Chapter 17.

Annette's POV.

I quickly went upstairs with a plate of food. I have to apologize to Elijah and ask him to eat. I know he won't stay angry at me forever and he can't starve to death. 

His door was opened and he was talking to himself so I stop myself from disturbing him. If he is really this stress because of Kathleen than he probably likes her. I was about to leave when he started breaking things. It's all my fault he is going through this. I will have to tell uncle Ben the truth.

"Why did she have to lie to dad."  He shouted and I went inside his room.

"Eli." I mumbled.

"Leave me alone Annette." He said and I quickly put the plate on the table. "Annette wait." He stopped me. "You know I love you and you are my sister so why did you lie."

"Elijah I am really sorry." I am really not sorry but he doesn't need to know that. I hate Kathleen so much that if I threw her off a cliff I would still smile while she screams. I don't even know why I hate her so much.

"You do know I can never tell dad you are lying because then he will have a reason to hate your family even more. Annette, why do you like troubling me, what did I do to you to make hate me so much. Sister, you really changed a lot. You always used to take my side but now you against me."

"Eli, I will apologize to Kathleen and bring her back so stop all this. I don't hate you and you know that." I stated and he hugged me. 

"Thank you." His whole attitude changed. "When are you going to bring her back and are you going to tell Dad the truth."  I can't believe he was putting an act just so I can arrive to apologizing to Kathleen.

"Tonight and then I will go to Kathleen's house tomorrow." I promise to put camera's in Kathleen's house too.

"Now I can eat." He jumped on his bed and I passed the food to him. "I know Dad will be angry with you but he will forgive you for lying just like I did. And by the way, mom said you should go visit her."

"I heard that Sofia ma and you had a fight when I was at the hospital so tell me, are you okay."

"Are you trying to ask me if everything is fine between my mother and I?" I quickly looked down. "Well, I can never stay angry at my mother and she can't stay angry at me so yes everything is fine between us. She even took me out yesterday and made me pay just like every time she takes me out."

"Do you remember the day we turned eighteen and she said we could have a sip of wine?" I asked and he nod his head. "I miss those days."

"I miss the days I used to sleep around without dad being on my case. I miss sleeping at detention and I miss taking my sisters out. So for breaking my heart today I will take you, Emily and Oliver and you going to pay."

"Don't I always pay?" I questioned and he shrugged his shoulders. "What time are we going to go out tomorrow?" 

"After work because Oliver and Emily are writing exams in the morning and I still have to send the driver to fetch them." He smiled. "So get ready for new beginnings because after tomorrow you not going to pick a fight with Kathleen and everything that happened between us is in the past. No more fight, promise." 

"Promise." I don't even know what happened this whole month. I thought we would actually date after he slept with me but instead he is asking me to forget everything that happened. Mom was right, Elijah will never change. He will always be the playboy everyone loves so I need to move on. 

"Now can you please leave I need to call a friend." He said and I nod my head. I left his room and called Uncle Benjamin.  I am scared to go to his house. He will probably kill me for lying to him.