Chapter 15.

Annette's POV.

I opened my eyes and everything was blurry. I got up and tried to call Elijah but I accidentally hit the table. 

"Annette, be careful." Uncle Benjamin helped me. My whole body hurts. "You and your mother always create problems for me." He complained, helping me get back in the bed. "I honestly don't like the Kingstons."

"Where is Elijah?" I asked, sitting up.

"You want to know where Elijah is when you the reason he had a fight with his mother." Uncle replied. "Listen, I know you not a bad kid but I don't like the fact you are friends with my son. Eli is stubborn and wild but whenever you around him, he gets in trouble so stay away from him if you consider him to be your brother."

"Uncle why--why did Elijah and mom fight?" I questioned.

"You the reason why the had a fight so please Annette do us all a favor and stop getting Elijah in trouble, just let him be happy for ones, and please stop calling Sofia your mom or else your mother will start another fight." I don't know why Uncle is saying all of this. I wonder what happened while I was unconscious.

Oliver came in the room and a smile made it's way to my face. Who wouldn't be happy to see Oliver Carson, the cutest, sweetest person alive.

"Dad, are you seriously going to let them keep fighting? The media's are literally everywhere." Oliver said. "Oh hey, Anne, you awake." He quickly planted a kiss on my head. 

"I don't want to get another smack from your mother, so yes I will let them fight until they both get tired." Uncle Benjamin answered.

"Who is fighting?" I questioned.

"Your mother and mom but don't worry your dad is there to stop the fight." Oliver said and I got out of bed. "Anne, you can't get up, the doctor said your arm is broken."

"My whole body hurts but I can't just stay in this bed. My mother is stubborn and you know your mom won't give up so easily. I need to stop them before they say something they'll regret." I said and Uncle Ben started laughing. "What is so funny?"

"Just go stop them." He replied and Oliver and I both walked out of the room. Uncle Ben is so happy which means mom is really angry. I hope she didn't make a promise she won't be able to keep.

I heard my mother shouting, the second I found them. I can't believe they created a big scene. 

"Mom, please stop." I begged my mother and she looked at me angry.

"I am really happy you awake dear but sit over there for a minute, I need to deal with these Carsons." My mother said before turning back to Aunt Sofia. "You were praising your son the whole time right Sofia? You think he is well-mannered and every girls dream. You think your Elijah would never hit a girl, not even by accident but let me tell you something Sofia. The only reason why Elijah didn't get anyone pregnant is because of Annette. Ever since they were little, she always took the blame for everything that he did but not anymore."

"Ma--." I tried to stop her but my father stopped me.

"She will think you on the Carsons side." My father whispered. "You know your mother is stubborn just like Sofia."

"Say whatever you want Anna. My son doesn't need your daughter nor an---." Elijah came out of nowhere and grabbed his mother.

"Mom, let's leave." He tried to make her leave but she refused. "Mom, you can't seriously entertain all these people, think about your reputation." He added. "Please."

"I am only leaving because unlike you, I listen to my children." Aunt Sofia said to my mother. "Annette, get well soon dear." She added before leaving and My mom took me back to my room.