𝐈𝐕. 𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

PLEDGE

Darla ran along side Bucky and Steve towards the jet, it was just in sight as Vision made the building above them collapse.

"Red!" Darla shouted, making Wanda used her powers to hold up the building. Darla heard Wanda scream and turned back.

"Darla." Steve shouted reaching out for her, but she blasted him and Bucky back just in time, before the building blocked off the entrance to the jet.

"I can't leave her there." Darla whispered, even though she knew he wouldn't be able to hear her. "I'm sorry."

The blonde ran over to Wanda, pulling her up from the ground and helping her stand up.

"You didn't leave?" Wanda questioned once she realised it was Darla holding onto her.

"Not without you." Darla smiled as she watched Scott collapse and return back to his normal size.

"Does anyone have any orange slices?" Scott questioned over the comms, making Darla let out a half hearted laugh. Her eyes widened as she watched Spider-man fall to the ground.

"I'll be back." She said as she left Wanda and ran over to the young boy, panicked that he wasn't oaky.

It seemed as if Tony had the same idea as now they were both stood staring at the boy, waiting for him to move.

"Kid, you alright?" Tony questioned kneeling down beside him. Peter clenched his fists, swinging for Tony. "Same side. Guess who, it's me."

"And me." Darla looked over Tony's shoulder and down at Peter. "I thought I told you to stay down ages ago."

"You're done, alright?" Tony said pointing to the boy. "You did a good job. Stay down."

"I'm good. I'm fine." Peter tried to reassure the man that he was okay. "I gotta get him back."

"You're going home or I'll call Aunt May." Tony shouted pointing at the younger boy. "You're done."

"Tony wait." Darla shouted as he walked away from the boy. Tony clenched his jaw but decided to give the girl a minute of his time. "Bucky didn't do it. It wasn't his fault." She walked up to him. "You need to believe Steve and everything he's sayin-"

Darla didn't get to finish what she was saying as Tony took off flying after the jet that Steve and Bucky were in.

"Steve." Darla spoke up over the comms. "They're coming up for you, don't turn back, don't hesitate. Just go."

"We can come back for you." Steve hated the idea of leaving the girl behind.

"No. Don't you dare." Darla snapped as she looked up at the jet. "Stay the course." With that she turned off her comms and watched as they flew away.

"RHODEY!" Darla fell to the floor clutching her head in a agony. The blondes watched Rhodey hurtle towards the ground after Vision accidentally struck him. "Samuel?"

"He's alive." He responded. "I'm sorry." He looked towards Tony, only for Tony to blast him backward.

~

Steve sat in complete silence as he drove the jet, he hated that he left her behind. He hated that he didn't go back for her.

"What's gonna happen to your friends?" Bucky questioned, speaking up for the first time.

Steve let out a long sigh before saying,

"Whatever it is, I'll deal with it."

"I don't know if I'm worth all this, Steve. You left your girl behind to help me." Bucky thought back to Darla.

"She's not my girl." Steve responded sadly, desperately wishing that he could call her his. "What you did all those years ago, it wasn't you. You didn't have a choice."

"I know." Bucky allowed a half smile to form on his face. "But I did it." Bucky paused for a minute, his brows furrowing. "Wait. She's not your girl?"

"No, unfortunately she's not." Steve uttered back.

"Have you not seen the way she looks at you?" Bucky questioned still in a slight state of shock. "She looks at you like-"

"She's got a boyfriend, Buck." Steve reminded the boy.

"Oh yeah, Mateo. I wouldn't worry about him." Bucky scoffed in response, rolling his eyes. Steve looked at the man confused. "He works for HYDRA."

"He worked. So did Wanda-"

"No, no, Steve." Bucky shook his head. "He still works for them, I heard him pledge his allegiance to them. He wouldn't leave them when he willing joined them now would he?" Bucky paused. "He was on the winter soldier project with me, he was one of my doctors but also one of their experiments."

"What?" Steve almost turned the jet around at those words.

"She's knows Steve. She knows that he works for HYDRA, she's playing him." Bucky chuckled. "She loves you, man. You should have seen how upset she was when you kissed that girl in front of her."

"Sharon." Steve let out a heavy sigh. "What have I done?"