𝐕𝐈𝐈.𝐈𝐈

TWINS

Darla removed herself from the situation and made herself busy upstairs, deciding that it was probably best to get out of everyone's hair. She didn't want them to feel like she was intruding.

She walked into what appeared to be Wanda and Visions bedroom. She noticed the photos sat on top of the chest of draws. Her fingers ran along the frame of the photo of her and Steve with Wanda. She missed the man dearly, even though it hadn't been long since she last saw him, it felt like years.

"Auntie Darla?" Tommy spoke with a smile.

The blondes eyes widened once she was the two boys, who a mere few moments ago were only new born babies. The twins were now five, to say that Darla didn't understand would have been an understatement.

"Where's Uncle Steve?" Billy asked as he walked up to the woman.

Darla looked between the pair, her mouth opening and closing as if she was about to say something but couldn't find the words. She wasn't quite sure what to say.

"Let's go and find mommy and daddy shall we?" Darla whispered softly as she grabbed both of their hands to take them down stairs. "RED! We have a situation." Darla shouted as she walked down the stairs.

"Kids." Agnes said after letting go of a long sigh. "Can't control them, no matter how hard you try." She laughed, taking a sip of her drink.

"Well, Hi." Wanda smiled and opened her arms, as did Vision for the boys to go and hug them.

Darla sat down on the stairs, wondering how on Earth they aged up so fast, but she didn't say anything. She kept quiet and just allowed the couple to be happy, after all it was the least they deserved.

"Red? Can we talk for a moment?" Darla spoke up as she and Vision placed the twins down. "Upstairs, in private." The blonde eyes Agnes suspiciously. She wasn't sure what it was but something wasn't right about the woman.

Wanda hesitantly nodded but followed Darla upstairs and into the master bedroom that she and Vision shared. Wanda noticed how anxious Darla looked, her eyes worried as they dart around the room.

Darla took in a sharp breath, she ran her tongue over her bottom lip and took a seat on the bed after grabbing a photo of all of The Avengers. She allowed a smile to form on her face as her fingers ran over everyone.

"What's going on here, Wanda? Why did you live away? Why did you leave?" Darla asked as she looked up to the red headed woman.

Wanda cleared her throat at all the questions that she felt like she couldn't answer. All Wanda really wanted was a fresh start with no drama from fighting to save the planet or suffering from further losses. She just wanted peace.

The red head furrowed her brows as she looked towards Darla. Her heart ached as she remembered the events. It was hazy and faint, but she remembered them.

"Darla?" Wanda's voice cracked as she spoke. "How are you here?"

"Oh well, Steve dropped me off but he couldn't stay. He had work in the morning." Darla chucked, she wished that he could have stayed so that he could have seen the babies.

"No, Darla, what I mean to say is-" Wanda's heart was racing at the idea of asking the question. "How are you al-"

Darla's eyes widened and she quickly stood up, cutting Wanda off from what she was about to say. She cleared her throat and returned the photo to where she originally found it.

"It's been a pleasure to see you, Red. But I really best be going. Don't want Steve to get lonely in that big old house of ours." The blonde nervously chuckled.

Wanda's heart broke at the idea of her leaving so quickly, especially after she only just arrived. But she understood. The red head nodded and pulled Darla in for a tight hug.

"I'll miss you. So much." Wanda whispered, pulling the girl back in once Darla tried to pull away.

"I'll be back soon." Darla rubbed circles on her back. "I promise, now let me go and say a goodbye to your husband and those boys of yours."

Darla pulled away from Wanda and headed downstairs fo Vision, Billy and Tommy. She smiled once she saw Vision in the kitchen, attempting to cook and the boys sat on the couch. She headed into the kitchen first.

"Hey, Vis, I'm heading off now." Darla spoke, gaining his attention. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and noticed the way he hesitated for a second before hugging her back. "Make sure to keep an eye on Wanda for me, I'm worried about her."

"Of course." Vision smiled as he pulled away. "You're welcome anytime, Darla. Show up announced or unannounced, we will always make room for you."

Darla smiled thankfully, the man was a real sweetheart and she knew that his words were genuine. He was a good man, with honest intentions.

"Thank you, Vis." Darla headed over to the boys and knelt down in front of them. "Auntie Darla is heading home now." She whispered and noticed the way that their faces fell. "Now I know Auntie Agnes isn't a fun but don't give mommy a hard time because you don't get a cool baby sitter."

The boys both chuckled at their Auntie. The placed their hands on top of Darla's, causing the corner of her lips to curl upwards.

"Be good boys, I'll see you both real soon, I'm sure." Darla smiled, pressing her lips against their temples before leaving the house.