Chapter 5.

Elijah's POV.

I couldn't stop thinking about Annette, the whole day. I don't know how I will finish interviewing all the people that applied for the job. If Annette didn't have a nightmare last night, I would have asked her to interview the people for me.

"Tell the next person to come in." I told the women and she left. "God, please be with me." I mumbled.

"Can I come in, sir?" A girl asked standing at the door and I nod my head. "Thank you." She quickly took a seat in front of me. "Here is my CV, sir."

"Kathleen Joe, you have a degree of business management, BAdmin and marketing." I read her CV. "Kathleen, why do you want to be my personal assistant if you have three degrees?"

I suck at this!

"Sir, I can't find a job and right now, I'll be grateful for anything. I don't mind doing anything you ask me. I just want a job because I'm the only child with a degree in my family. I promise I won't ever complain or refu--."

"Please calm down." I interrupted her.  "Have some water and please don't cry in my office, I actually don't like it, when people cry."

"I'm sorry." She mumbled hugging herself.

"I need a PA who will not let people walk over her. I want someone strong so can you do that?" I asked and she nod her head smiling. She is over qualified but there is no other job except being my PA, so I'll just have to give her the job. "You can start today or tomorrow, your choice." Dad is definitely going to kill me for choosing her as my personal assistant. He will probably think, I chose her because she's beautiful.

"I'll start now." Kathleen said.

"That's fine. You can start with getting my office in order than you can ask June for help. He knows everything." I got up. "And don't forget, every lunch break, I'm always out. I never have lunch in my office."

"I understand sir, thank you so much for the job."

"I am going to leave now. If my father comes here, tell him, my girlfriend is in hospital." I quickly left my office.

I arrived at the restaurant and Eros was standing at the corner, talking on the phone. I know he will complain about me being late.

"Eros." I smiled, pushing him. "Why are you standing here, why don't you take a seat. I'll order some food for us."

"I'll call you back, mom." He hang up. "Listen Elijah, I know you hate me so much and I hate you more so get to the point. Why the hell did you phone me so late at night?"

"I missed you." I almost vomited, just saying those words to him. "We can be enemies but we both care about Annette."

"I don't understand what you are trying to say." We both took a seat.

"I know what I did was wrong. I hated you so mu--."

"You still hate me." He corrected me and I nod my head.

"Yes. I hate you so much but I regret drugging you and setting you up. I never wanted you and Annette to date. I just wanted my sister to date someone who loves her as much as she loves him. But now, I think you might just be the person she loves." He started laughing.

"Elijah Fucking Carson, is apologizing to me." He continued laughing. "Wow, you really did miss, fighting with me at school and college."

"Eros chilles--.

"Say my last name right or else I'll leave." He threatened me.

"Eros Achilles." I faked a smile. "I am sorry for breaking my sister's heart. I never meant to break Annette's heart. I know you would never break her heart so please ask her out again, I won't ever interfere and I'll do whatever you ask me to do."