Chapter 50.

Five months later!

Elijah's POV.

Time flies. I can't believe it's already been months since I last saw Annette. She is punishing me for no reason. I don't even believe she loves me anymore because she never once called me or found out if I am fine or not. She doesn't care but at least her parents and sister do. 

The last couple of months, I hardly slept. I searched everywhere for her. I even tried breaking into her grandfather's place but I was caught before I could look for her. I hate hide and seek and she is so good at it. I just wish she told me why she doesn't want to see me. 

"Hello, mom." I gave her a kiss. "You look beautiful today."

"Thank you, honey." She kissed. "You look happy today." She smiled. "Elijah, do you want to ask me for something?"

"Yeah!" I answered. "Mom, I am a grown-up. I want to move back to my house. I really can take care of myself."

"I know love but I just want you to live here with us. You are my baby, so why do you want to move out of this house when you have everything you need?" 

"Oliver and Emily both have their own house, they don't even live here and they are younger than me. Mom, I love you but please don't try to change my mind." 

"I won't try to change your mind but please don't move out of this house." She said. "I don't want anything happening to you. Oliver and Emily are both in college that is why they don't live here, I promise I will tell them to move here as soon as they are done with college."

"Mom, even that won't change my mind. I really love this place. I grew up here but I just want my own space. I miss my house that is why I am moving out." I replied. "I have already told Dad and he assigned me more bodyguards."

"Okay." She looks sadder than the first time I decided to move out of this house. "But you need to promise me that you will look after yourself and call me for help anytime."

"I promise." I hugged her. 

I left the house and went straight to work. I miss the times when Annette was my roommate and she used to steal my car. Life is boring without the person you love. I'll do everything I can to find her. I will find her soon. 

"Mr. Carson." My private investigator who is also my friend whispered. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked. "Why are you acting like a thief?"

"Well, I am hiding from your father." He mumbled and I locked my office. "A few weeks ago you came crying to me to help you find Annette because your father is lying about helping you."

"I didn't cry and I never asked you to find her. You offered." I corrected him.

"Elijah, I offered because you wouldn't stop telling me about how much you miss her and how your father has turned everyone against you because he doesn't want Annette and you to be together." He said. "Anyways, I am scared of your father but I am a criminal and you are my friend that is why I am helping you out. If I die because of your father, I will never forgive you."

"If my father kills you and you die then I don't need your forgiveness because you dead." I rolled my eyes. "So tell me the good news? Did you find my Annette?"

"Yeah." He replied and my heart started beating faster.

"Really? Where is she? Did you bring her here? Is she fine?" 

"Carson let me speak." He said and I smiled, nodding my head. "I don't know where Annette is bu--."

"Then why did you say you found her?" I asked.