𝐈𝐈.𝐈

RUINITED

Steve looked between Natasha and the house that Darla currently resided in. The man hadn't seen Darla for two years, unlike Natasha who saw the girl at least every two months. Natasha always told Steve about how Darla was getting on and what she was doing with her life.

She was currently studying in college and in her last year. Steve never visited because he didn't want to drag her back into the very world she had gotten out of.

"I'm not doing this." Steve muttered to himself. Natasha had dragged him to come and see the girl after listing a number of different people who she thought would be good for him. When the red head mentioned Darla, it sparked an interest.

"Come on, she'll love to see you. She talks about you constantly." Natasha lied. Every time that she had visited the blonde she refused to talk about Steve. Natasha assumed it just hurt her too much.

"I can't, Nat, she's out of the game. She doesn't need me in her life. I'm not asking her on a date after two years, it's weird." Steve said shaking his head and walking away from the girl.

"Alright whatever but I'm going to go and see her. It's about time I check up on her." Natasha said as she walked up to the door and knocked lightly.

She waited patiently for one of her siblings to answer the door. Her parents were normally always at work and despite her siblings living in different states, they were almost at their childhood home in Brooklyn.

"Nat." Aspen smiled and he stepped aside to allow the girl in. "She's upstairs."

"Thanks, Aspen." Natasha smiled and tapped the boys chest before running upstairs to her bedroom. The red head walked into Darla's room with a grin. "Did you miss me?"

Darla let out a small squeal and ran into the girls arms. She hugged Natasha tightly and pulled away with a grin.

"Where is he?"

The voices had told Darla that Natasha was going to bring Steve with her. Darla was beyond excited, assuming that he was either outside the door or waiting outside her house.

She hadn't seen the man in two years, they hadn't even kept in touch. Unlike Darla and Natasha or Darla and Tony, who always kept in touch with each other.

Darla watched as Natasha's smile fell.

"He didn't come did he?"

"I'm sorry Darla, he didn't want to come in." Natasha placed a comforting hand on Darla's shoulder. She watched as the blonde's bottom lip began to quiver.

"It's fine. I'm fine." Darla lied and went to grab the bottle of vodka that sat on her bedside table. She didn't hesitate in placing her lips to the bottle neck and drinking all it's contents. "They can shut up for a while."

"I'm sorry D, I tried to get him to come and see you, I've been trying for two years."

"Nat, I don't really want to talk about him." Darla shook her head and sat back on the end of her bed. She was surrounded by her college work.

Natasha's eyes flickered up to the pinboard where the signed trading cards of Captain America sat. The red head smiled sadly at the thought of Agent Coulson.

"How've you been?" Natasha questioned trying to change the conversation. "Any boys?" She paused. "Any girls?"

"No, no, there's no one." Chuckled Darla sadly. She ran her hands through her hair and allowed herself to lay back on the bed.

"There's got to be someone?" Natasha pushed but Darla shook her head. "Then we need to find you someone."

"Nat? Can I be honest with you?" Darla questioned as she turned onto her side to face the girl. Natasha hummed in response. "Fury's tried to call me to D.C multiple times over the two last years. He wants me to go and work for SHIELD, full time."

"What did you say?" Natasha questioned curiously.

"No." She looked around her room, her eyes landing on multiple photos of her and her family. She couldn't help but smile at the photo of her three brothers hugging her and her sister.

Aspen, he was the oldest at twenty eight. He had a light blonde shaggy hair with the brightest blue eyes anyone had ever seen. He worked as a big corporate lawyer and was constantly busy but always came over to visit his siblings every weekend.

Briar was the second oldest at twenty six. His short brown hair was always styled perfectly and his blue eyes sparkled every time he smiled. He was a cop, which didn't settle right with his mother when he told her, but after a few weeks she got over it.

Cecilia was next, she was twenty three and like Darla still living at home and studying in college. She had a gap year to visit every state in America, which she said she loved. Although Darla didn't believe her. Cecilia was very family oriented and hated to be away from her family for more than a few weeks at a time. She had long wavy blonde hair that framed her face perfectly with her green eyes and contagious smile.

Finally, there was the youngest of the Dyer's. Elio Dyer, he was twelve, which meant that he was still in school. He had mousy blonde hair with dark green eyes. He had an innocent look about him with a wholesome smile.

The family were beyond close, they saw each other every weekend despite how busy they all were.

"Why does he want you back?" Natasha questioned curiously.

"Why do you think?" Darla's tapped her head with a chuckle. "I can tell what's coming before it comes." Natasha pursed her lips and nodded. "Plus apparently Cap and I made a good team, which is something Fury desperately needs."

Once Natasha had left, Darla dialled Fury's number and waited patiently for him to answer. She hoped this way the right thing to do.

"Darla Dyers." Fury answered. Darla imagined him to be sat there with a smirk playing on his face.

"I'm in." Darla put bluntly.