. "It's okay, Red." She whispered in her ear. Her fingers combing through her hair soothingly. "I'm right here."

Darla couldn't take her eyes off the building. The voices kept telling her the second that someone died despite her not knowing them or even being able to see them. She hated it. She hated knowing the destruction and death that was just caused.

"I did this." Wanda clutched onto the girls bicep as she cried.

"No, Rumlow, he did this." Darla tried to reassure the girl, but she knew it would bring her no comfort. Nothing at that moment in time would bring her comfort.