𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

HOSPITAL

Darla ran through the corridors of the hospital. Fury had informed the blonde girl that Steve had been found and he was in fact alive.

She didn't care about how much pain she was in. She just needed to see the man. Darla burst through the door to see Sam sat beside Steve's bed.

"I'll give you two a minute." Sam said as he excused himself.

"You-I swear to God-I-I thought you were dead." Darla stuttered over her words. She wasn't quite sure what to say. Steve motioned for the girl to come closer, so she took a seat on his bed.

"It's okay, I'm right here." Steve whispered as he linked their hands together. "I'm not going anywhere."

"You best not. Cause I need you." She brought his hand up to her lips and placed a soft kiss on his knuckles.

Steve chuckled and remembered how when Darla was in hospital, he did the exact same thing. Steve took his as his opportunity to cup the girls cheeks. His thumb twanged her bottom lip slightly.

"I'd never leave you." He muttered with a soft smile. "Come here." He shuffled up the bed slightly and allowed Darla to lay beside him. He held the girl tightly and rested his head against hers.

She couldn't help but smile at the sense of safety that he brought her.

Steve's eyes flickered down to her split knuckles. He had been in hospital a few weeks, so all her cuts and bruises should have healed.

However they were all fresh.

Darla sighed noticing that his eyes were on her knuckles.

"It was a rough couple of weeks." She whispered. "I thought you were dead. Nobody told me that you were in here. So, I had a bit of a violent outburst." She whispered shamefully.

For the past three weeks she had been locked up, at her own request. She would much rather hurt herself than anyone else. So she had Fury lock her up and only let her out when he felt she was ready.

Steve placed a longing kiss on the girls temple. He hated knowing that he caused her self destruction.

"I'm sorry, baby." He whispered into her hair. "But I'm here now."

~

After the pair left the hospital, they headed over to Fury's grave. Sam had joined them again.

Darla hadn't left Steve's side in fear that he wouldn't return. That she would loose him.

"So, you've experience this sort of thing before." Fury said as he walked up to the three. He wore a big black hoodie that covered his face and sunglasses.

"You get used to it." Steve responded.

Darla's eyes flickered down to the grave. She wondered what it would feel like to look down at her own grave.

"We've been data mining HYDRA's files. Looks like a lot of rats didn't go down with the ship. I'm headed to Europe tonight. Wanted to ask if you'd come."

"There's something I got to do first." Steve announced, making Darla pull away from him. Steve didn't miss the way she tried to move, so his grip on her hand tightened, silently telling her that he wouldn't stop seeing her.

"Darla?" Fury turned to the girl.

She couldn't go to Europe, she wouldn't leave her family. But that also meant that she wouldn't be seeing Steve for who knows how long. Darla shook her head no.

"How about you Wilson? Could use a man with your abilities." Fury looked towards the man.

"I'm more of a soldier than a spy." Sam said as he kindly declined the offer.

"Alright then." Fury nodded as he shook the three's hands. "Anybody asks for me, tell them they can find me, right here."

"What if I need you?" Darla whispered shyly. Fury smiled at the girl, he pulled her into his chest, which was what she was least expecting.

"Then I'll be right here." He whispered. Fury had a particular fondness for the girl.

"You should be honoured. That's about as close as he gets to saying thank you." Natasha spoke up as Darla pulled away from Fury.

"Not going with him?" Steve questioned.

"No." Natasha shook her head.

"Not staying here?" Darla asked curiously. She knew Natasha better than that.

"Nah." Natasha said with a soft smile. "I blew all my covers, I got to go figure out a new one."

"That might take a while." Steve uttered.

"I'm counting on it." Natasha chuckled. "That thing you asked for, I called in a few favours from Kiev." She handed Steve a file. "Will you do me a favour?"

Steve furrowed his brows as Natasha leant up and whispered in his ear.

"Go on a date with her." She placed a light kiss on the mans cheek before turning to her best friend. "Come here you."

Natasha opened up her arms and allowed Darla to run into them. Natasha held the girl tightly.

"I'll miss you, Nat." Darla whispered.

"You'll be too busy to miss me." Natasha smirked as her eyes flickered to Steve before she pulled away from Darla. "Now, remember to tell Briar that if he misses me at any point, to call."

"I'm not letting you hook up with my brother." Darla chuckled as she stepped back and stood beside Steve.

"Shame." The red head pouted and turned on her heel to walk away. "Be careful Steve. You might not want to pull on that thread."

Steve looked down at the file and opened it. His eyes immediately flickering to the photo at the bottom of Bucky in his uniform.

"You're going after him?" Sam questioned.

"You don't have to come with me." Steve muttered.

"I know." Sam paused. "When do we start?"

Darla looked across to Steve. Both of them knew that she needed to go home to her family. Both of them knew that this was once again, another goodbye.