𝐈𝐈.𝐕𝐈𝐈

TENSION

Steve walked in between the two girls as they tried to make their exit.

"Standard tac team. Two behind, two across, and two coming straight at us. If they make us, we'll engage, you get to the south escalator to the metro." Steve motioned to himself and Darla, then to Natasha.

"Shut up." Darla said, grabbing the mans arm, "Laugh at something we just said." She instructed Steve, who then fake laughed at both the girls. Darla sighed as the two guards walked straight past the three.

The three headed to the escalators, Natasha's eyes flickered and landed on Rumlow. She turned around and looked up to both Steve and Darla who were already stood side by side.

"Kiss her." Natasha ordered Steve.

"What?" Steve questioned with furrowed brows. Darla was slightly take back by Natasha's order.

"Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable." She paused noticing Steve's confusion. "Kiss her before I do." Natasha said strongly.

Darla was taken back slightly when Steve connected their lips. His hands gripped her waist and pulled her into his chest.

Natasha turned back around with a smirk and tried to hide her face from Rumlow as best as she could. Her work with the couple was done.

Darla gripped onto Steve's shirt and moved their lips in sync. She could have sworn that her heart skipped a beat as he brought one hand up to cup her cheek.

She felt the man smile into the kiss before he pulled away. It was short and sweet, but left Steve blushing.

"You still uncomfortable?" Natasha questioned trying to hide her smirk.

"It's not exactly the word I would use." Steve muttered. She couldn't contain the smile on his face. He already missed the way her lips felt pressed against his. So soft and sweet.

It felt right.

~

Darla sat shot gun, whilst Steve drove and Natasha sat in the back, fast asleep. Darla had her legs pulled up into her chest, her feet digging into the cushion on the seat.

"Where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?" Darla questioned curiously.

"Nazi Germany." Steve answered. "And we're borrowing." He turned and looked at the blonde with a teasing smirk, "Take your feet off the seat."

Darla looked at Steve with pursed lips before she slowly slid her feet off the seat. She watched as Steve steered the car with one hand, he seemed to be so confident.

"Alright." Darla sat up straight. "I got a question for you." She lightly tapped Steve. "Which, by the way is completely up to you if you answer or not. But I feel like if you don't answer it though, you're kind of answering it, you know?"

"What?" Steve said through a chuckle, he couldn't wait any longer for the girl to ask.

"Was that your first kiss since 1945?" Darla had a smirk playing on her face as she looked at the blushing man.

"That bad huh?" Steve questioned, his eyes remaining on the road.

"I didn't say that." Darla said quickly.

"Well it kind of sounds like that's what you're saying." Steve insisted.

"No, that's not what I'm saying." She placed her hand over Steve's, making his blue eyes meet her green ones. "I just wondered how much practice you've had."

"You don't need practice." Steve said as he changed gears, making Darla's hand move with his.

"Everybody needs practice." Darla said teasingly.

She watched as the man's cheeks burned red. He was becoming more and more flustered with the second.

"It was not my first kiss since 1945. I'm 95, I'm not dead." Steve said as he turned to look at the girl who had a smirk on her face.

"Any body special?" Darla questioned curiously.

Steve's eyes flickered up and down the girl,

"Maybe just one." He said as she spoke about the blonde. Darla didn't quiet catch onto what the man was saying. "How much practice have you had?"

Darla chuckled, realistically she should have expected the question to come right back around to her, but she didn't.

"Enough." She shrugged.

"How much?" Steve persisted.

"Well, my first boyfriend was when I was fourteen, we broke up because of the voices, my first girlfriend at sixteen." She listed making Steve's eyes widen slightly. Darla chuckled at his response. "And at nineteen when we broke up, then I just fucked around. Until I met you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Steve questioned curiously.

"Whatever you want it to mean." She whispered back and turned her head to face the road.

Steve couldn't help the smile that formed on his face. He hesitantly linked his hands with her's and just continued to drive.

Darla's heart was racing. For the first time in two years she had felt needed. She felt at peace whenever she was around Steve. The voices were quiet, her anxiety seemed to ease and she could just relax and enjoy the ride.