𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐈𝐈

SURPRISE

"Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, welcoming back to the ring we have..." Tony trailed off for affect as he spoke over the comms.

"Not again Tony." Natasha muttered rolling her eyes as she drove through the woods whilst under fire. "We're a bit busy here."

"Trust me, you'll love this." Tony bragged with a half hearted chuckle as he blasted the agents. "Welcoming back into the ring we have Darla Dyer."

Steve slammed down the breaks on his motorcycle. He wasn't sure if Tony was just messing  around with the group.

"Ding. Ding. Ding." The familiar voice of Darla said over the comms as she imitated a ringing bell.

"Welcome back, kiddo." Clint smiled, the last time he saw the girl was three years ago.

"Time to put on those boxing gloves, D, let's see what you got." Natasha said as she went along with the boxing reference.

Darla chuckled as she looked down at all The Avengers fighting. Tony had her wait up in a tree until he was ready for her grand reappearance.

Her eyes flickered down to Steve who was driving on his motorcycle. A smirk appeared on her face as she jumped down and landed perfectly on the back.

"Missed me?" Darla questioned cockily as she wrapped her arms around the boys torso.

Steve couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. She was back and better than ever.

"Of course I missed you, baby." Steve whispered as they continued to drive through the woods, killing as many agents as they could whilst dodging the bullets fired at them.

"So, how was Europe?" She questioned curiously. Tony talked a lot when they spared so she didn't mind taking while aimlessly firing at the agents.

"I didn't go." Steve responded honestly as he launched his shield. "I was looking for Bucky."

"Find him?" Darla questioned remembering the brown haired man who didn't seem to like her.

"Not yet." Steve mumbled disappointedly. "You dropped of the face of the earth, where did you go?"

"Don't tell him." Tony said quickly over the comms, only thinking he was talking to Darla but soon realised everyone heard what he said.

"Don't tell him what?" Thor questioned confused.

"Nothing." Tony said quickly.

"Darla." Steve said strongly. "Where were you?"

"And that's my queue." Darla chuckled and shook her head before jumping off the back of Steve's motorcycle.

"Shit." Tony said as he flew into a protective barrier around the building.

"Language." Steve said without even meaning too. Darla burst out laughing as Steve scolded the man. "Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken." Jarvis answered.