Chapter 20.

Elijah's POV.

That Annette ruined my entire night. I can't even stop myself from falling asleep in my fucking office. I am so happy dad isn't here or else I wouldn't be able to sleep peacefully.

"Elijah, are you sleeping again." My father shouted, coming in my office. "You slept in the meeting and nowhere in the office." This father of me is worse than the devil. He is always everywhere.

"Dad, I asked if I could move back in but you said no. You are a stingy father." I mumbled, rubbing my eyes. 

"You were serious?" He asked and I nod my head. "Elijah, you are a mess. What happened to you?"

"Try sleeping in a big house, alone for an entire night without missing your roommate." I replied and he giggled. "Dad, last night was the worst night of my life."

"You lived alone when Annette was on holiday so what's new now?" He questioned.

"I knew Annette would come back but now she won't ever come back again. It feels like she's dead." That idiot girl thinks she is doing the right thing by moving out of my house. I regret getting used to her. 

"Elijah she isn't dead." My father replied. "Come on, if you seriously dying in that house than you can move back in."

"Thank you." I jumped and hugged him. "I love you, daddy." I kissed him.

"Your mother will be happy to hear that her stupid son is moving back." 

"I know mom will be happy." I smiled.

"Now go home and take a nap so you can move in later." He said and I shook my head.

"I will send someone to collect my things and I will go home after work. I can't wait to sleep in my old room." I replied and dad left my office. At least now I can look forward to going home.

"Can I come in?" Adrian asked and I nod my head. "Didn't you sleep last night?"

"You refused to come over and now you are asking me that question. You are not a real cousin or a friend."

"I am sorry." He said. "But at least Uncle Benjamin allowed you to move back in." He continued. "Now forget that and listen to what I am about to tell you. Elijah, Annette came to my house an hour ago because she wants to go to the business award where you taking, your cute PA, Kathleen."

"What?" I am actually not surprised. I know she hates Kathleen but she is hiding something else. This year's business award will definitely be fun.

"I was also shocked." He replied. 

"Did you--." 

"No." He interrupted me. "I have a mission, I can't just cancel it and take Annette to the business award. I really wanted to help her but I couldn't so she decided to stay at home that night." I know this fool is lying.

"Okay." 

"So did you get her tested?" He questioned and I shook my head, confused. "Annette, idiot."

"Is Annette, sick?" I asked and he giggled.

"You guys slept together without protection, shouldn't you be worried." He bit his lip and I hit him on the head.

"You have no shame." I can't believe he thinks Annette is pregnant. "Listen, Annette was already admitted to the hospital, they would've told us if she was pregnant or not so stop thinking about that."

"So let's go party tonight, just like old times." 

"I am moving in with my parents tonight so I can't go with you. Sorry." He is up to no good when he starts using his brains. I have to stay away from him until I am sure dad won't kick me out of his house.