Chapter 92.

Annette's POV.

"How are you feeling, father?" I tried to help him sit up but he stopped me.

"I'm fine Annette." He said. "Your mother already irritates me so please, don't be like her. I am not a baby."

"Speaking of baby." I smiled. "I know it's early but did you think about a name? I have a feeling it will be a boy, maybe twins, I hope."

"I need to tell you something." He said.

"Sure, dad. Just say it."

"Your mother and I are thinking of getting a divorce." He said and my heart almost stopped beating.

"Divorce?" I asked, tears in my eyes. My parents can't get a divorce. They just can't!

"Yeah. I know it's a shock sweety but your mother and I just can't do it anymore."

"But you love her and she loves you." I said.

"Sometimes love isn't enough, I am sure you know that." He is right but I can't let him and mom get a divorce. I will do everything I can to make sure they never leave each other. "I'm sorry." He smiled.

"Why you smiling?" I asked.

"It's just, your grandpa was right." He said. "He told me a million times that love isn't enough and your mother and I will never last. Anne, your mother and I are so different. I can't believe I didn't see it all those years."

"That's what you said before." My mom said as she walked in. "You always say we are so different."

"Is it a lie?" He asked.

"No, of course, it's not." Mom replied. "Marko if we were the same, the kids would've been long dead. I am the one who always sacrifices herself, and her happiness to make sure everyone is safe."

"The only reason Meghan and Annette are ever in danger is because of you! You know that my family doesn't have enemies." Dad said.

"Yes, that's true. I have enemies compared to you and your stupid family but tell me one thing. Why doesn't Annette ever spend time with your side of the family? I mean your parents are not dead, are they?"

"My parents don't approve of our relationship. You know they never did and they never will. That's why I prefer Annette and Meghan not to spend a lot of time with them. Anna, don't try and turn everything around. Annette knows that my parents love her."

"Don't lie to her. They don't care about any of our children. You know Marko, when Annette is in danger or needs anything, she runs to my father, her grandpa cause that man that you think is evil would sacrifice himself for her happiness, something your parents would never do."

"Mom, can you please stop talking about Dad's parents."

"See." Mom smiled. "She doesn't even call them grandparents; she calls them your parents."

"At least my parents never killed anyone."

"At least my father never tried killing my children." Mom said and dad looked at her angrily. "What? You don't remember the time they wanted to kill our baby?"

"Can I come in?" Oliver asked, knocking on the door while he looked at me. "If you are all busy, I can come back another time."

"No, it's fine. You don't need to stand there, come in." Mom said, with a smile.

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked.

"I just came now." Oliver lied. "How are you doing Uncle?" He turned to my father.