𝐈𝐈.𝐕𝐈

FIANCÉ

Steve lead the girl through the hospital, and over to the vending machine that Darla had hidden the USB stick inside off. The mans mouth fell agape once he realised it was no longer there.

Darla's eyes flickered to the reflection of Natasha behind them. She popped her chewing gum, making Darla grabbed one arm and Steve the other as they pushed her into an empty room.

"Where is it?" Steve questioned angrily as he pulled down his hood.

"Safe." Natasha answered vaguely.

"Do better." Darla said as she stood directly in front of the red head.

"Where did you get it?" Natasha quizzed. Her eyes flickering up and down Darla's face, hoping she would open up to her.

"Why would we tell you?" Steve questioned over Darla's shoulder.

"Fury gave it to you. Why?" Natasha said as she pieced the information together.

"What's on it?" Darla asked furrowing her brows. Once again, the voices had stopped.

"I don't know." Natasha shrugged.

"Stop lying." Darla snapped as she pinned Natasha against the wall. She couldn't help but let her eyes flicker up and down the girl, trying to read her body langue.

"I only act like I know everything, D." Natasha responded.

Steve looked around anxiously.

"I bet you knew Fury hired the pirates didn't you?"

"Well, it makes sense. The ship was dirty. Fury needed a way in, so do you." Natasha's mouth fell agape at the previous accusation.

"I'm not gonna have him ask you again." Darla snapped. Her jaw tightening.

"I know who killed Fury." Natasha muttered and with that Darla let go of the red head. "Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists. The ones that do, call him the Winter Soldier. He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last fifty years."

"So he's a ghost story?" Steve asked as he pulled Darla back slightly.

"Five years ago I was escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran. Somebody shot out my tired head Odessa. We lost control, went straight over a cliff. I pulled us out. But the Winter Soldier was there. I was covering my engineer so he shot him straight through me." Natasha said lifting her shirt and revealing her scar. "Soviet slug. No rifling. Bye bye bikinis."

Darla chuckled.

"Yeah I bet you look awful in them now." Her eyes flickered up and down Natasha body and pursed her lips.

Natasha let out a small laugh,

"Going after him is a dead end. I know, I've tried. Like you've said, he's a ghost story." She handed Darla the USB stick.

"Well, let's find out what the ghost wants." Steve nodded.

~

Natasha had the three all change into different outfits as a disguise, which Darla hated as the red head had picked her out some high waisted shorts and an oversized hoodie.

Steve wore a grey tip with a blue zip up and a khaki jacket with a pair of glasses and a black hat. Nat wore a grey stripped hoodie and a grey jacket.

"Why do I get the most revealing outfit?" Darla questioned as she looked down at herself. She looked as if she wasn't wearing anything but the hoodie.

"Because you're the hottest." Natasha shrugged with a smirk, making Darla blush.

"Shut up." She chuckled, lightly shoving Natasha back.

"First rule of going on the run is don't run, walk." Natasha instructed as they walked through the mall.

"If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off." Steve muttered as he looked down at his nike shoes.

Natasha had lead the three to the apple store and made her way to a computer.

"The drive had a level six homing program, so as soon as we boot up, SHIELD will know exactly where we are."

"How much time will we have?" Steve questioned as he hovered over Natasha's shoulder.

"About nine minutes from now." She said as she inserted the USB stick. "Fury was right about that ship. Somebody's trying to hide something. This drive is protected by some sort of AI." Darla anxiously looked around, hoping that no SHIELD agents would find them. "It keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands."

"Can you override it?" Darla questioned curiously.

"The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me." Natasha paused. "Slightly. I'm gonna try running a tracer. This is a program that SHIELD developed to track hostile malware, so if we can't read the file, maybe we can find out where it came from."

"Can I help you guys with anything?" A store worker, Aaron, questioned as he walked over to the three.

Darla's eyes widened and she stepped in,

"Oh no, my maid of honour was just helping me and my fiancé with some honeymoon destinations." She said as she wrapped her arms around Steve's torso.

"Right, we're getting married." Steve smiled placing a kiss on Darla's head to add to the act.

"Congratulations. Where are you guys thinking about going?" The man questioned.

Steve looked towards the map that Natasha had pulled up.

"New Jersey."

"Oh." Aaron nodded. The man looked at Steve with wide eyes. "I have the exact same glasses."

"Wow you two are practically twins." Natasha commented sarcastically, making Darla bite her bottom lip to hold in her laugh.

"Yeah, I wish. Specimen. If you guys need anything, I've been Aaron." Aaron said as he held up his name tag.

"You said nine minutes, come on." Steve said as he looked at his watch anxiously.

"Relax, she's got this." Darla said as she placed her hands on Natasha's shoulders and smiled. Darla had full faith in the red heads abilities.

"Got it." Natasha smirked.

"You know it?" Darla questioned as Steve narrowed his eyes at the location.

"I used to. Let's go." Steve said as he grabbed the USB stick.