𝐕.𝐕

STONE

Darla walked in hand in hand with Steve to the office that Rhodey stood in, he was currently taking to the Secretary.

"Mr Secretary." Steve nodded as he saw the hologram projection of the man.

"You got some nerve." Ross spoke as he looked at the group, angered by their appearance. "I'll give you that."

"You could use some of that right now." Natasha cut in. 

"The worlds on fire." Ross tutted. "And you think all is forgiven?"

"I'm not looking for forgiveness." Steve gave Darla's hand a light squeeze. "And I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight." Steve took a step down. "And if you wanna stand in our way, we'll fight you too."

Secretary Ross turned to Rhodey before saying,

"Arrest them."

"All over it." Rhodey responded, nodding towards Darla, who instantly cut the call out. "That's a court-martial. It's great to see you, Cap." Rhodey walked forward with his hand extended.

"You too, Rhodey." Steve smiled widely as he shook the man's hand.

"Hey." Rhodey smiled as Darla jumped down from the step and into the man's arms. She pulled away, allowing Steve to grab her waist and pull her back into his chest, whilst Natasha hugged Rhodey. "Wow, you guys really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple of years."

"Yeah well the hotels weren't exactly five star." Sam muttered disappointedly.

"But we made it work." Darla grinned, looking up to Steve. The past two years could have been better, but she wouldn't change them for anything.

"Uh, I think you look great." Bruce spoke up, making his presence known. He let out an anxious chuckle as everyone turned to look at him. "Yeah, I'm back."

"Hi Bruce." Natasha smiled.

"Nat." Bruce spoke up after a minute of silence.

"This is awkward." Sam muttered, earning a small glare from Darla.

~

"So, we gotta assume they're coming back right?" Rhodey questioned as he looked at the hologram of Proxima and Corvus.

"And they can clearly find us." Wanda added.

"We need all hands on deck. Where's Clint?" Bruce questioned.

"After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal, it was too tough on their families. They're on house arrest." Natasha explained.

"They put Clint and Scott on house arrest? I wonder how that's working out for them." Darla questioned softly.

"Who's Scott?" Bruce furrowed his brows.

"Ant man." Steve cut in, his fingers lightly tapping against the girls waist.

Darla tilted her head to look up at the man. He flashed her a warm smile, causing her heart to skip a beat.

"There's an Ant man and a spider man?" Bruce questioned in shock, making Darla chuckle.

"Okay, look, Thanos has the biggest army in the universe, and he is not gonna stop until he gets," Bruce paused. "Vision's stone."

"Then we have to protect it." Natasha spoke up, as if it was the only obvious answer.

"No, we have to destroy it." Vision corrected as he leant against the wall. "I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head. About its nature. But also it's composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficient powerful energy source," Vision turned to face Wanda. "something very similar to its own signature, perhaps its molecular integrity could fail."

"Yeah and you with it." Wanda added. "We're not having this conversation." She instantly shut him down. Nobody wanted to lose Vision, least of all Wanda.

"Eliminations the shine is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it." Vision whispered softly.

Darla looked up to Steve, we're they really thinking about this? There surly had to be another way. Steve sadly smile down at the girl, placing a kiss on her head.

"That's too high a price." Wanda shook her head again.

"Only you have the power to pay it." Vision said as he cupped Wanda's cheeks. Wanda pulled away from Vision and turned her back to everyone. "Thanos threatens half the universe. One life cannot stand in the way of defeating him."

"But it should." Steve cut in. "We don't trade lives, Vision."

"Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life to save how many millions of people?" Vision questioned walking over to the man. "Tell me, why is this any different?"

"Because you might have a choice." Bruce spoke up before Steve could answer. "Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays. Jarvis, Ultron, Tony, me, the stone."

Darla looked at the ground guilty, she hadn't spoken to Tony in two years. But still he made sure that her family were well provided for, she needed to thank him for that.

"All of the mixed together, all of them learning from one another."

"You're saying that Vision isn't just the stone?" Wanda questioned.

"I'm saying that if we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of Vision left. Perhaps the best parts." Continued Bruce.

"Can we do that?" Natasha questioned.

"Not me, not here." Bruce shook his head.

Darla smiled looking up to Steve, knowing what he was going to think.

"Well, you better find someone and somewhere fast." Rhodey said. "Ross isn't just gonna let you guys have your old rooms back."

"I think it's time we pay Bucky a visit." Darla whispered to Steve with a grin.

"We know somewhere." Steve added, his chin resting on top of Darla's head.

"Wakanda here we come." Darla clapped her hands together with a smile.