𝐈.𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

EXHAUSTED

Darla was growing tired, her muscles ached and the voices were back. But she wasn't going to stop, not when people's lives were at risk and she could do something to help.

Natasha noticed that the blonde girl was becoming more exhausted, as was everyone else. A Chitauri was coming up behind Darla, whilst she was fighting another Chitauri. Natasha jumped up on the Chitauri that was lunging for Darla. She electrocuted the Chitauri, instantly killing it.

Darla turned around in shock.

"Thank you." She whispered towards the red headed girl.

Darla span around and point her gun at the the man who had just jumped down. She let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding once she saw Steve.

Steve's eyes flickered over Darla, she was covered in blood, which made him wonder how much of it was her own. Her knuckles were split and her clothing was ripped. But she was alive.

"Captain, none of this is going to mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal." Natasha spoke up as she sat on the bonnet of the car, finally having a small rest.

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it." Steve said as he looked up at the portal.

"Well, maybe it's not about guns." Natasha whispered.

"You're going to need a ride up there Nat." Darla motioned to the Chitauri's on their jets. Natasha smirked, knowing that the girl had caught onto what she was already planning to do.

"I could use a boost though." Natasha shouted to Steve.

"Are you sure about this?" Steve questioned as the grip on his shield tightened.

"Yeah. It's gonna be fun." The red head shrugged. Although she sounded uncertain. Natasha looked over to the blonde girl who gave her a reassuring nod.

Natasha ran and jumped onto the car bonnet then onto Steve's shield and into their air. She gripped onto the Chitauri's jet, leaving both Darla and Steve in awe.

Darla dodged a blast from the Chitauri that were still surrounding her and Steve.

"You ready for this?" She questioned the man.

"I was born ready." He chuckled cockily, throwing his shield around and taking out three Chitauri.

Darla jumped up and slammed her fist down on the Chitauri. They stumbled back slightly, giving her time to take out another Chitauri. She grabbed both of their heads and slammed them together before taking a quick look at Steve to make sure he was okay.

Tony had helped him kill the remainder of the Chitauri before flying off towards Clint.

"I hated my mom for putting me in martial arts with my siblings, now, I'm kind of grateful." Darla chuckled to herself.

"Captain, Darla, the bank on 42nd past Madison. They've cornered a lot of civilian's in there." Clint said over the comms.

"We're on it." Steve nodded as the pair headed over to the bank. "You get them out, I'll take care of the Chitauri."

Darla nodded and ran into the bank.

"Everyone this way, let's go." She shouted to the civilians as Steve fought against the Chitauri. "Move it people come on." She shouted as they barely moved an inch.

Darla's eyes flickered around the room, her heart began to race as she heard the beeping get louder.

"EVERYONE GET DOWN." Darla crouched down and covered her head as the bomb exploded.

The police slowly escorted everyone out, including Darla. Her eyes flickered over to Steve who was looking down to the floor guiltily.

"Cap?" She whispered as she placed her hand on his bicep. "Are you okay?"

"I should have got that bomb out. I should hav-"

"Steve. You did all you could. Nobody died, a few were injured but nobody died. You did the best you could and that was more than enough." She smiled towards the man. He nodded although he didn't forgive himself. "Now, people out there still need saving, so let's go soldier."

"Let's go." Steve nodded.

~

Darla was thrown back by a Chitauri. She was getting sick and tired of them. She hated that she couldn't predict their next move just because they weren't human. It didn't matter that she wasn't sober before, they were a different species, which certainly made fighting them a lot harder.

Her eyes flickered over to Steve, who she had lost once again in the battle. She scanned the streets of Manhattan trying to find him. But in doing so, broke her concentration and received a blast to the stomach from one of the Chitauri's guns.

"Fuck." She whispered in pain, clutching at her stomach. She pulled out her gun and shot the Chitauri in the back of the head. "Bitch."

She rolled on to her back and held her stomach. She lifted her hand and noticed the blood.

Tony's face fell as he noticed the girl on the floor. He almost went down, and if it wasn't for the nuclear bomb in his hands he would have.

"Clint. Get to Darla, she's hurt. Go now." Tony shouted and continued to fly towards the portal.

Clint nodded and ran over where Darla was laid on the floor, clutching at her stomach. By the time Clint had gotten to her, the voices were reacting the same thing.

'Tony is flying into the wormhole'

'Tony has a nuclear bomb'

"Hey kiddo." Clint applied pressure onto the wound. "You're okay."

"Is Tony alive?" Darla managed to whisper, her voice cracking slightly.

"He's alive. Let's get you up." Clint said as he picked the young blonde up bridal style. "We'll get you help, don't you worry. Just keep talking to me."

"Did we win?" She questioned resting her head on his chest. She felt so weak, so tried and drained.

"We won." Clint nodded as he carried her all the way to The Stark Tower.

Once inside he placed her down on a couch, which was seemingly untouched. Darla closed her eyes and let out a long breath.

"Darla?" Steve ran over to the injured girl. His hand instantly linked with hers. He pushed some of her hair out of her face and said, "You're going to be okay."

"I'm going to be okay." She nodded in agreement. "The second I get medical attention." She laughed, which caused her to wince in pain. "Let's not do that again." She whispered and rested her head on Steve's lap.