Chapter 72.

Elijah's POV.

The whole day I had meetings. I didn't even get a chance to have lunch. I have never been this busy but I am not complaining. The company is not the same without my dad, I love doing everything myself but I wish he was here today.

I was walking to Uncle Marko's office when I bumped into my father.

"I am glad you are here, you have been missing the whole day." I said and he smiled.

"I have been busy at home, kid."

"You look like you have seen a ghost." I replied, looking around. "Is everything okay?" 

"Yes, of course."

"You and mom are not having a fight, are you?" I questioned.

"Your mom and I are amazing, we are really good, no fights." 

"That's good." I replied. "I needed to talk to you about something dad." I grabbed his hand and went to my office. "There is a new deal worth millions and I have been trying to get them on board but uncle Kai is ignoring my calls so I think he might want to get the deal but I won't let him because this deal means a lot to us. I want to win this deal dad, so can you please help me with it."

"You have said 'deal', a million times Elijah." 

"That's all your heard? Dad are you okay?" I asked.

"Yes I am but I think deals are a bit too risky." 

"We run a company dad, we need to make deals in order to reach new heights and to keep this place running." I said. "Now will you please help me with the presentation because I need to get this deal, please?"

"Yes, sure." My dad agreed. "Kai is also coming to our place tonight so if you want you can talk to him then."

"Awesome, I will be there." I can't wait to steal his ideas and win this deal. There's no family in this business.

"So, umm, why do you hate Anna a lot?" He asked. "I respect your decision and all but I just always wanted to know why you would hate someone you used to address as mom."

"Honest answer?"

"Yeah!" 

"Well, umm, I don't." My eyes started tearing. "I love ma Anna a lot."

"What?" He looked at me confused. "Eli, why are you against her seeing your children then?"

"I am not against that." I replied.

"You are, you literally threatened us." 

"Dad, please don't try and act smart with me." I said. "I know you covered up for mom when she lets Anna see the children."

"You know that?"

"Yes!" I answered. "And you know if I hated her I would've been so against that but I really don't hate her."

"Then what?"

"Whenever I see her, I remember Annette because Annette was her spitting image. Every time I see Aunt Anna I remember the fact I will never see Annette again in this world. I don't want to be reminded of her dad."

"I understand." He smiled. "I am proud of you kiddo."

"Will you still be proud if I make headlines with some models from a club." I joked.

"Of course, I actually think your mom would celebrate it." He said. 

"I am starving and I didn't speak to my children the whole day so let's go home." I told my dad and he got up.