𝐕𝐈.𝐗𝐈𝐕

TIME-TRAVEL

"Okay, here we go. Time travel test number one. Scott, fire up the uhhh-" Bruce paused looking at the old rusty van. "the van thing."

Scott opens up the back doors of the van and reveals a portal.

"Breakers are set, emergency generators are on standby." Steve announced as he walked into the room.

Darla smirked as she watched Steve walk into the garage. She walked up to him, her arms wrapping around his shoulders and her lips connecting to his briefly.

"You look hot today." She whispered, he had his shirt sleeves rolled up, which was always a weakness of Darla's. Steve couldn't help but blush at the girls comment.

"Good. 'Cause if we blow the grid, I don't wanna lose Tiny here in the 1950's." Bruce pointed over to Scott.

"Excuse me?" Scott questioned panicked.

"He's kidding." Natasha smiled as Briar wrapped his arms around her waist. "You can't say things like that!"

"It was a bad joke." Bruce shrugged as Darla and Steve made their way over to them. Scott nodded and walked away.

"You were kidding, right?" Briar questioned curiously, wondering if they were gonna lose Scott.

"I have no idea. We're talking about time travel here. Either it's all a joke, or none of it is." Bruce whispered back a little harshly. He placed his thumb up to Scott and said, "We're good! Get your helmet on, Scott. I'm gonna send you back a week, let you walk around for an hour, then bring you back in 10 seconds. Makes sense?"

Darla looked up to Steve anxiously. If this worked, they could have the technology to bring everyone back. He pressed his lips against her temple, understanding her worry.

"Perfectly not confusing." Scott nodded dismissively.

"Good luck, Scott. You got this." Steve smiled encouragingly.

"You're right. I do, Captain America." Scott grinned as Bruce clicked a button and Scott disappeared into the Quantum Tunnel.

"On the count of three. 3, 2, 1!" Bruce pressed another button and Scott came back. Only as a teenager.

Briar stifled a laugh at the panicked look on young Scott's face.

"Uh, guys? This...this doesn't feel right." Young Scott uttered, causing Briar to double over with laughter.

"Best thing I've seen all year." Briar chuckle.

Darla could help but laugh at her brother's laughter. Briar always had an contagious laughter, she was unsure at how the others were staying so serious.

"What is this?" Steve questioned, his hand covering Darla's mouth to suppress her laughter.

"What's going on?" Bruce uttered as he clicked a few buttons.

"That...who is that?" She paused. "Is that Scott?"

"Yes, it's Scott!" Scott shouted but before he could say anything else, he got sucked back into the Quantum Tunnel and returned as an old man. "Ow. My back." Scott complained.

"I can't anymore." Briar laughed, wiping away his tears. "This is too good."

"What is this?"

"Can I get a little space here." Bruce requested. "Get him out, I can't concentrate."

"B, out you go." Natasha ordered, pointing towards the door. Briar pouted, so she connected their lips briefly and the man smiled before walking away.

"Yeah yeah. Can you bring him back?" Steve questioned as he pulled Darla away from Bruce.

"I'm working on it!" Bruce snapped. He tapped a few more buttons and this time Scott was brought back as a baby.

"It's a baby." Steve pointed out as Darla went to go and hold the baby.

"It's Scott." Bruce shrugged pointing at the bay in the suit.

"Can we keep him?" Darla questioned hopefully.

She turned to face Steve with a pleading expression. She looked up at him through her lashes and she clasped her hands together.

Steve allowed a smile to form on his face but he shook his head. Maybe one day, when all of this was over, they could start their own family.

"No. He's a baby!" Steve finally responded, his arms wrapping around the blondes shoulders and pulling her into his chest.

"He'll grow." Bruce shrugged dismissively.

"Bring Scott back!" Steve ordered.

"When I say kill the power, kill the power." Bruce pointed towards Natasha.

"Oh my god." Natasha's eyes widened panicking as he rushed towards the generator.

"I could just fry it." Darla suggested, earning a disapproving look from both men. "Or not, you're no fun." She pouted.

Bruce pressed a few buttons before looking over at Natasha and shouting,

"And... Kill it!"

Natasha pulled down the generators lever and everything shut down. Darla grabbed Steve's hand anxiously as Scott returned. At last, it was their Scott and not him as a baby, teen or old man.

"Somebody peed my pants." Scott uttered.

"Oh thank god." Natasha sighed in relief as her hand rested over her heart.

Briar rushed back in after hearing all the commotion. He wanted to know if everything was okay.

"But I don't know if it was 'baby' me or 'old' me" Scott paused, hesitating for a second before continuing to say, "Or just 'me' me."

"He turned into a baby. And I missed that?" Briar questioned, his hand covering his mouth so he didn't laugh again.

Natasha shot the man a playful glare before wrapping her arms around his shoulders and pressing her lips against his cheek.

"Time travel." Bruce shouted, extending his arms happily.

Steve just raised his brows, shaking his head. This was too much for him to comprehend. Darla chuckled, giving his hand a light squeeze as he went to walk away.

"What? I..I see this as an absolute win." Bruce smiled, but Steve let go of Darla's hand and walked away.

"I'll go check on him." Darla announced softly as she ran after the man she loved.