𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐈𝐈

SOLDIER

"HYDRA doesn't like leaks." Sitwell said as Sam drove them down the highway.

"Then why don't you try sticking a cork in it?" Sam questioned. The five of them were all squished together in the car. Sam was driving, Steve rode shot gun and Sitwell, Natasha and Darla were all crammed in the back seats.

"Insight's laughing in 16 hours. We're cutting it a little bit close here." Natasha said as she popped her head through the two front seats.

"I know. We'll just him to bypass the DNA scans and access the helicarriers directly." Steve stated calmly.

"What? Are you crazy?" Sitwell questioned snappily. "That is a terrible, terrible idea." He continued as there was a loud thud on the roof of the car and the window where Sitwell was smashed. He was pulled from the car and thrown across the highway.

Darla's eyes widened as she heard the cock of a gun. She pushed Natasha down, so she was hidden and climbed into the front seat. She grabbed Steve's head and managed to move them both before a bullet was fired their way.

Sam swerved to avoid the gunfire as Steve grabbed the gear shift and put the breaks on, sending the man flying forward. Darla's mouth parted as she watched the man with the metal arm stand back up.

Natasha sat up and looked between the three. Just as she pulled out a gun, a car slammed into the back of them.

Bucky jumped onto the rooftop of the car, making Sam slam his breaks on and Natasha lose her gun. The red head groaned but tried her hardest to find her gun.

"Holy fuck. We're gonna die." Darla muttered as Bucky put his hand through the front screen and ripped out the wheel.

"Shit." Sam muttered as Natasha began firing her gun.

"I really hope you have a good insurance." Darla whispered to Sam, who gave her a blank look.

"Oh thanks Mrs America, you can cover this one." Sam muttered back sarcastically.

The car behind kept slamming into the back of Sam's car, making it spin out of control. Darla gripped onto Steve's shirt tightly.

"Hang on." Steve shouted as he grabbed his shield. He grabbed onto the three and pulled them out of the car with him. They scraped against the road as the car flipped over them. Somewhere along the way, both Sam and Natasha had rolled off, leaving just her and Steve.

Darla stood up and scanned the road for the red head and Sam. She offered them a small smile once she saw that they were both okay.

Steve pushed Darla away from the blast that was heading their way from Bucky as he ducked and hid behind his shield, sending him flying backwards.

"STEVE." Darla gasped and ran to the edge of the highway to see if she could find the man. She hid behind a car once she heard the bullets being fired.

She pulled the gun out of her waist band and began to fire back at the men.

"SAM?"  She shouted, not being able to locate the man. "Where are you?"

"Behind the grey car." Sam shouted back. Darla quickly made her way to the man, knowing he had no weapon on him so he was completely defenceless. Bullets continued being fired, making the three duck and dive around every corner.

Bucky pulled out his gun and fired at Natasha twice, causing two major explosions and for Natasha to become missing.

"Fuck." Darla uttered as she loaded in her last clip. "So fucking dead." She muttered as she carefully aimed her gun and fired towards the winter soldier, which clearly didn't sit right with him as he pulled out his machine gun and rapidly fired at her and Sam.

"Are you saying that as someone who hears the voices in her head or as someone who's scared?" Sam questioned in a state of panic. He had heard a lot about the girl from Steve.

"Both?" She shrugged. Darla looked over the car, two men made their way towards her and Sam, the others were no where to be seen. "How are you with hand to hand?"

"Pretty good." Sam said confidently. Darla pulled a knife from her back pocket and handed it to the man.

"Let's go." She smirked and ran out at the men.

Darla snook up behind the man and kicked the back of his knee making him buckle. She kicked his back and watched as he face planted the floor. The blonde couldn't help but let out a small chuckle.

"That was too easy." She muttered, grabbing his gun. Her eyes flickered to Sam who just pushed the man over the edge of the highway and grabbed his gun.

Darla patted his chest proudly and looked down to see Steve ducking behind his shield. She was glad he was okay. She pulled the trigger and shot both of the men shooting at Steve.

"Go, we got this." Darla shouted as Steve looked up at her thankfully. Natasha needed his help more than Darla or Sam did. She just hoped the pair would be okay.

"Go help them." Sam insisted. "I'll be alright." He nodded.

Darla jumped down from the highway and landed on top of a car bonnet, she sprinted through the street to where she last saw Steve and Natasha.

The blonde girl laid eyes on Natasha, who was clutching at her shoulder.

"Are you okay?" She questioned as she noticed the blood seeping through her shirt.

"Fine. I'm fine." Natasha insisted. "He needs you more."

Darla's eyes flickered over to Steve, who was just thrown back by Bucky. Darla shot at the man, but it made no difference, only diverted his attention for a minute so that Steve could stand back up.

The blonde girl jumped onto the winter soldiers back and managed to grabbed the knife from his grip. Bucky grabbed the girls legs and threw her off of him and into the side of a van.

"Dick." She muttered, rolling her head along her shoulders slightly hoping it would dull the ache.

Steve grabbed Bucky and threw him down before grabbing his shield. His eyes flickered to Darla quickly, who was standing back up.

She threw her spare blade at him, which landed in his good arm, making him wince. Steve jammed his shield into the metal arm before slamming it into his face and throwing him once again. This time, taking off his mask and revealing his true self to the pair.

Steve was in a state of shock once he saw the man staring straight back at him.

"Bucky?"

"Who the hell is Bucky?" The winter soldier questioned with furrowed brows as he pulled out a gun and aimed it at Steve.

Sam swooped in and kicked the man over, making Darla smile at him proudly. Bucky aimed his gun at Darla and pulled the trigger, making Natasha launch a grenade at him, making Bucky disappear and a bunch of SHIELD cars show up and surround them. Darla grabbed her torso and let out a hiss in pain.

"Drop the shield, Cap.  Get on your knees." Shouted Rumlow. Darla reluctantly dropped to her knee's beside Steve. Guns were pressed against both Steve and Darla's heads. "Put the guns down." Rumlow ordered once he noticed the new's reporters helicopter. "Not here. Not here."

Darla looked towards Steve who didn't even try to put up a fight. She wasn't sure if he knew that he was out manned or if he was still in shock from seeing his supposedly dead best friend.