𝐕𝐈.𝐈𝐗

OFFICIAL

Darla pulled her bathrobe tighter around her body as she walked through the hallways of the Avengers compound.

She had just been to visit Briar, he had asked to see her. He wanted to ask her if it was okay to start officially dating Natasha. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable if it was an issue.

"You're still up?" Steve questioned as he noticed the girl pacing around the halls.

"I just visited Briar." Darla spoke up, his eyes flickering up to Steve. He nodded and waited for her to continue. "He asked me if he could date Nat."

"What did you say?" Steve stepped closer to the girl, he brought his hand up to push some of her hair behind her ear.

"I told him that I'd love nothing more." Darla responded. She wanted nothing more than for her brother and best friend to be happy.

"So, what's the issue?" Steve questioned, he could tell that something was still on her mind.

Darla anxiously chewed her bottom lip and let out a shaky breath before saying,

"It's nearly been five years, Cap, since everyone disappears, it feels like I'm betraying them if I move on."

Steve sighed and pulled the girl into his chest. His hand cupping the back of her head as she gripped onto his shirt tightly.

"You're not betraying anyone by moving on with your life, baby. They wouldn't be mad, they'd be happy for you." Steve attempted to reassure the girl.

Darla pulled away and tilted her head back to look at the man. His eyes sparkled in the dimly lit hallways and a small smile formed on his face.

"I want to marry you." Darla blurted out. Last year she found the engagement ring, but ever since they nothing had been said. Steve's lips parted slightly, but no words came out, so Darla continue. "I want to be your wife. I want to raise a family with you. I want to make everyone proud. I love you Steve, and I want to be with you until our last dying breaths."

"You found the ring?" He questioned, making Darla nod. "I should've known that I can't keep anything from you."

"Honestly, you can't. I'll find out one way or another. Whether that be the voices or just natural skill." She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and her fingers threaded through his hair.

Steve couldn't help but smile down at the girl. This was everything he ever wanted. Darla made him incredibly happy, probably the happiest he's ever been.

"So, Captain." Darla whispered as she stood on her tip toes, so their lips were only centimetres apart. "What do you say? Do you want to marry me?"

"Go to the bedroom." Steve ordered, making Darla raise her brows.

"Excuse me?" Darla questioned cockily.

"Captains orders." Steve smirked, making Darla salute and run into their bedroom.

Darla jumped onto the bed and waited for Steve to come in. She anxiously chewed her bottom lip as the man walked in. He didn't even say anything, instead he walked over to the desk and pulled out the small velvet box.

Steve got down on one knee and opened the box, he looked up to the girl and said,

"Darla Dyer, I have loved you since I laid my eyes on you. From that very moment in the gym, I knew you were the one for me." Steve cracked a smile as he watched Darla's eyes water. "You have been with me through everything, from being my fake fiancé, to hopefully my real one."

Darla chuckled at the memory, they were on the run from HYDRA. Natasha was their fake maid of honour and they were searching for a honey moon destination.

"I remember the time where I was the only one who could touch you without getting shocked. Tony said it was because it was a genuine kind of love."

A grin formed on the man's face, that was the first time anyone had said it out loud beside himself. That he loved the girl sat in front of him.

"We took years to get to where we are now, baby. But I would do it all again just to be beside you. Just to be down on one knee asking you to be my wife." Steve paused anxiously. "So, Darla Dyer, will you do me the honour of marrying me?"

Darla had tears streaming down her face as she looked at the man. She was completely starstruck. Her heart was racing and the smile on her face was uncontrollable.

"Yes." She whispered. "Yes." She repeated standing up. "Yes a million times over." Darla let out a small giggle as Steve placed the diamond ring on her finger and picked the girl up, spinning her around.

His hands linked under her thighs as she wrapped her legs around his torso. She pressed her lips against his whilst her fingers ran through his hair, pulling him as close as possible.

Steve slowly lowered the girl down onto the bed, using his hands to hover above her. His fingers trailed down her body and swiftly pulled at the belt of her bathrobe, revealing her shorts and pyjama top.

He pulled away from the girl and slowly began to kiss down her jaw, towards her neck. Making sure to leave hickeys as he did so. He heard the girls breath hitch and she tugged on his hair.

"Steve." She moaned, making his eyes flicker up to her. "Please."

"Please what, baby?" Steve questioned as his fingers trialled up and down her thighs.

"Do something." She begged.