𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐕

TAKEOVER

Darla had just moved the dish, causing interference with the intercoms head sets. She, Steve, Sam and Hill all waited outside the door as a man opened it up to both Sam and Hill pointing a gun at him.

"Excuse us." Steve said as the man immediately put his hands up. Steve placed his hand on the small of Darla's back and guided her through the room.

"You've got this." She whispered and linked her hand with his as he clicked down on the intercom.

"Attention all SHIELD agents, this is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth."

Steve looked across to Darla, who had a proud smile on her face. Both of them knew this was the right thing to do.

"SHIELD is not what we thought it was. It's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control."

Darla looked around at the men and women staring at them as Hill escorted them out. She wondered what they were thinking, and how many of them worked for HYDRA.

"They shot Nick Fury. And it won't end there. If you launch those helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way. Unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot. But the price of freedom is high. It always has been."

Darla smiled at the man. His eyes never left hers as he spoke.

"And it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."

"Did you write that down first, or just say it off the top of your head?" Sam questioned as he took a step forward with a cocky smirk.

"Of course it was off the top of his head. He's Captain America." Darla bragged as she tapped Sam's chest with a grin.

"They're initiating launch." Hill announced as she looked at the CCTV footage.

"Right then, let's go." Darla said as she took off running outside.

"Hey Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam shouted over to the man.

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad." Steve responded as Sam flew off and Steve wrapped his arm around Darla's waist tightly before he jumped down. The man landed perfectly much to his surprise.

Bullets were being fired at the two, every move they made they had to dodge a bullet. Darla ducked behind some crates as Steve jumped over them, using his shield to hide from the bullets.

An agent came from around the crate, holding his gun tightly and aiming it directly at Darla's head.

"Look, man, I think you just made a big mistake." She muttered putting her hands up in surrender. The man scoffed as Steve slammed his fist into the side of the agents face.

Steve shoved the man against one of the crates before slammed his shield into his face.

"I like when you get protective. It's hot." Darla smugly smirked and grabbed a grenade from the mans waistband before throwing it in the direction of three agents coming their way. The blonde looked back up to Steve, who looked as if he was about to say something but couldn't find the words.

"Hey, Cap, I found those bad guys were were talking about." Sam said as he flew through the air whilst being fired at.

"You okay?" Steve questioned concerned for his friend.

"I'm not dead yet." Sam said confidently.

"How about we keep it that way?" Darla suggested over the comms.

"Sounds good to me Mrs America." Sam agreed with a small chuckle.

~

Steve and Darla were under heavy fire, but never split from one another. Both knew that they could fight better together than alone.

Darla fired at some of the agents coming there way, whilst Steve stuck with hand to hand.

"Eight minutes, Cap, Darla." Hill's voice came in over the comms.

"Yeah, yeah, we're working on it." Darla uttered in response as she slammed the butt of the gun into the agents stomach, making him double over. "Go. I got this." Darla nodded towards Steve who hesitated before running off towards the building.

Darla span around and kicked an agent in the face as he tried to sneak up on her. She grabbed his head and slammed it down onto her knee before throwing him aside.

She pulled out her small pistol from the waist band of her pants before firing at two men, immediately killing them.

"I knew Aspen dragging me to the shooting range would come in handy one day." She mumbled to herself.

"Darla? Where are you?" Steve questioned over the comms, he regretted leaving the girl alone but he knew it was for the best.

"I'm still down here. How many of the targeting blades are in?" She questioned looking around for any more surprises.

"Just the one." Steve answered back.

"Samuel? May I get a lift up there?" Darla questioned with a grin, not even seconds later she felt herself being lifted off the ground by The Falcon.

"Were in." Sam said as he placed the girl down. Darla pulled out the targeting blade and handed it to Sam, who carefully placed it in.

"Two down, one to go."