Chapter 57.

One Month Later

Annette's POV.

I woke up and Elijah was singing. I wish I could wake up one day and find a note that said, 'he went to work' because right now I am getting impatient. I want space, something Elijah doesn't know how to give.

"Wakey wakey beautiful." He kissed me. "You ready for some fresh air."

"Elijah, I don't want to go out unless you will let me do it on my own." He has been following me everywhere since last month. I won't let him follow me around anymore.

"What's wrong if I go with you? You carrying my child and you can't defend yourself so I am not going to let you leave my house alone." He is so stubborn, it's useless talking to him.

"Fine!" I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I have to go see my grandpa without Elijah so I have to trick him somehow. 

I came out of the bathroom and Elijah was still in the room. If I agree to go out for some fresh air with him, I can call one of my grandpa's men to pick me up while I trick Elijah into going into labor. That isn't a bad idea if he runs to get me help but it might backfire if he just picks me up and runs with me. Anyways, I'll just think of a way to run away from Elijah along the way.

"Let's eat breakfast together so we can go out for some fresh air." I said and Elijah smirked.

"What are you up to Red?" He asked and I just walked past him and went downstairs to the kitchen. "Okay, we'll do whatever you want."

"Don't say whatever I want." I took a seat. "Elijah, if you wanted to do whatever I want then you would stay here at home while I go see a friend and stretch my legs." I smiled. 

"That's not happening my love." He said. "Now let's eat before we start arguing."

We both started eating. Why is it hard to get rid of Elijah? 

As soon as we were done eating, I left to go get dressed. 

I came back downstairs and Elijah was on the phone so I took that chance to call my grandpa. 

"Grandpa." I quickly said as soon as he answered the call. "Can you send one of your men to come and fetch me? I'll put my location on and send you a message when I am ready to be picked up." 

"That fool is still keeping you locked up?" He asked and Elijah grabbed my phone.

"Who is this?" Elijah asked and grandpa hangs up on him. "Such a rude man."

"Elijah you are abusing me." I said and he giggled. 

"I love you." He pulled my cheeks. "And I don't want to lose you or our baby. I promise after you give birth you can go wherever you want."

"So another month of lockdown." I looked at him sad.

"Nope. Another month of your man being your puppet." 

"If you were my puppet you would do what I say." I told him and he grabbed my hand. "Elijah, don't ignore me."

"We late for your walk." 

The whole walk down the street was super boring. He kept asking me why I was talking to my grandpa.

"Can we get some food now. I am hungry." I stopped walking. 

"We just started walking Annette. I can still see our house." Eli replied.

"Well, my watch says I have been walking for about ten minutes and we made a deal last week. Eli, you said we'll get food every ten minutes."