𝐕𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈

FUNERAL

'80%'

Darla sat beside Morgan, the young girl rested her head on the blonde's bicep. Steve stood behind them, his hand resting on Darla's shoulder.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited," Tony spoke.

Darla looked around the room, these people she called her family. Her siblings were all stood at the back of the room, all holding one another as they shed a few tears.

"I hope we get it back, and something like a normal version of the planet has been restored. If there ever was such a thing. God, what a world. Universe, now." Tony chuckled, looking around. It felt as if he was actually in the room, talking to them, but in reality it was just a projection.

The girl placed her hand over Steve's and smiled up to him, this day was hard for them all. She noticed that his eyes were red and stung with unshed tears. Part of her knew that he blames himself for Tony's death.

"If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone, you know, to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised. But come on, you know? The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play." Tony shrugged. "And, for better or worse, that's the reality Morgan's gonna have to find a way to grow up in."

Darla placed a soft kiss on Morgan's temple as the small brunette shuffled closer to her. She couldn't imagine how hard this must be for Morgan, seeing her dad whilst attending his funeral.

"So I thought I'd probably better record a little greeting. In the case of an untimely death on my part. I mean, not that, death at any time isn't untimely. This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow, it's– it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. That's the thing. Then again, that's the hero gig. Part of the journey is the end."

Darla was so proud of the man, he did everything for them, he risked everything. He gave up his life for everyone to have their family back. She just wished she could have done more. Tony stood up and walked towards the camera saying,

"What am I even trippin' for? Everything's gonna work out exactly the way it's supposed to." He leant down and it was almost as if he was looking directly at Morgan. "I love you 3,000."

Morgan clung onto Darla, burying her head into her neck. Darla held the girl tightly as she cried. Darla placed her hand over Pepper's and offered her a heart broken smile.

'70%'

Darla slowly stood up, holding Morgan in her arms as Pepper led them towards the outside of the cottage. Steve rested his hand on the small of the blonde's back, noticing how she seemed a little weaker than usual, but he didn't question it. He knew she hadn't really slept since the events so he just put it down to that.

Pepper carried the wreath outside and laid it on the lake. On top of the wreath was Tony's first arc reaction, engraved with 'proof that Tony Stark has a heart.'

Darla placed Morgan down and allowed Pepper to comfort her daughter whilst she stepped back into Steve's arms.

Steve wrapped his arms tightly around the girl as they watched the wreath float away. Everyone who had confronted to the funeral loved Tony. Darla reached her hand out for Peter, offering him a small sympathetic smile as she did so.

She turned around and noticed Nick Fury stood in the shadows, she offered him a small wave. She hadn't seen him in years to say that the two used to be fairly close. He gave her a small nod back in response.

"Is that Harley?" Darla questioned as she pulled away from Steve to walk over to the now teenage boy.

She had only met him once, but that was years ago. Truthfully, she didn't expect to see him here today. Darla stumbled and quickly gripped onto Steve's bicep for support. She closed her eyes and let go of a shaky breath.

"Are you okay?" Steve questioned worriedly, causing the girl to nod in response and head over to Harley.

"Hey stranger." She smiled linking her arm with his and resting her head on his shoulder. "You got taller."

Harley chuckled softly, the only time that he met Darla she had commented on his height. He had to remind her that at the time he was only 10, so he wasn't exactly going to be a giant.

"Look who's small now." He muttered resting his head on hers and closing his eyes. He felt like a bit of an outcast at the funeral, he didn't know any of Tony's friends, all except Darla.

"He cared about you, Kid. He made sure to keep tabs on you and make sure that you were safe and in school." Darla explained to the boy.

Tony had kept a close eye on Harley over the years. Darla had asked him repeatedly why he didn't stay in contact or adopt the boy, but all Tony said in response was that he wouldn't make a good dad. Little did he know how wrong he was about that.

"I know." Harley nodded. "He wasn't exactly subtle about it."

'60%'