𝐈𝐕.𝐗𝐈𝐈

SIGN

"Hey, you wanna see something cool?" Tony questioned as he walked over to Steve and Darla, who were both staring at the security cameras on Bucky. "I pulled something from dads archives." He showed the pair the small box. "Felt timely." He watched as they both took a seat. "FDR signed the Lend-lease bill with these in 1941."

Tony opened up the box to reveal two pens. Steve looked down at the box sadly, remembering his previous war days.

"Provided support to the Allies when they needed it most." Tony continued.

"Some would say it brought our country closer to war." Shrugged Steve before he looked up at Tony.

"See? If not for these, you wouldn't be here." Tony reminded the man.

Darla looked down at the ground sadly, she couldn't imagine Steve not being here. The blonde man quickly caught on and placed his hand over the girls, giving her a light reassuring squeeze.

"I'm trying to, what do you call it? That's an olive branch." Tony said as he sat down. "Is that what you call it?" He questioned looking towards Darla.

"You're extending an olive branch." She nodded with a soft smile as Steve's thumb ran over her knuckles.

"Is Pepper here? I didn't see her." Steve pointed out. Darla watched as Tony's smile dropped.

"We're kinda, well not kinda-"

"Pregnant?" Steve cut in but Darla shook her head and walked over to Tony.

Her arms wrapped around his shoulders and she hugged him tightly. Tony smiled gratefully and tapped the girls hands, which was his way of saying thank you.

"No. Definitely not. We're taking a break." Tony said, assuming that Darla's sympathy would have revealed it all to Steve. "It's nobody's fault."

"I'm so sorry, Tony. I didn't know." Steve said as Darla pulled away from Tony to sit back down beside Steve.

"A few years ago, I almost lost her, so I trashed all my suits. Then, we had to mop up HYDRA and then Ultron. My fault." He let go of a shaky breath. "And then, and then, and then, I never stopped. Because the truth is, I don't wanna stop." He paused. "I don't wanna lose her."

Steve couldn't help but look over to Darla, he didn't know what he would do if he lost her. He didn't know how he would cope.

"I thought maybe the Accords could split the difference." He sighed standing up. "In her defence, I'm a handful."

"Indeed you are." Darla quickly added, causing the man to send a playful glare her way.

"Yet, Dad was a pain in the ass, but he and mom always made it work." Tony shrugged, hoping his break with Pepper wouldn't last forever.

Darla smiled sadly, she knew Pepper and Tony were good for each other. They just clicked. It made sense that they dated.

"I'm glad Howard got married." Steve spoke up. "I only knew him when he was young and single."

"Oh really? You two knew each other?" Tony turned around snappily. "He never mentioned that. Maybe only a thousand times. God, I hated you."