𝐕𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

PETER

Everyone let go of a loud battle cry as they ran towards Thanos and his army. All of them were prepared for one last fight against him.

Darla fired as many blasts as she could towards the chitauri, killing them almost instantly with the power of her blasts.

She can't say that she missed fighting against them, they weren't exactly easy to take down. Her eyes flickered towards Peter, who ran over to Tony and helped him up. Darla rushed over to the pair, smiling towards Peter, she was glad that he was okay.

"Hey. Holy cow! You will not believe what's been going on. Do you remember when we were in space? And I got all dusty? I must've passed out, Because I woke up, and you were gone. But Doctor Strange was there, right?" Peter rambled, completely unaware of his surroundings.

Tony smiled at the boy, it had been five years and he hadn't changed a bit, not that he really expected him too. Darla chuckled and wrapped her arms around Peter.

Peter smiled in response, hugging the girl back. They hadn't ever been close, especially not since she went on the run with Steve back in 2016, but it felt nice that she was hugging him.

"He was like, 'It's been five years. Come on, they need us.' And then he started doing the yellow sparkly thing that he does all the time-" Peter continued rambling but tightly hugged the girl.

Tony smiled at the two of them, they were like his children. They meant so much to him. He couldn't help it, he just wrapped his arms around the pair of them and held them tightly.

"What are you doing?" Peter questioned as he rested his head on Tony's shoulder, enjoying the hug that Tony and Darla was giving him.

"We missed you Pete." Darla whispered as a singular tear rolled down her cheek. She couldn't wait to see her family again, now that she had all her friends back. After the fight that was where she was going, to see her family.

"Oh, this is nice." Peter chuckled softly.

"Hey, kid, give us a minute?" Tony questioned pulling away from Peter and placing his hand on his shoulder. Peter nodded with a smile saying,

"Got bad guys to defeat, I'll see you out there." He pointed towards Darla with a boyish grin.

Tony let go of a heavy sigh as he looked towards Darla whilst Peter went back to join the fight. He ran his hand over his face as asked the questioned that he most dreaded,

"You know what's gonna happen?"

"I do." Darla scrunched her nose up to prevent herself from tearing up. "If it goes the way it's supposed to, we win."

Tony nodded understandingly, his eyes flickered over to Peter who was just thrown back by a chitauri, he had to bite down on his bottom lip to prevent himself from laughing at Peter's scream.

"Tell me one thing?" Tony asked, causing Darla to hum in response.

Tony knew that he could ask for much, she wasn't allowed to tell him what happened incase it messed everything up, which he understood. All he wanted to know was one thing,

"Is he going to be okay?" Tony knew that she wouldn't admit anything about herself, but she might do with Peter.

Darla hesitated for a moment, she closed her eyes and focused on what the voices were saying.

"Few cuts and bruises, nothing that won't heal. The emotional pain will be the worst. But he'll have people who he loves surrounding and supporting him." Darla attempted to reassure the man, knowing exactly what events were going to play out.

Tony smiled thankfully, he was glad that Peter was going to make it out of the battle alive. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if anything happened to him.

"Hey, kid?" Tony placed his hand on Darla's bicep, gaining her full attention despite the chaos surrounding them. "I see you like a daughter, you know that right?"

"I know, I see you like a dad." Darla responded honestly as Tony pulled her in for another hug.

She didn't know if Tony knew what was going to happen. And she would hate it if he did, she couldn't imagine how much pain he would be in if he did.

"I love you, Tony." She whispered into his chest.

"I love you too."