𝐕𝐈.𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

PROPOSAL

Steve brought his hand up to knock on Briar's bedroom door. Anxiety filled him but this was what he wanted. He shook his head and tried to ignore all the negative thoughts that were racing around in his head. He made a fist and knocked on the door.

"Come on in." Briar shouted. Steve let out a deep breath before walking into the room and closing the door behind him. "What's wrong?" Briar questioned, instantly sitting up. It wasn't like Steve visited him on the regular, only when he was concerned about Darla or if something had happened.

"I need to ask you something." Steve announced, his hands were shaking and his heart was racing. Briar nodded and waited for the man to continue.

"And I'm kinda anxious to ask so please don't laugh." Steve paced around the man's room. He ran his hand over his face before cracking his neck.

"Steve, sit down you're making me feel sea sick." Briar chuckled.

Steve nodded and sat down in front of Briar. The brown hair flopped in front of his eyes, it was early morning so he hadn't had a chance to do his hair, or even leave the bed.

"I would like to ask you for permission to marry your sister."

Briar didn't mean to, but he let out an audible gasp. His hand slapped over his mouth and his eyes widened.

"Oh God, I've done it now. You're going to say no aren't you?" Steve panicked and stood up, instantly going to pace around the room again. "I bought her this ring." Steve pulled the small velvet box out of his pocket and opened it to show the man in front of him. "I really love her, Briar. I want nothing more than to spend my life with her."

"Steven." Briar cut the man off, finally realising that he hadn't responded yet. "You have my permission to marry my sister, not like she'd really care if I gave you permission or not." He chuckled. "That girl is head over heels in love with you. If you ask her, she'll say yes."

"She will?" Steve questioned anxiously.

"Of course she will, you idiot." Briar chuckled.

~

Darla walked around her and Steve's room, she had just finished getting ready for their date night. He was taking her to a small restaurant around the corner, one they usually went too every Saturday evening.

She ran her hands over her silky green dress and smiled, she was finally feeling like a slight bit of normality was making its way back to them. But she knew that they would never stop searching for the others.

"You ready?" Steve questioned as he popped his head around the corner. "Wow, you look beautiful." Steve blushed once he saw the girl. "I am one lucky man."

He walked up to the girl with a beaming smile on his face, he brought his hands up to cup the girls cheeks and place a soft kiss against her lips.

"So, so beautiful." He whispered softly, his fingers trailing down her jawline, towards her biceps and grabbing her hands. "Shall we get going, baby?" He questioned, making Darla nod her head in response.

The meal was going great, they exchanged so many laughs and heart warming smiles. It felt like everything was okay. Like half of the population wasn't missing.

Steve felt so incredibly nervous about asking the girl in front of him to be his wife. He didn't know if she would want to get married without her family or friends been here.

With all the self doubting pushed aside, Steve dug his hand into his blazer pocket and cleared his throat, gaining the blondes attention.

"Are you okay?" Darla questioned anxiously, not wanting Steve to be upset or worried about anything.

Steve looked around the restaurant. Maybe a public place wasn't the best idea. He didn't know how many people in here lost their significant other due to the snap that they couldn't prevent. They were already getting a few dirty looks.

"I'm fine." Steve smiled, pulling his hand out of his pocket and linking it with the girls. "Everything's perfect."

~

Darla shivered slightly as they walked home. The sky was dark and the wind was harsh. Steve didn't hesitate in giving the girl his blazer, not wanting her to be cold.

The blonde smiled up to the man, silently thanking him. She slipped her arms into the jacket and linked one of her arms with Steve and placed the other in the pocket.

She furrowed her brows once she felt the small velvet box. Without pulling it out, she opened the box and felt a ring. Darla tried her hardest not to react.

Darla closed the box and furrowed her brows, wondering if it was meant to be an engagement ring and if it was, why he didn't ask.

"I love you, you know?" Steve blurted out randomly, causing Darla to give him her full attention.

"I know." Darla smiled softly. "I love you too."