Chapter 12.

Elijah's POV.

I kept staring at the glass of wine my father poured me. I know everything that happened last night was a mistake but I can't help but feel guilty. Annette is my sister but I played with her feelings. I hope she forgives me for kissing her last night.

"I know you not thinking about me." My father said and I snapped out of my thoughts. "Come on kiddo, tell me what's on your mind?"

"You really want to know?" I questioned and he giggled.

"You know I don't care about the dirty things you think about but you told your mother you want to spend time with me so yeah, I want to know." 

"I kis---." I can't tell him about kissing Annette. He will ask me why I'm freaking out when she's suppose to be my girlfriend "I miss home." I lied.

"Eli, the whole family is here so who you missing?" He asked.

"Dad can I ask you something?" He nod his head. "How would you feel, if you kissed Aunt Layla?" 

"Are you crazy? Layla is like a sister to me."

"But you and her don't share----."

"Eli, did Carlos say something to you?" He asked and I shook my head. "Then why are you asking me stupid questions."

"Dad, You know I am dating the person I used to call sister so I was just wondering if you and Aunt Layla liked each other." 

"I never thought of liking Layla because she always belonged to Carlos but even if she was single I would never want to date her. Eli, if I ever kiss Layla or if she kisses me we would never be the same. I am married and your mother would probably kill her." 

"What if you and Aunt Layla were both single?" I questioned and he got up.

"I knew it." My Father giggled. "Your mother send you, I should've known." 

"Yes dad, you got me." I faked a smiled and he put his drink down. 

"Sofia." Dad shouted, leaving the living room bar. 

I feel sorry for you Dad. I hope you don't accuse mom of trying to hook you up with someone or else she is going to ground you, like last time. I'm Sorry, I can't tell you the real reasoning why I'm asking you about Aunt Layla.

I quickly went to my room and looked for Annette, but I couldn't find her. I can't believe I haven't seen her the whole day. Oliver did say she is fine so I don't need to check on her.

I went to bed and someone barged into my room. 

"Anne?" I got up, confused. "I thought you would sleep in Oliver's room." I added. 

"You don't care about me?" She asked, tears in her eyes.

"Of course I care about you."

"Evelyn said you don't care." She mumbled.

"Is she the one that also told you to drink?" I asked and she nod her head. I should've disowned Evelyn long ago. She is a witch and not my cousin. I'll kill her. "I'll go to her." Annette blocked my way and I couldn't leave the room.

"I'm I not pretty like the other girls?" Annette questioned.

"You know you way cooler and prettier than the other girls. Now may I go talk to Evelyn?" I asked and she shook her head.

"If you think I'm pretty, prove it." She said.

"How?" I asked and she kissed me. "Annette." I snapped, breaking our kiss. "You are like a sister."